\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I've been looking at teslas, but don't the true costs appear when it comes to repairs?

Engineering Explained ran over a pothole and it messed up one of his rims and one tire...Tesla charged like $2500 for the replacement :lol: That is for ONE!

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 1.50.40 PM.png

Last edited:
They just put a supercharging station about a mile from me. 70+ chargers. Sounds like I can charge 200 miles for 15 minutes? Seems good enough for me.

Tired of driving my suburban around town.

Damn 70 chargers? In LA the superchargers were like…maybe less than 15 or 10 in parking lots. 70 is wild. :lol:

But yeah I think we charged from 30-80% in about 20-25 min or so. We had an older Model X but the newer ones charge faster I believe.

Damn 70 chargers? In LA the superchargers were like…maybe less than 15 or 10 in parking lots. 70 is wild. :lol:

But yeah I think we charged from 30-80% in about 20-25 min or so. We had an older Model X but the newer ones charge faster I believe.
yeah, its supposed to be the biggest super charger site in So Cal.

Miura 50th Anni Aventador...That leather is looking NICE.

And that color contrast with the yellow exterior is :pimp:

2017_lamborghini_aventador-miura-50-edition_N5A0127-24435-scaled.jpeg

Ah, the Aventador Miura 50 edition on BaT! The leather color is called Terra Emilia and it's STUNNING! Years ago the local dealer (at the time, Kerbeck in NJ) had one on display at the Philly auto show but it was in Verde Scandal. Car was AMAZING!! Lots of people hates on this package, but I liked it. Lamborghini won't do retro designs but will do homages and I thought it looked good with the two tone paint. The Blue/Gold was also REALLY good looking.
IMG_20170205_114836.jpg
IMG_20170205_114901.jpg
IMG_20170205_114907.jpg

I'm waiting until that new tacoma drops, if they come with a diesel I'll cop and ride that ****er for 25 years. :lol:
New Tacoma? Didn't they just redesign it, are they redesigning it to match the new Tundra and Sequoia design? Did the Tacoma get a redesign during the old Tundra and another one coming?
Damn near $50 to fill ip my Accord the other day. FIFTY. :sick::smh:

Might need to Model Y it eventually yoo. Teslas are fire man, it all depends where you live and charging situation as well. Rented a Model X for a few days and it was great, no complaints. Im sure long term ownership is diff but once you get used to the charging and stuff I cant imagine it be anything more than a positive experience.
What are you putting in supreme, super? Also how big is your gas tank, what are gas prices? Using Flex Fuel in my Tundra then it came out to $60 from empty. I swear I wish I knew what causes the gas prices to fluctuate from state to state? Is it state taxes?

New Tacoma? Didn't they just redesign it, are they redesigning it to match the new Tundra and Sequoia design? Did the Tacoma get a redesign during the old Tundra and another one coming?

What are you putting in supreme, super? Also how big is your gas tank, what are gas prices? Using Flex Fuel in my Tundra then it came out to $60 from empty. I swear I wish I knew what causes the gas prices to fluctuate from state to state? Is it state taxes?

Regular, gas is what like $3.69 maybe here in NYC. 14.8 gallons so yeah if you do the math its about right.

Ah, the Aventador Miura 50 edition on BaT! The leather color is called Terra Emilia and it's STUNNING! Years ago the local dealer (at the time, Kerbeck in NJ) had one on display at the Philly auto show but it was in Verde Scandal. Car was AMAZING!! Lots of people hates on this package, but I liked it. Lamborghini won't do retro designs but will do homages and I thought it looked good with the two tone paint. The Blue/Gold was also REALLY good looking.
IMG_20170205_114836.jpg
IMG_20170205_114901.jpg
IMG_20170205_114907.jpg

I dont care what car it is, lime green/highlighter whatever is an auto fail. Wont even look twice at it.

I dont care what car it is, lime green/highlighter whatever is an auto fail. Wont even look twice at it.
😱 No love for Sublime & shades of it? I find Sublime to be the GOAT high-impact hue. If I weren't obsessed with black so much I'd have gotten my Scat in Sublime. Sometimes I think I really should have gotten it painted that color. Only seen less than a handful of Mopars painted that color. That lime Lambo is 🔥 to me. The color does it's lines justice imo.

I heard they are going to update it with a couple new motors. A turbo 4 and a hybrid and maybe a diesel but I wouldn’t hold my breath on the diesel.

Would be dope though, just give us a hilux.

😱 No love for Sublime & shades of it? I find Sublime to be the GOAT high-impact hue. If I weren't obsessed with black so much I'd have gotten my Scat in Sublime. Sometimes I think I really should have gotten it painted that color. Only seen less than a handful of Mopars painted that color. That lime Lambo is 🔥 to me. The color does it's lines justice imo.

Ew never bro. :lol:

Waste of a “car” IMO.

after market wheels, correct?

I put in an order for the Model Y last week because I need to get into the Electric game and tired of paying $140 to fill up my tank each week.

Are you happy with the Tesla? Kind of hesitating on committing to the Y.

OEM 20” wheels.

Tesla is great. I just sold my X yesterday, so now I’m down to two. I love the 3 and may sell it for the Y now that I no longer have an SUV.

New model S is goat status.

792E4C7A-6B6A-4F87-AB42-274DE53DA8CD.jpeg

3D5289E6-B86E-4CE3-9A5F-CE204A672B8B.jpeg

A6E26E9B-1B23-45CA-A27C-19331D09F09D.jpeg

Anyone considering a Tesla, I have not had any issues that warranty didn’t cover. But it is a MUST that you have charging at home don’t rely on Supercharging. It can be cheap to supercharge but the prices fluctuate and it’s a nuisance to sit there for 30 mins.

I pretty much pay an extra 100 bucks a month total on my electric bill. If I had solar that would be best, but I haven’t gotten around to footing that bill yet :lol::lol:

I've been looking at teslas, but don't the true costs appear when it comes to repairs?

I haven’t had any repairs that the warranty didn’t cover. But I’ve definitely heard nightmares from people outside of warranty that had to pay 3k or more for certain things.

Realistically, it could happen. I think nowadays Model 3s are super solid and with so many out there the parts production is massive. Anything and everything can be found on the cheap. China is making bumpers for 250 bucks.

Alibaba probably has enough parts for you to assemble one in the garage.

That being said, for every horror story, there’s another Tesla with a million miles on it that’s trouble free. The 8 year power train warranty should be all you need.

I swear I wish I knew what causes the gas prices to fluctuate from state to state? Is it state taxes?
State and local taxes on top of the cost per gal. When gas is produced and sent to distributors, it is set at wholesale prices.

Another “fee” imposed on us, especially on the west coast is the specific “blend” we have to use. (Thank you politicians.) We are on a island. We can only use this west coast blend and nothing else. No outside refiners can truck their fuel into the west. (But west coast refineries can truck out.)

Another thing that’s funny. The politicians, analysts and media always point the finger towards oil companies “price gouging” the consumer. When in fact it’s the taxes that make the price per gal so high.

Sure, crude oil prices effect the pump price. But it’s all those damn taxes! (Especially in California.) :smh:

OEM 20” wheels.

Tesla is great. I just sold my X yesterday, so now I’m down to two. I love the 3 and may sell it for the Y now that I no longer have an SUV.

New model S is goat status.

3D5289E6-B86E-4CE3-9A5F-CE204A672B8B.jpeg
I would love to get a Tesla but jumping on the bandwagon so late deters me. Would love to have something with autopilot for long drives to Florida or the Carolinas. Get strapped in lock in some Netflix and just fake driving for 12 hours.

I think I would actually lease one looking at the prices, get a Model S with nav. Only use would be trips so wouldn't go over yearly mileage.. Hmmm might look into that next year. Change out the wheels and tires and keep them in the garage for when it's time to turn it in.

Last edited:

Sorry you feel that way. I feel like exotic cars like a Lamborghini should be a crazy bright color. Lime green was always my dream color growing up. It's changed to their color Verde Artemis (which is a jade green/blue shift color. But any bright crazy color. My wife would LOVE the new Viola Bast color (pinky purple). But truthfully, these cars look better in these "highlighter" colors (green, yellow, orange, etc) you say then say all black. What color do you like, out of curiosity? 👍

Another thing that’s funny. The politicians, analysts and media always point the finger towards oil companies “price gouging” the consumer. When in fact it’s the taxes that make the price per gal so high.

Sure, crude oil prices effect the pump price. But it’s all those damn taxes! (Especially in California.) :smh:

It's not just taxes that have made gas so much more this year. Seen the report from Dan Price on Twitter? ExxonMobil, BP, Shell & Chevron have made more money last quarter than they have in the last 7-8 years! It could be a lot cheaper if they weren't so hell-bent on making obscene amounts of money at our expense.

Screenshot_20220220-212818.png

Back
Top Bottom