\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So last year, had someone what looks to appear that they backed up into my drivers side quarter panel.

8DFF48CF-440C-412C-9263-8085316551FD.jpeg

Dropped the car off in August, got it back in October.

1. Shop said can’t save qtr panel, have to replace the whole thing.
  2. Had to remove and replace rear glass, can’t reuse. 3 month back order.
  3. Shop lost $2k worth of my parts that they removed in order to do repairs. Were replaced with new ones.
I tried to inspect it as best as I could when I picked it up. Being night time and inside the shop, it’s easy to miss some things. The panel in some places just does not line up right. My door sticking out bugs me the most. I don’t know how I just barely noticed it a couple of weeks ago. My question is, I don’t see how this can be fixed without redoing the whole panel again. This is from the Lexus dealer shop on site. And, whichever one of their knuckled heads reassembled the interior, bent the latch of the back seat that hooks into the body

56C6D82C-48D3-4C16-B16B-18CC66BA91DE.jpeg

0A48F2F6-21EF-4F65-8507-0E5F8D2F84FA.jpeg

0A289B0F-5E3A-4872-AFCC-DB97CC61953B.jpeg

So last year, had someone what looks to appear that they backed up into my drivers side quarter panel.

3. Shop lost $2k worth of my parts that they removed in order to do repairs. Were replaced with new ones.
I tried to inspect it as best as I could when I picked it up. Being night time and inside the shop, it’s easy to miss some things. The panel in some places just does not line up right. My door sticking out bugs me the most. I don’t know how I just barely noticed it a couple of weeks ago. My question is, I don’t see how this can be fixed without redoing the whole panel again. This is from the Lexus dealer shop on site. And, whichever one of their knuckled heads reassembled the interior, bent the latch of the back seat that hooks into the body

Can you show the other side for comparison?

Last August, I stopped by my local Toyota dealership to order a brand new 2022 4Runner TRD Pro. 8 Months go by and I still don't have my truck. So I called a bunch of dealers around the country and I finally found that one that I wanted. It's 1 of 3 Super White 4Runner TRD Pro trucks in the country. The other two dealers wanted between $10K-$15K for their trucks. So I call the other dealership, we come to terms on a price, and I flew out to Oklahoma yesterday to drive it back home.

The hunt is finally over

Good info. Why is that? I don't ever take my cars through a auto car wash anyway but curious to know. Wouldn't the PPF prevent any scratches & scuffs caused by the car wash brushes & equipment? You Xpel'd your entire car or just few panels?
I have the full front of my Model Y PPFd as well as the rocker panels down the side and around the back. This was called the “track package” at the shop

Looking into it more, this may be incorrect info. The place that applied the PPF said this, but XPEL FAQ says that you can take it through auto wash. So it may be a warranty thing for my specific detailer, not sure.

Going to look into it more because id love to be able to run mine through the touchless once in a while

I have the full front of my Model Y PPFd as well as the rocker panels down the side and around the back. This was called the “track package” at the shop

Looking into it more, this may be incorrect info. The place that applied the PPF said this, but XPEL FAQ says that you can take it through auto wash. So it may be a warranty thing for my specific detailer, not sure.

Going to look into it more because id love to be able to run mine through the touchless once in a while

You should be fine with a touchless. My brother puts his car through touchless wash here and there.

The only reason why you wouldn’t is if the install wasn’t great and the PPF is lifting or has seams that could lift potentially.

dude that is some nastyyyyyy work

goddamn

take it back have insurance tell them to re do it as this is unacceptable

Dropped off the car today at a detailing shop for full PPF install. This should be the last segment of my car modding for the Chally. Once this is complete she'll be mechanically & cosmetically done. Place is called Tintmax in Great Neck, Long Island.

Going with Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF & layer of ceramic fusion coating on top of the PPF. Met the owner & his master detailer. They walked me through the whole process: what they use, what they recommend, what my car needs & doesn't need.

He said since my car is already ceramic coated from when I got it new(I personally ceramic coated it myself in 2017 & again in 2020) the paint is very healthy & plus it barely has any miles so little to no damage has occurred over the last 6 years.

They're going to clay off the existing ceramic first than 2 step polish the car, than apply the PPF & than comes the layer of ceramic which should last 5 years & the film itself 10 years. So excited! I can't wait to see it once it's done. My guy said it'll take a good 10-14 days. Some pics of the cars they're currently working on. Some are in for PPF & some regualr detail stuff. They also set me up with a loaner vehicle for the duration of the project- lil Versa.
20220510_124719.jpg
20220510_105920.jpg
20220510_105707.jpg
20220510_104345.jpg
20220510_095135.jpg
20220510_094945.jpg
20220510_094933.jpg
20220510_094939.jpg

dude that is some nastyyyyyy work

goddamn

take it back have insurance tell them to re do it as this is unacceptable

Honestly, I'm so over this car and that shop. Have had nothing but bad luck with this car since the get go. With car prices and availability, I'm just going to have to wait it out a bit. Being 7 months since it was picked up from the shop, not sure what can be done at this point.

Dropped off the car today at a detailing shop for full PPF install. This should be the last segment of my car modding for the Chally. Once this is complete she'll be mechanically & cosmetically done. Place is called Tintmax in Great Neck, Long Island.

Going with Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF & layer of ceramic fusion coating on top of the PPF. Met the owner & his master detailer. They walked me through the whole process: what they use, what they recommend, what my car needs & doesn't need.

He said since my car is already ceramic coated from when I got it new(I personally ceramic coated it myself in 2017 & again in 2020) the paint is very healthy & plus it barely has any miles so little to no damage has occurred over the last 6 years.

They're going to clay off the existing ceramic first than 2 step polish the car, than apply the PPF & than comes the layer of ceramic which should last 5 years & the film itself 10 years. So excited! I can't wait to see it once it's done. My guy said it'll take a good 10-14 days. Some pics of the cars they're currently working on. Some are in for PPF & some regualr detail stuff. They also set me up with a loaner vehicle for the duration of the project- lil Versa.
20220510_124719.jpg
20220510_105920.jpg
20220510_105707.jpg
20220510_104345.jpg
20220510_095135.jpg
20220510_094945.jpg
20220510_094933.jpg
20220510_094939.jpg

Are they doing tucked edges or will there be visible seams? Based off the work order it appears they're using a plotter which is fine, they may be ordering precut from XPEL which sometimes has visible seams.

I would double check all of that, also, any reason why cutting around emblems? Would be best to remove and use a template to reapply.

This dude in the subreddit /whatcarshouldibuy is about to pay $1500/mo for a CLA45.

$1500

For a goddamn CLA.
cars are crazy right now…

does anyone think prices will dump in the next year or two? if they have all these cars ready to go and waiting on chips, and we go in a recession…shouldnt cars get reasonably priced in the near future given that everyone would be dumping inventory at the same time?

i want to buy a daily…thinking of picking up the new civic type r when it comes out…

Are they doing tucked edges or will there be visible seams? Based off the work order it appears they're using a plotter which is fine, they may be ordering precut from XPEL which sometimes has visible seams.

I would double check all of that, also, any reason why cutting around emblems? Would be best to remove and use a template to reapply.
They'll be doing tucked edges but the guy was honest & said maybe around the door handles there'll be a visible seam. He said they do their absolute best to make it as seamless as possible but on certain cars with their bold shapes & angles sometimes there is a visible seam. He showed me examples of this on the Charger & Porsche. And yes, it'll be pre-cut. Good question about the template I'm going to call him about that today.

Back
Top Bottom