\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

05fordgt 05fordgt why the hell is your wife owning all the expensive whips? You gotta “borrow“ some of her money without her knowing and get you a Lotus!

I'm not living off her success that's why. She does very well for herself and I'm incredibly proud. Sorry I won't do that. Some guys may feel it's okay for them to do that, NOT ME. I'm not wired that way. She has her $$ & I have mine. Plus I'm not working yet. Once I go back, get off (paid) disability, then I can start my goal for the car.q

EDIT: I reread your post and find it horrible for you to insinuate I should "borrow money without her finding out?" Dude, SERIOUSLY?!!! What is wrong with you? Kidding or not, that's wrong on SO MANY LEVELS! 👎👎👎👎

Last edited:
I’ve loved purple since I first saw a techno violet e36.

These two tho…
41B2DFC0-FBC8-4A4B-A2F3-22690378F234.jpeg 2DAFA54A-E1ED-45AF-840A-35D32D3891F5.jpeg

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! 🔥🔥👍👍👏👏

I heard they are going to update it with a couple new motors. A turbo 4 and a hybrid and maybe a diesel but I wouldn’t hold my breath on the diesel.

Would be dope though, just give us a hilux.
It’s suppose to be a total redesign of the Tacoma and 4Runner for the 2023 model year. I’m definitely going to get the new generation 4Runner(after I purchase a house, of course)

Nothing wrong with being married to someone that does well. Don’t let people make you feel bad about it.

I never do. If someone makes a snide comment about me owning a 16 year old Mustang when they see she has a Lamborghini (if we have both cars out together), I don't ignore them (that's rude) I just put them in their place about why I own that car (my gift to myself for surviving my liver transplant, which I had 2 weeks left to live had I not gotten the call. They usually feel like a total jackass after hearing that) and why I still have it and why it's special to me.

When we're out in one of her cars and someone directs a "nice car" compliment towards me (they always assume the guy owns the car, which in this day and age, is silly to assume, especially when SHE is getting out of the driver's seat) I INSTANTLY & IMMEDIATELY correct them and say "Thanks, but tell my wife's it's her car". They are usually shocked to hear me say that. Again, I guess most men can't understand a woman owning a Lamborghini? 🤔 Just gets to me how neanderthal some people are, knowing how hard she works & that women can have successful careers.

Last edited:
Egos and Pride is something else. :lol:

That's the one thing I DON'T have, is an ego, trust me. When you go through a near death experience (or in my case a few) it changes your entire thought process. And you realize every day is a new day and tomorrow is guaranteed to no one! Live for today not 20-30 years or whatever down the road.

Last edited:
I never do. If someone makes a snide comment about me owning a 16 year old Mustang when they see she has a Lamborghini (if we have both cars out together), I don't ignore them (that's rude) I just put them in their place about why I own that car (my gift to myself for surviving my liver transplant, which I had 2 weeks left to live had I not gotten the call. They usually feel like a total jackass after hearing that) and why I still have it and why it's special to me.

When we're out in one of her cars and someone directs a "nice car" compliment towards me (they always assume the guy owns the car, which in this day and age, is silly to assume, especially when SHE is getting out of the driver's seat) I INSTANTLY & IMMEDIATELY correct them and say "Thanks, but tell my wife's it's her car". They are usually shocked to hear me say that. Again, I guess most men can't understand a woman owning a Lamborghini? 🤔 Just gets to me how neanderthal some people are, knowing how hard she works & that women can have successful careers.

my wife has always made more than me, has a nicer car and gets who ride Ducatis all day for work.

it's fine, doesn't hurt my ego.

my wife has always made more than me, has a nicer car and gets who ride Ducatis all day for work.

it's fine, doesn't hurt my ego.

Great bud. I don't get it when some men are so upset their wives make more than them. I really don't. So pathetic that it bothers some so much. Not me and it never will bother me.

Women that are legitimately into cars are a rarer breed, I’m always pleasantly surprised to come across one and talk shop.

And if she’s pretty, I almost forget my name and what car I drive.

Kinda like when icebox joined the little giants.

for anyone thinking about going tesla/EV and are worried about limited access to a supercharger, getting an at home charger will make life a lot better and easier. there's no need to get an overpriced, branded-charger either —getting a simple NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet installed is more than sufficient. it charges at about 25-30 mi/hour and hasn't been an issue for me.

just crossed 10k on my odometer and have done 90% of my charging at home. the only reason it's not 100% is because i had 1,000 free miles to burn thru from tesla.

How much do those nema 14-50 & 6-50 cost with certified electricians btw. If I remember back then it was like $150-$200 at most for the expensive chargers.

If I had an EV an at home charger would be a must

I just bought a splitvolt and use my dryer outlet. I use a nema adapter and the mobile charger that came with the car. It took 10 minutes to mount and was about $300.

How much do those nema 14-50 & 6-50 cost with certified electricians btw. If I remember back then it was like $150-$200 at most for the expensive chargers.

If I had an EV an at home charger would be a must

cost might be region-specific. in the CA bay area in 2021 they charged me $950 to install the NEMA 14-50. I have a detached garage so the electrician had to do some work underground which ended up adding to the overall cost.

quotes were all over the place though, they ranged from $950 to $2500.

yep i like that you support ur wife with that.

Guys I have a question. I know the market for cars is bonkers but I found a truck I kinda like

its a 2011 raptor and its over 100k miles but the dude has owned it forever and had the motor trans and rear end replaced and those were swapped in at the same time and have 40k miles on them

The dude posted it for 55k and i messaged him asking some questions and said that 55k is too much and that i'm interested if the price is lowered maybe into the 40s. he messaged me back saying he's willing to come down to 48k

should i try to get it for 45k or 40k?
or just let it go and wait

i remember when one of these could be had for 35-40k all day lol

not sure if i wanna pay that much for a 10 year old truck, i do like that it has aftermarket suspension and 39 inch tires.

:lol:

IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0770.jpg

Guys I have a question. I know the market for cars is bonkers but I found a truck I kinda like

its a 2011 raptor and its over 100k miles but the dude has owned it forever and had the motor trans and rear end replaced and those were swapped in at the same time and have 40k miles on them

The dude posted it for 55k and i messaged him asking some questions and said that 55k is too much and that i'm interested if the price is lowered maybe into the 40s. he messaged me back saying he's willing to come down to 48k

not sure if i wanna pay that much for a 10 year old truck, i do like that it has aftermarket suspension and 39 inch tires.

IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0770.jpg
Too much bro. I would just be patient. You’ll find a better raptor down the road. Just need to let the market cool a little.

IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0770.jpg

I wouldn’t pay that. looks dated and even a bit abused.

I see a ton on CarMax though, any reason why you wouldn’t want one off CarMax? They sell ext warranty policies for any car they sell.

IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0770.jpg

You can still find them for around $30k with over 100k miles. Seen some built (suspension) and whippled 550hp+ for around what he’s asking.

Back
Top Bottom