\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

These meets do have their own swag & flare I have to admit. The Guyanese & Trinny boiz be puttin on the best shows with their R32's & the Dominicans got the best sound systems & roadside hookah bar is super lit 🤣. When they take over the Kohl's lot I just go to the roof of my building & get the perfect birds-eye view.- I get to see everyone & their cars & don't have to be part of the crazy crowd. Do they have Cars&Coffee in NY anywhere?

Im saying. You got the CRV’s and the El Alfa in one corner smoking hookahs and cant speak English, the old G35’s and Infinti boyz in another corner all wearing Yankee caps trying to convince people they have BMW performance but spent Nissan money. You got the actual BMW M3 dudes with the LOLAMG license plates on the side laughing at the broke Infiniti boys. You got 1998 Civic Si’s with fart cannons and the 2014 Si’s trying to drift forgetting they are FWD next to the STI owners talkin about **** Quattro and I eat Evo’s for dinner. Got the IS350’s all in line for some reason all of them are white with the red interiors. Then you also got the SRT Charger drivers and they all got bad credit but atleast their whips look nice.

If you lucky someone with a Honda Odyssey with a system gonna be playing Like A Pimp on repeat. Whats not to love? Ya’ll missing out.

Im saying. You got the CRV’s and the El Alfa in one corner smoking hookahs and cant speak English, the old G35’s and Infinti boyz in another corner all wearing Yankee caps trying to convince people they have BMW performance but spent Nissan money. You got the actual BMW M3 dudes with the LOLAMG license plates on the side laughing at the broke Infiniti boys. You got 1998 Civic Si’s with fart cannons and the 2014 Si’s trying to drift forgetting they are FWD next to the STI owners talkin about **** Quattro and I eat Evo’s for dinner. Got the IS350’s all in line for some reason all of them are white with the red interiors. Then you also got the SRT Charger drivers and they all got bad credit but atleast their whips look nice.

If you lucky someone with a Honda Odyssey with a system gonna be playing Like A Pimp on repeat. Whats not to love? Ya’ll missing out.
I'm dead :rofl: the SRT Charger drivers with bad credit is sooo ****ing on point & true lmfao :lol: . Oh yeah, how'd I forget about the beloved CR-V gang lol. They're literally everywhere & roll deep with some insane airbag suspensions. Seen on YouTube, mostly C&C events in NY are in the Upstate towns & cities.

I know it's not a C&C crowd which is why I said they have these "car meets" in a parking lot. Cops always get called, yes sir. They sometimes do a parking lot takeover like you mentioned. Literally be thousands of cars & the police scramble to get em the hell out. They litter, they do donuts burnouts & they fight & piss off a lot of the nearby tenants who only want some peace & quiet. Highly irresponsible to be doing it every other day. Fri Sat night is ok but to a limit. No one(myself included) wants to hear engines revving & tires burning Monday night @ 10PM. And yup, they get kicked out from one lot & than cluster together to another one smh.

C&C, although I've never been to one but I've heard from people I know & seen on Youtube is a whole another scene altogether. Rarely does **** pop off at a C&C event. The one I go to in Long Island is called OBI(Oak Beach Inn). The bar went outta business but Sunday morning meetup tradition stayed. Truly a great local event my boy put me on. I don't do too many car show events because large crowds give me anxiety but it's hella fun once in a while. Idk how some people do it 4 to 5 times a week...to me, that gets boring & played out especially if it's the same general area & people who show up. But to each their own 🤷‍♂️

For me, it's not necessarily all about the cars when we meet up. It's enjoying everyone's company and chatting about all different things. Now, cars are what brings us together, but it's the comroderie we all have with one another. See, the location we all do on Saturday mornings is at a small market in the back roads of town. And those back roads are a BLAST to drive on to get to the C&C. I'd always hear about it on IG but when I worked I could never go as it was Saturday mornings. So once I left on disability for Crohn's, I needed something to relax me and this definitely did.

The cars that show up on occasion my goodness. A few examples, Original 72 RHD 911 2.7 RS, 599 GTO, New Ford GT, Ferraris & Lamborghinis & McLarens, a Singer 911, it's crazy. I felt so out of place when I first came with my car, but the people I go with, their kindness and good company and overall love for ALL cars, told me it's not all about that. The day my one friend said how much he loved how my car sounds and looks, made me feel better about going. Now I don't miss a Saturday. We all talk about things. Car stuff, world stuff, other friends, things to do. Then we go for a decent spirited drive on some fun roads and have lunch. Just a good group to be around. It's my thing I like to do as my wife does as well on Sundays when we go to another Cars & Coffee together with everyone. There are even a few charity rally events around our area and we do that too. Like 40 miles of driving then a nice lunch together. Just fun days. And when I go back to work soon, this will be my weekend thing to escape from whatever new job I will eventually get. 👍

I grew up in the Bay, sideshows is all I know

Pro tip:
cop a ride to the sideshow and your hood will never get stomped in

16798587.jpg

my accountant just told me i need to spend more money so i can have stuff to write off. got a 2016 f150 work truck that i can upgrade i guess to a 2022. don't NEED to do it, but it's got 216k miles now and no real issues, but could be better to get ahead of them.

anyone have any idea on how long it takes to get a custom order for a ford pick up truck? never bought a brand new car before, but searched inventory everywhere near me and no one has the exact build i would want.

For me, it's not necessarily all about the cars when we meet up. It's enjoying everyone's company and chatting about all different things. Now, cars are what brings us together, but it's the comroderie we all have with one another. See, the location we all do on Saturday mornings is at a small market in the back roads of town. And those back roads are a BLAST to drive on to get to the C&C. I'd always hear about it on IG but when I worked I could never go as it was Saturday mornings. So once I left on disability for Crohn's, I needed something to relax me and this definitely did.

The cars that show up on occasion my goodness. A few examples, Original 72 RHD 911 2.7 RS, 599 GTO, New Ford GT, Ferraris & Lamborghinis & McLarens, a Singer 911, it's crazy. I felt so out of place when I first came with my car, but the people I go with, their kindness and good company and overall love for ALL cars, told me it's not all about that. The day my one friend said how much he loved how my car sounds and looks, made me feel better about going. Now I don't miss a Saturday. We all talk about things. Car stuff, world stuff, other friends, things to do. Then we go for a decent spirited drive on some fun roads and have lunch. Just a good group to be around. It's my thing I like to do as my wife does as well on Sundays when we go to another Cars & Coffee together with everyone. There are even a few charity rally events around our area and we do that too. Like 40 miles of driving then a nice lunch together. Just fun days. And when I go back to work soon, this will be my weekend thing to escape from whatever new job I will eventually get. 👍

You need to come to NYC. We got the best lowered CRV’s on cut springs, the finest heavily tinted V6 Chargers, the best sounding magnaflow exhaust Q50’s and the best roads to carve through (FDR drive).

my accountant just told me i need to spend more money so i can have stuff to write off. got a 2016 f150 work truck that i can upgrade i guess to a 2022. don't NEED to do it, but it's got 216k miles now and no real issues, but could be better to get ahead of them.

anyone have any idea on how long it takes to get a custom order for a ford pick up truck? never bought a brand new car before, but searched inventory everywhere near me and no one has the exact build i would want.

How long? Pre-Covid, when I worked at Ford, figure 8 weeks on average give or take a week. And I loved ordering a vehicle for someone. Always offered that to taking in stock. Guaranteed sales down the road & the customer got EXACTLY what they wanted. Now, gonna be a bit longer due to the chip shortage and also, you'll be paying a lot more as most places are MSRP and over on F-Series trucks. Not to say some dealers are discounting, but they are few and far between.

oh i was expecting way more than 8 weeks. interesting.

i just remembered that i tried to get my dad an suv from mercedes a couple months back. they were charging about 15% above msrp for the ones in stock, but said if we ordered one there would be no mark up above msrp, but it wouldn't be in until sometime in march or april. i guess i'll swing by sometime this weekend and see what they say in person.

Edit: just swung by my nearest dealer and they were saying 8-12 months for a customer order.

Last edited:
oh i was expecting way more than 8 weeks. interesting.

i just remembered that i tried to get my dad an suv from mercedes a couple months back. they were charging about 15% above msrp for the ones in stock, but said if we ordered one there would be no mark up above msrp, but it wouldn't be in until sometime in march or april. i guess i'll swing by sometime this weekend and see what they say in person.

Edit: just swung by my nearest dealer and they were saying 8-12 months for a customer order.

My estimate of 8 weeks was before Covid, like circa late 2019 before I left the business. I would call around as you may find a little quicker turnaround as it all depends on dealer allocations. Some dealers who are smaller only get so many per month while larger dealers get more cars and being bigger gives them a better shot at getting a car built quicker. Wouldn't hurt to call a few near you to get a consensus. 👍

You need to come to NYC. We got the best lowered CRV’s on cut springs, the finest heavily tinted V6 Chargers, the best sounding magnaflow exhaust Q50’s and the best roads to carve through (FDR drive).
Don't forget all the Hondas with spray painted red rims.

I love driving on the FDR. 3 narrow lanes side-by-side with all the twists & tight turns makes it feel like you're driving on a Go-Kart track lol, love it.

My estimate of 8 weeks was before Covid, like circa late 2019 before I left the business. I would call around as you may find a little quicker turnaround as it all depends on dealer allocations. Some dealers who are smaller only get so many per month while larger dealers get more cars and being bigger gives them a better shot at getting a car built quicker. Wouldn't hurt to call a few near you to get a consensus. 👍

i appreciate the insight. i'll start making some calls tomorrow.

Alot of people don't know that flyover states are the best when buying a car at or below MSRP. Don't buy in any large metro area. They mark everything up.

Called a couple other dealers and they said 3-4 months and no mark up above msrp. Also no deposit required. Seems risk free.

Stumbled on this car meet on a Friday at like 2pm. Crazy heat everywhere and nothing but senior citizen owned for the most part, felt like I was at a senior center 😂 but it was dope.

A6A359A8-F9BD-4787-8308-4657AC28B31B.jpeg
2CC64E14-4D71-4082-96B3-C052AE03E953.jpeg
B41C80E4-DDD8-48AF-A9E3-3BDBC03B8322.jpeg
C3BEBFC5-7CAE-43BA-9236-949A288EAD22.jpeg
36557D0A-3ACF-418E-85D8-865D7A95C514.jpeg
D36CF4E8-DB21-4994-A173-351BA5B62D3C.jpeg
DB7B237C-3F2B-4302-867F-5EDA982F962F.jpeg
1F799B4F-C193-4750-BE66-5397C4475E50.jpeg
5DD54B02-A5A1-4BC7-B3E5-09408F047E59.jpeg
3FD59478-101D-4479-87DA-78892CB403F2.jpeg
Dope pics man! Those are some beautiful cars right there. The grey on the GN looks awkward but nice at the same time lol. The black one is yours? Engine bay packin some heat :pimp: . What car is that with the ROUTE 66 plate? Almost thought the last pic was a lead sled

Back
Top Bottom