\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Took the Challenger for the annual State inspection & it failed, lol. My guy said the code was something about the car not communicating to the scanner. Called my builder & he said it might be the battery that threw a code since it's not used much. All the monitors were ready np but I still drove all the way out to end of Long Island. Took it back to get inspected & it passed just fine 🤷‍♂️. So weird. It was a nice cruise though. Put on 130 miles lol

Took the Challenger for the annual State inspection & it failed, lol. My guy said the code was something about the car not communicating to the scanner. Called my builder & he said it might be the battery that threw a code since it's not used much. All the monitors were ready np but I still drove all the way out to end of Long Island. Took it back to get inspected & it passed just fine 🤷‍♂️. So weird. It was a nice cruise though. Put on 130 miles lol

If your car recently had codes cleared, you typically need to drive 100-200 miles to get the OBD to give a read out.

Have spend the last 2 months and over $1000 trying to get my bmw e46 to pass emissions testing :sick: Thinking of getting a honda to not have to deal with so much maintenance but love the e46 chassis too much

If your car recently had codes cleared, you typically need to drive 100-200 miles to get the OBD to give a read out.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hadn't completed a full drive cycle. Had this issue with my Mustang GT when I threw a code due to the longtubes. Had to do the drive cycle to get all the monitors to reset. Some brands terms for their cycle are weird. Drive steady at xx mph for xx miles.

Have spend the last 2 months and over $1000 trying to get my bmw e46 to pass emissions testing :sick: Thinking of getting a honda to not have to deal with so much maintenance but love the e46 chassis too much
Over a g tryna get it to pass? Damn! Why is it failing?

At first had to replace all the o2 sensors, spark plugs, air pump and control valve but still getting codes for the secondary air injection system
Makes sense. Hopefully it passes soon. Do you know someone who'll overlook the stuff & pass your car? I know Cali is super tight on mods & emissions

Makes sense. Hopefully it passes soon. Do you know someone who'll overlook the stuff & pass your car? I know Cali is super tight on mods & emissions
Appreciate it and don't know anyone who will overlook it :frown: Live in CA and its def strict on emissions testing but hoping replacing the vacuum lines will fix the issue
I don’t miss giving my smog hookup $350 to $400 to pass my swapped Integra. I’d be mad if I spent a G and it still didn’t pass.
At this point might have to find someone to pass in its current condition cuz my car runs well since the SAP is only used on a cold start but the check engine light will not go away

Exactly why I got out of that BMW lifestyle, to expensive to maintain. I know it cost to be the boss, but damn. I am just find being the co-boss, the right hand man. I had a 05 Titan Gray 545 (hence the screen name) gorgeous car, but the radio went out. Started talking to my mechanic about getting that replaced he was like yeah you looking at about 8/9K to get that fixed. Engine started acting up and sometimes wouldn't start, when it was all said an done we were looking at about 15/16K to get everything fixed. Eventually dumped it on a dealer and took ownership of a brand new S5. Nice. Then 7 months and 4 days later kids street racing totaled my ****.:smh:

Don't ever plan on going back to German cars to expensive.

Yet I was just looking up old RS7's.:smh:

Appreciate it and don't know anyone who will overlook it :frown: Live in CA and its def strict on emissions testing but hoping replacing the vacuum lines will fix the issue

At this point might have to find someone to pass in its current condition cuz my car runs well since the SAP is only used on a cold start but the check engine light will not go away

Be careful man. I’m in Cali as well. I had my Integra up until ‘09. Luckily the guy who did my swap was the hookup. Make sure if you do go that route, they’re trustworthy. Yea, this state has really clamped down even more on emissions it seems.

Has to do w the secondary air injection system. Have replaced the air pump and control valve but still get the same codes. It most likely is a vacuum leak and will replace it this weekend
Possibly a dumb question, have you taken it to BMW to diagnose it? You sound mechanically inclined but at least have them tell you what needs to be fixed exactly.
I don’t miss giving my smog hookup $350 to $400 to pass my swapped Integra. I’d be mad if I spent a G and it still didn’t pass.
Speaking of Integra's coworker was looking for a white Integra. Came across this on Monday. Call me a glutton for punishment but for 1K, I would buy this and rebuild it from the ground up. I think the shell alone is worth a grand, guy said it runs but. :stoneface: . I would go in with the mindset it doesn't run and pull the motor.
IMG_1127.jpg IMG_1125.jpg IMG_1124.jpg IMG_1123.jpg

Exactly why I got out of that BMW lifestyle, to expensive to maintain. I know it cost to be the boss, but damn. I am just find being the co-boss, the right hand man. I had a 05 Titan Gray 545 (hence the screen name) gorgeous car, but the radio went out. Started talking to my mechanic about getting that replaced he was like yeah you looking at about 8/9K to get that fixed. Engine started acting up and sometimes wouldn't start, when it was all said an done we were looking at about 15/16K to get everything fixed. Eventually dumped it on a dealer and took ownership of a brand new S5. Nice. Then 7 months and 4 days later kids street racing totaled my ****.:smh:

It really is and don't mind spending the extra money too much but its such a hassle working a 9-5 and the only day I can take it to a shop on Saturdays.
Really would like to get an M3 eventually but thinking about all the maintenance that will be needed gives me anxiety :lol:
Possibly a dumb question, have you taken it to BMW to diagnose it? You sound mechanically inclined but at least have them tell you what needs to be fixed exactly.

Speaking of Integra's coworker was looking for a white Integra. Came across this on Monday. Call me a glutton for punishment but for 1K, I would buy this and rebuild it from the ground up. I think the shell alone is worth a grand, guy said it runs but. :stoneface: . I would go in with the mindset it doesn't run and pull the motor.
Will take it to a bmw dealership if after changing the vacuum lines still having issues cuz other than that, do not know what else could be causing the codes

Would be a fun little project. Finding certain stock parts like weather trimming and other misc components is scarce. I still somewhat follow the honda scene from a distance. People have gone on scavenger hunts with dealers all across buying up what they can for these cars and asking a kings ransom for them.

Would be a fun little project. Finding certain stock parts like weather trimming and other misc components is scarce. I still somewhat follow the honda scene from a distance. People have gone on scavenger hunts with dealers all across buying up what they can for these cars and asking a kings ransom for them.
Fail to see why dealers don't just get into the business of making the parts. It is easy money for a car you know people are always flipping. LIke Toyota you know the MK4 is a staple in the community start reproducing the stock parts. Can't hurt the bottom line that much. Mazda and the RX7 same thing.

8/9k for a radio fix? :wow:I know it's Beemer but Damn! Was the new unit going to be gold plated or something?

Has to do w the secondary air injection system. Have replaced the air pump and control valve but still get the same codes. It most likely is a vacuum leak and will replace it this weekend
That’s what’s wrong with this newest smog program. Failing on something that it shouldn’t have. Smog was/is always about emissions. If it sniffs clean, then it’s a pass. Once obd2 got in the mix, I believe it went down hill. . . (Or did it. . .):wink:

But here’s an idea. (I’ve done it in the past.)
Find someone with same make and year.
Swap plates, gauge cluster, and vin plate. (Door jam)
These newer smog techs don’t even cross reference the vin, so you might be good in that area.
They just scan the dmv paper, hook up the obd, and keep it moving.
Of course it varies from area to area.

I hope man is giving out prices in pesos cuz if not he better find a new mechanic :rofl:
Lmao for real. I mean, I know titang545 titang545 is a well-versed car guy, but I'm thinking what can possibly run up to 9g's for a radio fix? Maybe the problemo runs deeper beyond the radio 🤷‍♂️. And parts & labor are always on the rise.

This reminds me of when my dad took his CR-V to the dealership for an oil change. The tech told my dad he should also change the in-cabin air filter now that he's already here. He said it would cost $285 :lol: to change the air filter. My dad told em the car only has 2,500 miles on it wtf do I need to change the air filter with such low mileage? And even if he did, he could take 10 seconds of his time & do it by himself. These stealerships man :smh: . Stay trying to hustle people.

Back
Top Bottom