\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

:lol:
Another “analyst” from the outside looking in.
Sure, profits look like the “highest” ever in years.
But does he see the bigger picture? Or just the bottom line?

How do you have record profits, when no one was driving during the pandemic? And now a lot of folks are telecommuting with modified work schedules. . .

I would love to get a Tesla but jumping on the bandwagon so late deters me. Would love to have something with autopilot for long drives to Florida or the Carolinas. Get strapped in lock in some Netflix and just fake driving for 12 hours.

I think I would actually lease one looking at the prices, get a Model S with nav. Only use would be trips so wouldn't go over yearly mileage.. Hmmm might look into that next year. Change out the wheels and tires and keep them in the garage for when it's time to turn it in.
I just drove from LA to AZ in a rental Audi Q5 and I couldn’t stand not having Autopilot.

autopilot is a game changer. Especially on long drives.

I dont care what car it is, lime green/highlighter whatever is an auto fail. Wont even look twice at it.

Sorry you feel that way. I feel like exotic cars like a Lamborghini should be a crazy bright color. Lime green was always my dream color growing up. It's changed to their color Verde Artemis (which is a jade green/blue shift color. But any bright crazy color. My wife would LOVE the new Viola Bast color (pinky purple). But truthfully, these cars look better in these "highlighter" colors (green, yellow, orange, etc) you say then say all black. What color do you like, out of curiosity? 👍

These cars definitely look sharp in the "highlighter" colors. I don't think they look ugly, depending on the car it can really suit it. Personally I don't know if I'd ever want to own one in that color, but I do prefer a more "unique" color.

What do y'all think of this one here? I feel like this is a nice mix between being a unique, bright color...but it's also kind of subtle. I really dig it.

dsc_7340_0-1000x682.jpeg

:lol:
Another “analyst” from the outside looking in.
Sure, profits look like the “highest” ever in years.
But does he see the bigger picture? Or just the bottom line?

How do you have record profits, when no one was driving during the pandemic? And now a lot of folks are telecommuting with modified work schedules. . .

Hey, I just saw it and posted it. I have no dog in some people's fight about gas prices. Some people complain and complain. Others (like me) just pay it as it's as necessary as other everyday items & move on with the day. It's funny those who complain drive vehicles that get crappy mpg too.

These cars definitely look sharp in the "highlighter" colors. I don't think they look ugly, depending on the car it can really suit it. Personally I don't know if I'd ever want to own one in that color, but I do prefer a more "unique" color.

What do y'all think of this one here? I feel like this is a nice mix between being a unique, bright color...but it's also kind of subtle. I really dig it.

dsc_7340_0-1000x682.jpeg

I REALLY love that!! Do you know what it's called? Being in auto sales as long as I was, I got REALLY into the names of colors and knowing all the different colors from different car companies. I'm a HUGE fan of a few Porsche colors. Mint, Rubystar (new version of Rubystone) and Ipanema Blue. And I'm a sucker for Gulfstream Aqua from the late 60s Mustang and any nice green. Ford has one for 2023 called Eruption Green. Really sharp. It's why when the time comes that I can finally buy my dream Lotus Evora, I can find either Aubergine Purple, British Racing Green (with tan), Sky Blue (with orange accents) or Essex Blue! I only hope the stars align for me to do it in time. 🙏

Sorry you feel that way. I feel like exotic cars like a Lamborghini should be a crazy bright color. Lime green was always my dream color growing up. It's changed to their color Verde Artemis (which is a jade green/blue shift color. But any bright crazy color. My wife would LOVE the new Viola Bast color (pinky purple). But truthfully, these cars look better in these "highlighter" colors (green, yellow, orange, etc) you say then say all black. What color do you like, out of curiosity? 👍

This all subjective obv, while yeah colors like orange look good on Lambos but were talking highlighter yellow or like green. Yuck.

Blacked out looks tough, white is always a no brainer, gray. Im basic with my colors but these are the most popular ones for a reason.

I REALLY love that!! Do you know what it's called? Being in auto sales as long as I was, I got REALLY into the names of colors and knowing all the different colors from different car companies. I'm a HUGE fan of a few Porsche colors. Mint, Rubystar (new version of Rubystone) and Ipanema Blue. And I'm a sucker for Gulfstream Aqua from the late 60s Mustang and any nice green. Ford has one for 2023 called Eruption Green. Really sharp. It's why when the time comes that I can finally buy my dream Lotus Evora, I can find either Aubergine Purple, British Racing Green (with tan), Sky Blue (with orange accents) or Essex Blue! I only hope the stars align for me to do it in time. 🙏

Yeah I looked it up and that one is called Light Green Metallic. It looks like it's a paint to sample of an older color that seems was originally on Porsches from 1978-1980. Here's the original. Not exactly the same, but IMO the 996 one looks better.

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 11.41.16 PM.png

and on 996

100713094_10157646763743495_7800782180115808256_n.jpeg

I think Porsche probably has the best color catalogue out of all the automakers, especially their greens and blues...They have so many amazing colors it's crazy, anytime you think you've seen them all, a new one pops up. All those colors you mentioned are great, but if I had to choose one it'd be Ipanema for sure. Also saw this one in a Porsche PTS forum, Wimbledon Green.

964-Turbo-in-Wimbledon-green.jpeg

Really hope you can get an Evora, they are really sharp looking and probably one of the last true drivers cars. I hadn't heard of Essex blue or Sky blue so I just looked them up. Never knew these colors were available on them, I've only seen Evoras in silver/grey and I think white lol. Sky blue looks awesome, very Gulf look but it really works with the Evora's shape. Sky blue Evora next to your wife's blue Jag would be a pretty cool British themed photo shoot lol.

New-2021-Lotus-Evora-GT-1622013497.jpeg

Verde Ithaca was 🔥 on the Murci.
Love the Viola Parsifae on the Huracan.

everyone caving in and getting Tesla’s 🥺…. I refuse to let go of my stinky 91 gas car, who’s also loud and bad for the streets. I just imagine life looking like I robot movie, car wise on the street when everyone owning EV cars
092B8C0B-6A11-4D5F-AA4D-7182A1E400C6.jpeg

Lol come to the dark side.

Teslas can be fun too. Also so many more pros than cons in owning an EV.

At this point my car detailer drives my 911 more than I do. I should probably drive it next weekend.

This all subjective obv, while yeah colors like orange look good on Lambos but were talking highlighter yellow or like green. Yuck.

Blacked out looks tough, white is always a no brainer, gray. Im basic with my colors but these are the most popular ones for a reason.

Definitely all subjective. It was fun as yellow was the only choice my wife wanted for her Lamborghini and she found the exact color (Gallo Midas triple pearl) with 7500 miles via a private owner. And seeing that color in the sun, Lamborghini knows how to make pearl and metallic colors.

I just can't do black cars. Hides toj much of the lines and I'm too OCD with keeping my car nice, and that's a medium royal blue. Black would make me go crazy. I also feel the same with matte colors.

New-2021-Lotus-Evora-GT-1622013497.jpeg

Really hope you can get an Evora, they are really sharp looking and probably one of the last true drivers cars. I hadn't heard of Essex blue or Sky blue so I just looked them up. Never knew these colors were available on them, I've only seen Evoras in silver/grey and I think white lol. Sky blue looks awesome, very Gulf look but it really works with the Evora's shape. Sky blue Evora next to your wife's blue Jag would be a pretty cool British themed photo shoot lol.

It's so funny you posted this photo. I actually have this car and several angles of it saved on my phone. It was for sale last year (October-ish) neat me at Summit Lotus in North Jersey. It's basically a Gulf Racing color and that's why I LOVE LOVE LOVE this (I LOVE Gulf Racing and have loads of clothes, have the Tag Formula One watch and even my driving shoes are officially licensed Gulf Racing). Even though blue is my favorite, there is just something about THIS!!
download (27).jpeg
download (28).jpeg

Aubergine Purple is INSANE!! 🤤🤤 Just look at the metal flake! Totally crazy! So unique and different.
And here's Essex Blue! With black/red seats! 🔥

download (6).jpeg
download (7).jpeg
download (5).jpeg
download (8).jpeg

Those carbon backed seats are STUNNING! And the ONE thing all 3 of these cars share that are a MUST for me...silver wheels! Can't do all black wheels. A dark grey, sure, but NOT black. Doesn't show off the color as much without silver wheels. Black wheels just get lost in the wheel wells. I'd go purple, gulf, Essex as my order if all came up at once (and that's saying something as I LOVE Gulf and I'm sure I would probably change and make it #1 eventually. My hope is both don't pop up once I'm ready so I don't have to decide. 🙏🙏)

michael ballack michael ballack Also forgot to mention in regards to not knowing they offered those colors. Lotus had a bespoke option for some paint choices. They maxed out at $8700 I believe and the next lower was in the $5K range. Not bad all things considered. And they have a HUGE portfolio of choices. There are a few Verde Ithaca GTs, some in Porsche PTS Viper Green and Signal Green, and a few others.

Someone asked about the new Emira and getting bespoke colors. It's rumored to be available for the 2024 MY cars. That would be an idea, to wait for one of those as that may be when I'm ready anyhow. 🤔 But the Evora GT is just so perfect with very little in terms of amenities. I love them both. But the thought of a custom color Emira (GT?) IS enticing.

everyone caving in and getting Tesla’s 🥺…. I refuse to let go of my stinky 91 gas car, who’s also loud and bad for the streets. I just imagine life looking like I robot movie, car wise on the street when everyone owning EV cars
092B8C0B-6A11-4D5F-AA4D-7182A1E400C6.jpeg
You have 91 technology, hell you are better than me in my 87 Supra. LOL. Only benefit I could see in getting Tesla is the autopilot. I plan on keeping all my gas cars, there stick. No telling when manufacturers will bring them back.

It's so funny you posted this photo. I actually have this car and several angles of it saved on my phone. It was for sale last year (October-ish) neat me at Summit Lotus in North Jersey. It's basically a Gulf Racing color and that's why I LOVE LOVE LOVE this (I LOVE Gulf Racing and have loads of clothes, have the Tag Formula One watch and even my driving shoes are officially licensed Gulf Racing). Even though blue is my favorite, there is just something about THIS!!
download (27).jpeg
download (28).jpeg

Aubergine Purple is INSANE!! 🤤🤤 Just look at the metal flake! Totally crazy! So unique and different.
And here's Essex Blue! With black/red seats! 🔥

download (6).jpeg
download (7).jpeg
download (5).jpeg
download (8).jpeg

Those carbon backed seats are STUNNING! And the ONE thing all 3 of these cars share that are a MUST for me...silver wheels! Can't do all black wheels. A dark grey, sure, but NOT black. Doesn't show off the color as much without silver wheels. Black wheels just get lost in the wheel wells. I'd go purple, gulf, Essex as my order if all came up at once (and that's saying something as I LOVE Gulf and I'm sure I would probably change and make it #1 eventually. My hope is both don't pop up once I'm ready so I don't have to decide. 🙏🙏)

Oof, that purple is RIDICULOUS. Definitely go for that. The Sky is cool, but man that purple is out of this world. I love cars with metallic flaking, the color transforms and shifts so much depending on the light. My car's current color is kind of rare in this configuration, and it does have metallic flaking so shifts a lot between an almost blackish blue, to a dark blue, to a blue with slight hints of purple flaking. I like my color, but If I ever had to repaint my car, a metallic green or a metallic purple would definitely be at the top of my list. E39 also look good in red, very sharp.

Had a better pic that showed off the metallic flake, but can't find the damn thing!
My car.
406A7641-3941-443F-97D6-E0472D2CD0A5.jpeg

01588E0F-F16B-4709-84F1-D28BA9D0C1A1.jpeg

9155247F-B4E4-48CF-8ED0-98CCE7DDF7C9.jpeg
CA5692B2-127A-4928-8A1E-EC3D639303AF.jpeg

Verde Ithaca was 🔥 on the Murci.
Love the Viola Parsifae on the Huracan.

Ohhh man I totally forgot about that, Verde Ithaca was GREAT on the Murcielago...Probably the best of the green Lambos. The Murcielago in general had some amazing colors. Something about the colors and the shape just WORKS.

Viola Ophelia and Verde Artemis...Absolute top tier. Even the greys, whites, and oranges on the Murci looked extra special. I love the Diablo, but if I had to pick one Lamborghini to live with, it might have to be the Murcielago...

3250655491_9fa3032114_b.jpeg

l1-1609255450.jpeg

Viola Parsifie was a little too much for me, the shade wasn't really my cup of tea. But the Lamborghini Diablo Jota was definitely a poster car for me as a kid. Absolutely iconic, bucket list car for me.

1_54.jpeg

michael ballack michael ballack Also forgot to mention in regards to not knowing they offered those colors. Lotus had a bespoke option for some paint choices. They maxed out at $8700 I believe and the next lower was in the $5K range. Not bad all things considered. And they have a HUGE portfolio of choices. There are a few Verde Ithaca GTs, some in Porsche PTS Viper Green and Signal Green, and a few others.

Someone asked about the new Emira and getting bespoke colors. It's rumored to be available for the 2024 MY cars. That would be an idea, to wait for one of those as that may be when I'm ready anyhow. 🤔 But the Evora GT is just so perfect with very little in terms of amenities. I love them both. But the thought of a custom color Emira (GT?) IS enticing.

IMO go for an Evora over the Emira...Especially if you can find one in one of the bespoke colors. That's pretty cool that they offered a ton of colors, I wish I could see some on the road! I haven't even seen a British Racing Green one on the street!

Oof, that purple is RIDICULOUS. Definitely go for that. The Sky is cool, but man that purple is out of this world. I love cars with metallic flaking, the color transforms and shifts so much depending on the light. My car's current color is kind of rare in this configuration, and it does have metallic flaking so shifts a lot between an almost blackish blue, to a dark blue, to a blue with slight hints of purple flaking. I like my color, but If I ever had to repaint my car, a metallic green or a metallic purple would definitely be at the top of my list. E39 also look good in red, very sharp.

Had a better pic that showed off the metallic flake, but can't find the damn thing!
My car.
406A7641-3941-443F-97D6-E0472D2CD0A5.jpeg

01588E0F-F16B-4709-84F1-D28BA9D0C1A1.jpeg

9155247F-B4E4-48CF-8ED0-98CCE7DDF7C9.jpeg
CA5692B2-127A-4928-8A1E-EC3D639303AF.jpeg

Ohhh man I totally forgot about that, Verde Ithaca was GREAT on the Murcielago...Probably the best of the green Lambos. The Murcielago in general had some amazing colors. Something about the colors and the shape just WORKS.

Viola Ophelia and Verde Artemis...Absolute top tier. Even the greys, whites, and oranges on the Murci looked extra special. I love the Diablo, but if I had to pick one Lamborghini to live with, it might have to be the Murcielago...

3250655491_9fa3032114_b.jpeg

l1-1609255450.jpeg

Viola Parsifie was a little too much for me, the shade wasn't really my cup of tea. But the Lamborghini Diablo Jota was definitely a poster car for me as a kid. Absolutely iconic, bucket list car for me.

1_54.jpeg

IMO go for an Evora over the Emira...Especially if you can find one in one of the bespoke colors. That's pretty cool that they offered a ton of colors, I wish I could see some on the road! I haven't even seen a British Racing Green one on the street!

Your car is beautiful buddy. Your so right how the color flips from a blue to a true purple it's really cool. And I always say the E39 was the best looking 5 series they made! Such a stunner!! And you take great care of it! 👍👍

Thank you for posting my #1 all-time favorite Lamborghini color, Verde Artemis! 40th Anniversary color, and in person it does NOT look like that. Totally different verses a photo. It goes from a jade green to a teal blue, it's insane in person! Local dealer had one back in 2003 and I saw it up close and it was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥. If that was available on an Emira for bespoke color, that would be VERY hard to turn down. It's just having more amenities in that car (power seats, all the safety systems, etc) kind of take away what made Lotus Lotus.

And yeah, I would do EVERYTHING I could to find a Aubergine Purple Evora. It is stunning isn't it?!! There was a 2017 400 for sale privately in this color. 24K on the clock and it sold for $72k 😳DAMN IT!! 😢😢 I can't wait to get off disability and find a new job to work my tail off to save up for one. Having Crohn's sucks (but thankfully after over 2 years, I'm finally feeling pretty good). Had I worked the last several years, I'd have bought that car for that price, but would have been far too sick to enjoy it (I was in REAL BAD SHAPE). Here's a few pics of it.
1 (5).jpg
4 (2).jpg

Crazy to think this sat for 3 weeks on LotusTalk in their classified section! 😳😳 3 WEEKS!! This car should have been snagged 3 minutes after the posting! It's incredible!! And it would be SO MUCH FUN to drive that around! A car NO ONE would have a copy of locally. What a machine. Sucks to dream still but dreams do eventually become reality, right? That's what I keep telling myself. It would be so cool to have this parked next to my wife's Lamborghini in the garage! 🙏🙏 Gotta find something to do work wise that will be a good fit (and my days of selling cars are LONG OVER).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom