\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

some guy was driving around Oakland in one of these slapping music hella hard and had all the high school kids at the bus stop dancing.
C357E6C4-654B-4A11-B4A4-68AF8B0BB7A0.jpeg
I would imagine this to be a pain in the *** to drive around city streets

Ha, wife and I were at the DC Auto Show Last night. Little bit underwhelming since none of the Euro brands were there.

Liked it was less crowed than the DC Costco.

ah, so it is true. i didn't see any euro brands listed on the auto show sight, so i skipped it this year. i wasn't sure if it was a mistake or they really weren't coming.

Anyone have experience with vroom?

Just copped a CLA from there.

1643510062533.png

I have to wire the rest of the down payment on Monday but communication has been poop from the sales rep who's handling my purchase
Pretty much another carvana, carmax. They each exist so none gets hit with anti trust laws :lol:

Did you get an inspection done? Alot of people are dumping problematic cars to cash in on the inflated values

Pretty much another carvana, carmax. They each exist so none gets hit with anti trust laws :lol:

Did you get an inspection done? Alot of people are dumping problematic cars to cash in on the inflated values
I copped the the full warranty through the life of the loan. Soon as it’s received I’m scheduling an inspection at my local Mercedes-Benz

Yeah def get it looked at within that 7 day return window. I haven’t heard the greatest things about vroom tbh

some guy was driving around Oakland in one of these slapping music hella hard and had all the high school kids at the bus stop dancing.
C357E6C4-654B-4A11-B4A4-68AF8B0BB7A0.jpeg

I SERIOUSLY hate these things!! All the versions, GM Top Kick, F750, This International CXT. Like seriously? Such a waste. Just go learn and get a CDL & buy a used Pete or vintage KW or a cool Mack and drive that. Would be way cooler. These are almost as bad a diesel pickup trucks with those stupid stacks in the bed. 😞

Well, last night on Barrett Jackson, the prior gen, Ford GT, in the Heritage option of Heritage Blue/Epic Orange official became a near $800K car (with the 10% fee added)! 😞😞😢😢😢 My ultimate dream car, the car I'd take over ANY Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, you name it, is totally out of control value wise. And yes, I'm not crazy, I'd own this over any of those in a second! Once you drive one, you get why they are so wanted and revered.
Screenshot_20220130-122531.png

Even regular colors are in the $400K range and even higher mileage cars (and by higher mileage, I'm talking like 8K-12K) are still in the mid $300K range. Totally incredible that these are doing this. And I remember like yesterday, getting a faxed advertisement from a broker offering these for $110k, $130k and even a "make offer" on a blue 2006 (which was a heritage. Incredible!!

That's why I've moved on from ever possibly getting one, and moved onto wanting a Lotus Evora 400 or GT. One of the last sports cars in a stick and very analog and old school. At least those are attainable for most people. The Ford GT will become a car that you'll rarely see on the road with values skyrocketing so much, as owners will want to keep them locked up. And that's a crying shame as they are so cool to see on the road and sound magnificent (especially with an aftermarket exhaust added.

These Porsche people on Rennlist kill me man. How these dudes complaining about how the 992 looks generally as opposed to last gen. Bruh. Its basically the same damn thing. :lol:

Now I know its the small details and obv enthusiasts can tell and those small details are what they are complaining about but cmon man. :lol:

I agree, the people on Rennlist are terrible but gotta be blind if you think the 992 looks like the 991.

Even regular colors are in the $400K range and even higher mileage cars (and by higher mileage, I'm talking like 8K-12K) are still in the mid $300K range.

My buddy picked one up for high 2s about 18 months ago. Sold it for close to 400k a couple of months back. Higher mileage too. Crazy.

I agree, the people on Rennlist are terrible but gotta be blind if you think the 992 looks like the 991.

My buddy picked one up for high 2s about 18 months ago. Sold it for close to 400k a couple of months back. Higher mileage too. Crazy.

He got in just before they blew up again. They were constantly in the upper $200K range in mid 2020 then, like a light switch, they shot up over $100K like that. Good for him. I couldn't sell it if it was me. I love the car too much to lose it. I'd drive the crap out of it. Take it everywhere, every cars & coffee, and let anyone sit in it and take anyone who wants to go for a ride. The car needs to be shared as you see more Lamborghinis, Ferraris and McLarens on the road than these.

Local C&C yesterday

D0BEA641-D6D7-4825-89C4-9CD074B5FBE5.jpeg

63FC3735-CC2A-4103-8AD5-F31FE7FC6AAE.jpeg

A44EEFFB-A988-4F26-A4DF-F0D0714B20DF.jpeg

That GT3 there is a Paint-to Sample in RubyStar. It's owned by a woman on Instagram who goes by Rhodabueno. She posted her ordering and delivery of it. Pretty cool process. Color is STUNNING! It's the new version of the 964 color Ruby Stone. Glad you got to see it up close. 👍

ah, so it is true. i didn't see any euro brands listed on the auto show sight, so i skipped it this year. i wasn't sure if it was a mistake or they really weren't coming.
Im an avid Auto Show attendee. BMW announced years ago they were getting out of the auto show game until further notice. The last year I saw Audi at the DC Show was 2019. I remember Benz and Porsche being there.

IMO it's a sin Porsche allowed these heritage colours to be whored out like this.

Why? It's much better than seeing 6 shades of grey, 5 shades of black and 4 shades of silver and 3 shades of white. Let's be honest, in the grand scope of normal car brands, colors for the most part suck. Nothing to stand out. And PTS isn't a guarantee for an order. I believe it's an allocation on top of the car allocation as well, and I'm sure it has to be approved by Porsche before it's locked in. It's why you don't see so many PTS colors. One can't go in and just order a PTS color.

Back
Top Bottom