\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Pro tip:

Don’t buy a European unless you have a trustworthy mechanic lined up.

Don’t have one? Find one and build a relationship with one.

Most Euro mechanics start out at the dealer, get 10+ years experience and then move on to open their own independent shop. This is the kind of mechanic you want.

I always buy my mechanic a bottle of alcohol or wine when he does something for me. It’s about building that morale and providing a gesture in good faith.

In turn, he wont look at you like an unassuming walking ATM.

Lmao for real. I mean, I know titang545 titang545 is a well-versed car guy, but I'm thinking what can possibly run up to 9g's for a radio fix? Maybe the problemo runs deeper beyond the radio 🤷‍♂️. And parts & labor are always on the rise.

This reminds me of when my dad took his CR-V to the dealership for an oil change. The tech told my dad he should also change the in-cabin air filter now that he's already here. He said it would cost $285 :lol: to change the air filter. My dad told em the car only has 2,500 miles on it wtf do I need to change the air filter with such low mileage? And even if he did, he could take 10 seconds of his time & do it by himself. These stealerships man :smh: . Stay trying to hustle people.
Man I don't even know how the bill got up that high, nav/dash had to be replaced because it wouldn't turn on or connect to iconnect or whatever it was called at the time. iDrive. Some other stuff also, definitely wasn't happy about the total. If it was around 3/4K to get everything fixed cool. But he told me that number I was on my way out with the car.
11103131_10205043432898965_8689629652907532785_o.jpg

Pro tip:

Most Euro mechanics start out at the dealer, get 10+ years experience and then move on to open their own independent shop. This is the kind of mechanic you want.

I always buy my mechanic a bottle of alcohol or wine when he does something for me. It’s about building that morale and providing a gesture in good faith.

100% speaking the truth here! It's what we lucked out with where we live. An independent exotic repair shop 0.8 miles from our house. So close my wife can drop off the Gallardo (and eventually the SVR when warranty runs out next year) and actually walk home on a nice day. And the guy is VERY VERY GOOD! works on every high end euro brand (Lambo, Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Porsche, MB, BMW & Lotus). Basically every brand but McLaren (not many independents have their software available to them yet). Had a black Countach in a few weeks ago for a full engine out service. 🤤🤤 And was working on a 365 GTB Daytona which was STUNNING.

And he is also VERY highly regarded in the Lotus community. Works on so many Elise, Exige & Evoras with the occasional Esprit, and knows his bleep! So when my time comes, I got a good Lotus tech right here. Love it! 👍👍

Pro tip:

Yup this is the truth. When I bought my E36 in 2006 the first and maybe second repairs needed I took it to the BMW dealer. After I realized what crooks they were I started digging around to find an independent mechanic. My dad actually found a dude in a small town not too far away. If your car doesn't need something he'll tell you, doesn't try and find things to upcharge or unnecessary tack ons to increase the bill. He's the only mechanic I trust my car with to be honest. Buddy of mine has a Mercedes, he would ALWAYS take it to the dealer and they would fleece him every single time. But because their shop was fancy and they offered him free coffee he would rave about their service :rofl:
My mechanic doesn't care about showing off, very old school and very honest. Shop is small, outdated and a bit dingy, paperwork everywhere but the work he does is awesome and that's what counts.

I don't have the E36 anymore, but my E39 has to have some work done and I'm actually about to bring it to him pretty soon.

Man I don't even know how the bill got up that high, nav/dash had to be replaced because it wouldn't turn on or connect to iconnect or whatever it was called at the time. iDrive. Some other stuff also, definitely wasn't happy about the total. If it was around 3/4K to get everything fixed cool. But he told me that number I was on my way out with the car.

Definitely have some other mechanics look at it, I can't think of any reason an issue with the idrive or radio could warrant that kind of bill. If you have time you should ask on Bimmerforums on the E60 board with a list of your issues, very helpful community there. Car looks awesome though hope it gets fixed up man!

Definitely have some other mechanics look at it, I can't think of any reason an issue with the idrive or radio could warrant that kind of bill. If you have time you should ask on Bimmerforums on the E60 board with a list of your issues, very helpful community there. Car looks awesome though hope it gets fixed up man!
Shoot man that was like 2013 when I had my 545, traded that in for my S5. That got totaled then bought a Tundra. Speaking of my Tundra dropped her off for routine maintenance, and got a Tacoma as a loaner. I am looking at it from the outside checking it out, checking out the inside. Thinking it's nice. Pull out the garage and park up front, walk-in and look for a new Tundra. Nice they have one in the showroom, look at the salesman point to the truck and walk over to it. I'm looking around checking out the Tundra, still don't see the salesman. Meh perhaps he didn't realize I needed help. Walk over in his direction. Hey you guys have any Tundra's I can check out. Nope. Hmmm. Does anyone have a Tundra I can take a look at? Nope. Stop talking and just nod my head, walked out. The lady at the front desk yells out to me, it's sold.

Dude ain't even going to check local inventory or even take his hands out of his pockets. :smh: I get it the car was sold, but it is dirty. Can you open the door so I can look inside or at least roll down the window so I can look inside. Called my boy in disbelief, he said what you wearing. Dress shirt, slacks, and some chelsea boots. Will check out the dealer I bought my Tundra at, see if they are more receptive.

That's the V10 M5 joint? Love those eagle eye taillights.

Last edited:
Poor Joe Ingles. Lol dude was legit depressed when he found out the Jazz traded em. Harden to Philly & BK gets Simmons, Seth & Andre Drummond. Should be interesting.

Bud, I'm just so thrilled and happy that Simmons is gone! Not a Harden fan (but I like him more than Simmons) but it's my hometown team and I'll root for him. And with the way Jo is playing (keeps this up he's the sure fire MVP) then I can honestly see Philly going to the ECF and possibly to the Finals. And we got him without giving up either of the youth! 👏👏

Simmons is now the Nets problem. He isn't all of a sudden going to have a reawakening. He still can't shoot, won't shoot and his foul shots are BRUTAL! It's gonna be Hack-a-Ben in the 4th quarter anytime he's on the floor. Have fun Nets fans. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Shoot man that was like 2013 when I had my 545, traded that in for my S5. That got totaled then bought a Tundra. Speaking of my Tundra dropped her off for routine maintenance, and got a Tacoma as a loaner. I am looking at it from the outside checking it out, checking out the inside. Thinking it's nice. Pull out the garage and park up front, walk-in and look for a new Tundra. Nice they have one in the showroom, look at the salesman point to the truck and walk over to it. I'm looking around checking out the Tundra, still don't see the salesman. Meh perhaps he didn't realize I needed help. Walk over in his direction. Hey you guys have any Tundra's I can check out. Nope. Hmmm. Does anyone have a Tundra I can take a look at? Nope. Stop talking and just nod my head, walked out. The lady at the front desk yells out to me, it's sold.

Dude ain't even going to check local inventory or even take his hands out of his pockets. :smh: I get it the car was sold, but it is dirty. Can you open the door so I can look inside or at least roll down the window so I can look inside. Called my boy in disbelief, he said what you wearing. Dress shirt, slacks, and some chelsea boots. Will check out the dealer I bought my Tundra at, see if they are more receptive.

Crazy man, I swear the pandemic and how it's skewed availability and pricing has gone to some sellers head...Service is getting worse and prices going up.

That's the V10 M5 joint? Love those eagle eye taillights.

M5 will have quad exhaust and also the little grilles by the front fender.

BMW_E60_M5_(UK)_-_Rear.jpeg

I loved those e60’s. A lot of people hated them but I think they looked great.
Yeah I don't know what there isn't to like design wise, M or non-M. It was a great looking car when it came out & has aged pretty well. I didn't know the hate they've received till recently. I mean, there is the engine rod issues but for the most part it's a problem free vehicle I think.

Bud, I'm just so thrilled and happy that Simmons is gone! Not a Harden fan (but I like him more than Simmons) but it's my hometown team and I'll root for him. And with the way Jo is playing (keeps this up he's the sure fire MVP) then I can honestly see Philly going to the ECF and possibly to the Finals. And we got him without giving up either of the youth! 👏👏

Simmons is now the Nets problem. He isn't all of a sudden going to have a reawakening. He still can't shoot, won't shoot and his foul shots are BRUTAL! It's gonna be Hack-a-Ben in the 4th quarter anytime he's on the floor. Have fun Nets fans. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Yeah you & just about everybody in PA is happy he's gone lol. He didn't improve on his game & came up short in the Playoffs last year. Man can't shoot if his life depended on it. I'll miss Harden. I've always liked his game. Would've loved to see him, Kyrie & KD play more games together & make another deep playoff run but it wasn't meant to be. BK added some great size & quick shooting with Andre & Seth. Big Jo is looking great out there. We're all trusting the process. An ECF appearance is long overdo for Philly & Finals.

Totally agree...Simmons will continue being Simmons. A big liability outside the free-throw line. Lol his foul shots are brick city. Nets better start winning soon because they've lost 9 straight & are almost out from the top 8.

That swivel seat feature at the 1:30 mark 👏. I've never seen that in a car before. I didn't know they had this kind of speedometer way back in 1960. Car had some unique tech for sure. The steering wheel is a work of art

Exactly why I got out of that BMW lifestyle, to expensive to maintain.
This isn't a BMW problem. Dude is just firing the parts cannon hoping to hit a bullseye. Could've paid a fraction of what he spent by taking it to a reputable mechanic and having them diagnose the issue if he isn't capable of doing it himself.

Yeah I don't know what there isn't to like design wise, M or non-M. It was a great looking car when it came out & has aged pretty well. I didn't know the hate they've received till recently. I mean, there is the engine rod issues but for the most part it's a problem free vehicle I think.

hell nah. mine had nothing but electrical issues. same with my friend.

i am a fan of the f10 though. haven't really looked at the newest gen yet.

Pro tip:

Also, don't buy a European car if it's gonna be your only car. Gotta have a backup car for when it needs repairs.

Obviously doesn't apply to new cars because they have the factory warranty and you can get a loaner for free :lol:

Back
Top Bottom