\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

D4159E6F-5174-42BD-A65F-073844F3202D.png

Also, my bro 05fordgt 05fordgt advised me to call up some exotic dealers in my area & see if they do PPF. So I called McLaren Long Island & they responded after 2 days just to tell me they don't do it. Lamborghini Long Island forwarded me to the parts dept which after 4 rings sent me to voicemail. Needless to say they never called me back.

And Lamborghini Manhattan asked me for what car & I told em Dodge Challenger & the guy responded in a smug condescending tone "this is a Lambo, Porsche & Bentley motor house. NO we do not do this stuff" :lol:. I should've asked his ***** *** what car he personally drives since he's so posh & his **** don't stink.

It's my dream car & yeah I'm keeping it forever which is one of the biggest reasons I'm getting this done. Honestly I should've done it right as soon as I bought it in 2016 as that's the best time to do it being it was brand spankin new factory fresh single digit miles then. And yeah like you said it's black. It is the best & the worst color all at the same time :lol: I've learned that owning & detailing this car over the years.

Is that for your classic Beemer? I would do it but yeah the cost of the car vs the cost of the process lol I get it. You plan on keeping it forever? One day I was detailing & saw a f'ing rock chip next to the right side hood pin towards the front of the hood. My heart sank man she's my baby. I was so sad & pist off. Imagine spending all that $ buying it, ceramic coating it & keeping it squeaky clean only to have a rock hit it. Also have a tiny little dent on the right side door the size of a sand grain. So before this **** happens more & more on my car I want it PPF'd & not have to stress.

Yup my first car was black and when it looked clean it was a top tier color...But man the swirls and upkeep on it drove my crazy, totally understand wanting to PPF and keep it fresh.

Yeah for the E39 is what I was thinking of doing PPF on. My car is a very dark blue, almost black, plus I am pretty OCD so I notice small little dings and chips very easily. I've tried to tell myself that it's nearly a 25 year old car and while it is relatively low mileage it wasn't a show car or anything, so things are bound to show up.

I do plan to keep it forever...My longterm plan is to drive it until it gives out, then do an LS swap and a color change. If it ever comes to that then I would definitely PPF after a fresh repaint.
Until then I'm probably going to leave it fairly stock, but I should probably do a ceramic coating eventually.

Time for me to learn how to change my own brake pads and stop being lazy lol… just paid $150 to change my rear pads :sick:… I’ll be Searching YouTube all weekend coming up to learn.

But love these sport ones so far, I’ll make sure to upgrade my front from the street to the sport next time as well.
It's not that hard as long as you have the tools. Might need a breaker bar or extension pipe for frozen bolts

It's not that hard as long as you have the tools. Might need a breaker bar or extension pipe for frozen bolts
On top of that get a small block of wood and a nice sized c clamp.

Brakes are the easiest things to do on a vehicle but make sure you go slowly so you dont miss anything and youll be find. Make sure to lube those caliper mount bolts so they wont seize up .

Time for me to learn how to change my own brake pads and stop being lazy lol… just paid $150 to change my rear pads :sick:… I’ll be Searching YouTube all weekend coming up to learn.

But love these sport ones so far, I’ll make sure to upgrade my front from the street to the sport next time as well.
I’m still on stock pads but heard a lot of good things about the stoptech sports probably gonna do this when I get around to it

Reset the search engines and reset your memory—the record for the most expensive car ever sold is believed to have been smashed, without a Ferrari in sight.
Rumors from multiple Hagerty sources suggest that Mercedes-Benz, the company that brought us the first motor car—Carl Benz’s Patent-Motorwagen of 1886—has sold one of its treasured Silver Arrow racing cars for 135 million euros (£115 million; $142M).
If confirmed, it would mean that the allure of one of the German marque’s most significant racing cars has powered nearly three times the value of the Ferrari 250 GTO that sold at Monterey in 2018, and more than twice the rumored $70M (£52M) paid for another GTO private sale in 2018.

This was Detailer's Domain in Norwood, NJ- too far & too much for me. Yeah I agree I got a good deal. The master detailer has over 30 years of experience in the detailing biz & his guys have been with em for like 15 years so a lot of experience in between them.

They don't rush & aren't worried about turnaround time. They prefer to work nice & slow with focus on accuracy regardless of the project which is great because last thing I need is a rushed halfass job. He was straight forward & told me to forget the car for at least 2 weeks. It would've been $5,400 for the PPF but I decided to add a few panels like the shaker, door sills, front splitter so it drove the price up a bit. Dynamic Tint is in Jersey too- that's where you went for your Tesla? How's the film holding up btw?
Everything is holding up well.

Dynamic Tint actually just called my parents and asked if they can put their Model X (Xpel Stealth PPF) in some new jersey motor show this weekend so i thought that was cool

Also, my bro 05fordgt 05fordgt advised me to call up some exotic dealers in my area & see if they do PPF. So I called McLaren Long Island & they responded after 2 days just to tell me they don't do it. Lamborghini Long Island forwarded me to the parts dept which after 4 rings sent me to voicemail. Needless to say they never called me back.

And Lamborghini Manhattan asked me for what car & I told em Dodge Challenger & the guy responded in a smug condescending tone "this is a Lambo, Porsche & Bentley motor house. NO we do not do this stuff" :lol:. I should've asked his ***** *** what car he personally drives since he's so posh & his **** don't stink.

Glad I could help in any way buddy. I'm always up to answer a question from anyone who has them in regards to cars in general or especially buying them. Being in the business for those 23 years, I learned A LOT! 👍

Lmfao quite literally the perfect gif to sum it up :lol:
Yup my first car was black and when it looked clean it was a top tier color...But man the swirls and upkeep on it drove my crazy, totally understand wanting to PPF and keep it fresh.

Yeah for the E39 is what I was thinking of doing PPF on. My car is a very dark blue, almost black, plus I am pretty OCD so I notice small little dings and chips very easily. I've tried to tell myself that it's nearly a 25 year old car and while it is relatively low mileage it wasn't a show car or anything, so things are bound to show up.

I do plan to keep it forever...My longterm plan is to drive it until it gives out, then do an LS swap and a color change. If it ever comes to that then I would definitely PPF after a fresh repaint.
Until then I'm probably going to leave it fairly stock, but I should probably do a ceramic coating eventually.
Yeah bro no matter how anal you are with the detailing process those damn swirls on a black car keep coming & like you said it's almost impossible to stay ahead of the upkeep on it being that it's black.

My advice for your E39 while it may not have been a show car(depending on who you ask) but it HAS stood the test of time & is still healthy & pretty so you can PPF the high impact areas like the front & rear bumpers, hood & sideview mirrors instead of the entire car. It'll be somewhat cost effective & your classic will be protected. Because it's an old car & the fact that it's been meticulously maintained makes the partial PPF worth it to me.

Detailed my car yesterday and it’s dusty af today 😑 Anyway… I need new front tires but I don’t want to spend $1000 cause I barely drive it and I never drive it in the rain/cold. Any recommendations? Anybody run nitto NT555’s?

57E667CA-969C-4F3A-959E-B5077C040FAC.jpeg

Sad part is they’re barely worn they’re just old smh

Everything is holding up well.

Dynamic Tint actually just called my parents and asked if they can put their Model X (Xpel Stealth PPF) in some new jersey motor show this weekend so i thought that was cool
That's wassup. Give that bad boy some well deserved exposure 👍. Tell your parents to tell em no flash photography please 📸 :wink:

:rofl:

Detailed my car yesterday and it’s dusty af today 😑 Anyway… I need new front tires but I don’t want to spend $1000 cause I barely drive it and I never drive it in the rain/cold. Any recommendations? Anybody run nitto NT555’s?

Those tires honestly look fine. At least another 5k left, but need to see the inner shoulder. Cracking is mostly superficial.

Lo

Looks like dry rot

Car is black right? You can see a black car getting dusty as you're washing it 🤪. I have the Nitto NT05R on my car & man they HOOK! Even in the rain(I know I shouldn't) I had em up to 96mph & no sweat- maybe I got lucky lol. And yeah that's the trade-off with drag radials...you get the grip but not the longevity of a normal tire. I think air spider 777 air spider 777 has the NT555's.

Glad I could help in any way buddy. I'm always up to answer a question from anyone who has them in regards to cars in general or especially buying them. Being in the business for those 23 years, I learned A LOT! 👍
You are the man. Knew I had to ask you. You always hit us with the most detailed & informative responses brother 👊. Btw...how about them 76ers? Harden that bum :lol:

Car is black right? You can see a black car getting dusty as you're washing it 🤪. I have the Nitto NT05R on my car & man they HOOK! Even in the rain(I know I shouldn't) I had em up to 96mph & no sweat- maybe I got lucky lol. And yeah that's the trade-off with drag radials...you get the grip but not the longevity of a normal tire. I think air spider 777 air spider 777 has the NT555's.
I have R888R’s in the rear and they’re damn near slicks lol

Back
Top Bottom