\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I mean I wouldn’t say they’re being whored out…pts is a $12k option

And that is the one holdback for most people. Heck, when I was selling Fords, a few colors were $600 and people balked at that. Though if it were me, I'd definitely do a car in a custom color. If the Lotus Emira does come out with a tuned up version of the V6 (and S or GT model) and they offer bespoke colors like they did with the Evora GT, I'd be VERY tempted to save every penny to build my own Emira vs finding a used Evora GT. I'd do a purple or a crazy blue!

Any of y’all part of a car club? What do y’all do? I have been asked a couple of times to join a couple clubs but I’m a loner type :lol:
C7B42C01-C7C8-4A41-8626-DC2FEC56423E.gif

Any of y’all part of a car club? What do y’all do? I have been asked a couple of times to join a couple clubs but I’m a loner type :lol:

I'm in the Bay Area. When I had my Audi, I used to be part of AGSV. Still friends with a lot of those people.

Now that I have my 911, I'm part of the Porsche Club of America; Diablo region. The clubs are a great resource and tool. In addition to all the car related events, they've always provided a lot of help, even when it's outside of anything car related.

I’ve thought about joining the local chapter of the bmw cca, mainly for the plate but I’m lazy about it. :lol:

back in my JDM days, used to roll with a club...almost joined a lowrider club when I had my cutlass

honestly i aint got the time for it now, and all the "politics" that i hear about
ngl tho, its fun rolling with a crew and showing up deep

Met someone a while back that worked with BMW CCA and he put me on to some free events but I forgot, plus they're like 8am on a Saturday.

Car clubs can be VERY CLIQUEY!! When I bought my Mustang in 2006, I found a website that was an online club that had regional chapters. Joined it and it was fun...for a bit! Then the owner of the site had a falling out with someone else and it broke up. But I did meet some really wonderful people from it. People that you can tell were genuine and not into the BS that most clubs have. But there were also some in there that had SERIOUS ego issues and lots of bullying and just crap. Same with the local chapter of the Mustang Club of America. Only a VERY few that were nice. Everyone else...ugh!

Thankfully, I got out of the whole club thing as when I met my wife (at a car show no less, as she had a Mustang when we met) I started to slow down going to those all-day 8 to 4 pm car shows for awards. Got burned out. Timing couldn't have been better. 4 years of car shows was enough. But some of the nastiness of people really came to the surface when I didn't want to come out much anymore (I was enjoying my time with my girlfriend at the time now wife away from car shows). They were just rude and showed their true self. That ended clubs for me.

Now, we just do Cars & Coffee events on the weekends. And the core group of people we hang out with are older people. Some our age, but most are older and retired and ZERO BS! Just a fun time where we all enjoy everyone's company. Just this past weekend, a group of us did a cookie run after breakfast an hour away in the snowstorm (in our daily cars). Was a super fun day and the cookies were SO WORTH the drive. So my thought on clubs? You'll meet some good people but too much other crap going on and lots of petty jealousy and bitterness eminates from clubs.

Always been a get whatever wheel fits without altering guy.

Crazy to see these big wheels come on these cars from the factory and so many of the "those wheels are way too big" guys actually be fans now.

The "22s are way too big for that car" and the"24s and 26s are way too big for that truck/suv" guy...is now the..."doesn't look right on anything less than a 22..." Etc etc.

Here’s some more fodder for the g80 haters. :lol: picked it up last week, and now just waiting for warmer weather.
71E691CA-CA92-4D19-9C86-5D2C4705E490.jpeg
BMW go with a widebody design, rear arches look massive. 19" wheels. Congrats man. No hate here just at a different point in my car life, I can't leave the old schools alone. I want an old Riviera, I saw an old Monte Carlo I would love to get my hands on. Looking at old VW's. However all that is on hold just received news one of my cars has rod knock. SOB
aHR0cHM6Ly9jLnRlbm9yLmNvbS9WblVfUzZocTlBZ0FBQUFkL2ZvcnQtYmFieS5naWY_.gif

Just coming in kicking over my fort. This was my daily driver to cut down miles on the Tundra. An engine swap was planned but after the MR2, which is after the SC400. Somewhere in there the Datsun 240 is suppose to get done.

BMW go with a widebody design, rear arches look massive. 19" wheels. Congrats man. No hate here just at a different point in my car life, I can't leave the old schools alone. I want an old Riviera, I saw an old Monte Carlo I would love to get my hands on. Looking at old VW's. However all that is on hold just received news one of my cars has rod knock. SOB
aHR0cHM6Ly9jLnRlbm9yLmNvbS9WblVfUzZocTlBZ0FBQUFkL2ZvcnQtYmFieS5naWY_.gif

Just coming in kicking over my fort. This was my daily driver to cut down miles on the Tundra. An engine swap was planned but after the MR2, which is after the SC400. Somewhere in there the Datsun 240 is suppose to get done.
Thanks. 20s in the rear 19s up front.

Weren’t you dding a 5th gen lude? Is that the one with the knock?

Car clubs can be VERY CLIQUEY!! When I bought my Mustang in 2006, I found a website that was an online club that had regional chapters. Joined it and it was fun...for a bit! Then the owner of the site had a falling out with someone else and it broke up. But I did meet some really wonderful people from it. People that you can tell were genuine and not into the BS that most clubs have. But there were also some in there that had SERIOUS ego issues and lots of bullying and just crap. Same with the local chapter of the Mustang Club of America. Only a VERY few that were nice. Everyone else...ugh!

Thankfully, I got out of the whole club thing as when I met my wife (at a car show no less, as she had a Mustang when we met) I started to slow down going to those all-day 8 to 4 pm car shows for awards. Got burned out. Timing couldn't have been better. 4 years of car shows was enough. But some of the nastiness of people really came to the surface when I didn't want to come out much anymore (I was enjoying my time with my girlfriend at the time now wife away from car shows). They were just rude and showed their true self. That ended clubs for me.

Now, we just do Cars & Coffee events on the weekends. And the core group of people we hang out with are older people. Some our age, but most are older and retired and ZERO BS! Just a fun time where we all enjoy everyone's company. Just this past weekend, a group of us did a cookie run after breakfast an hour away in the snowstorm (in our daily cars). Was a super fun day and the cookies were SO WORTH the drive. So my thought on clubs? You'll meet some good people but too much other crap going on and lots of petty jealousy and bitterness eminates from clubs.

I figured as much. I am not about that drama and I hardly have time to spend all day at events. I would definitely be flaking or leaving after 30 mins. :lol: It would be dope to connect with cool folks and drive on scenic roads tho.

My neighbor has a 67' mercury cougar and a mustang GT 500 and the other has a C7 Z06. With my hemi, we are the all American car crew so that's my squad for now in the neighborhood.

Thanks. 20s in the rear 19s up front.

Weren’t you dding a 5th gen lude? Is that the one with the knock?
:smh:
Yup shop was like we can fix it, swap another H22 or do a K swap. I bought the Prelude with the intention of doing the K swap anyways. So I figured yeah lets move in that direction now, since the swap is necessary. Never seen a 5th Gen Prelude with a K swap figure why not be the first. Goal is a SEMA build for each and every car I build, trying to figure out how to flip that content into making money. Started a YouTube page, but content been slow with Covid.

Back
Top Bottom