\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

$1100 for ****ing tint?

Nah son. :lol: Ya'll out here getting robbed. Dont even care how great it works, the cars gonna get hot no matter what. Youre gonna throw on the AC or drop the windows anyways.
I felt like you before I got this tint but I’m telling you it would blow your mind the difference it makes . Don’t get me wrong $1,100 is crazy money for a tint but my thoughts now are yes it a lot of money but it is not over priced or overrated. You definitely get what you pay for. As wear rare airs wear rare airs said, I don’t see myself owning a car with out it again . Where I am at in Cali it gets 104-110 degrees for a month straight with the other 4 months in the mid to high 90s so for me personally it is worth the price of admission

Just curious what you guys think out of these options which would you choose….

Option A 2012 V12 Vantage with manual 6sp

Option B 2017 + NSX

Option C 2020 992 Carrera S

Option D AMG GTC Coupe

I am far from being able to make this move but I’m a car guy and this is a car thread so let’s talk cars. Wife and I want a car we can go on date night in or Sunday brunch , do a couple targa trophy rallies etc etc

Option A or B is what she wants , Option C is what I want, Option D is our compromise

Last edited:
Just curious what you guys think out of these two options which would you choose….

Option B 2017 + NSX

Option D AMG GTC Coupe

I am far from being able to make this move but I’m a car guy and this is a car thread so let’s talk cars. Wife and I want a car we can go on date night in or Sunday brunch , do a couple targa trophy rallies etc etc

Option A or B is what she wants , Option C is what I want, Option D is our compromise

Which of these two options?

Option B 2017 + NSX

Option D AMG GTC Coupe

Option A! It's the only option. Here's why.

Option B is a cool car and has presence but your adding any hybrid expenses to normal ICE stuff. I like the NSX but after seeing the Type S model, the regular one looks too bland.

Option C is just too vanilla. It doesn't stand out for a date night or a cool road rally. Great car, but most (non-car) people won't know the difference between a base 911 all the way up the menu. To me, it's not special enough.

Option D is a cool car but the base cars didn't really hold their value like the GTR models did. It's cool and such & you don't see them often but if I had to choose between A & D, it's take A every day and twice on Sunday.

Option A will be worth serious $$$ down the road (they are already going up and have been for the past several years). An Aston is a beautiful car. Amazing design, and then add the stick? A manual V12 Aston is something SPECIAL. Hand built, that motor is their 6.0 V12 they've have for years, and sounds glorious. The doors are even cool. Even though they open normally, they are swan doors and they go on an upward angle to not hit high curbs.

Plus they didn't make a whole lot of manuals in the V12 Vantage. Your limited by the lack of cool colors (most are white, black, or about 10 different shades of grey/silver). Some are wrapped. Maintenance is a bit higher than other cars since it is an Aston but if you have a GOOD independent exotic mechanic, near by, you'll be fine. But when you arrive in an Aston on date night, people will notice.

But yeah, if you buy one of these now, they will only go up and won't drop value at all. I highly recommend you go into Instagram and follow a user by the name @artvandalay (yes, the Seinfeld name). He owns a V12 Vantage stick and has had it for about 5 years or so (got it on the lowest of it's depreciation curve and it's now going up so much in so little time). He can tell you anything and everything you need to know in terms of maintenance and reliable and such. And he will get back to you.

He's in Arizona, just got an Aston One-77 (if you don't know what it is look it up) It's RARE and technically not legal here as it's on Show & Display. And he just speced his Valkyrie Spider build 😱 which he will see in early 2024. He's a very friendly guy who loves to chat. He had 4 different Lamborghinis at one time and sold them all for these 2 Astons and did REALLY well with those he sold (one was that Murcie SV that Randy Savage eventually owned as well as Houston Crosta. It was this guy's car first). 👍

I felt like you before I got this tint but I’m telling you it would blow your mind the difference it makes . Don’t get me wrong $1,100 is crazy money for a tint but my thoughts now are yes it a lot of money but it is not over priced or overrated. You definitely get what you pay for. As wear rare airs wear rare airs said, I don’t see myself owning a car with out it again . Where I am at in Cali it gets 104-110 degrees for a month straight with the other 4 months in the mid to high 90s so for me personally it is worth the price of admission

just made the appt for next Wednesday :smokin theres still a whole other half of summer to be had :sick:

i need a beater/project/winter car. budget is $10k, so the mileage will be pretty high. here's my list so far...

E46 sedan
B6 avant
J120 GX
E70 or older X5
E60

1C4E4A06-E8CF-4413-B794-B18539E18A08.jpeg

8E89FA06-4CC7-407D-8299-46AE3CDA7C24.jpeg

F658AABA-1231-4E57-BEC4-D7B525F344EE.jpeg
1D11C94C-6651-441E-A38C-9C96490C815F.jpeg
3582BE3A-BA83-470A-BC72-AC280ED4CC5D.jpeg
C351B99E-BEF7-41BE-B825-35DF9DBF8120.jpeg
52733D28-C2C3-4799-93E5-1AA39D10705C.jpeg

Hyundai N Vision 74 concept​

Minus the drivetrain, there has been a internal Genesis proposal based on this that is targeting the GT-R (under $110K) as an ‘affordable halo’ super sports car/GT for both brands. Having an upmarket mechanical twin as a parts-mate could make both of them a reality.

Last edited:

Option B 2017 + NSX

Option D AMG GTC Coupe

1. 2020 992 Carrera S
2. 2017 NSX
3. AMG GTC Coupe
4. 2012 vantage

reasoning

the porsche probably the best drivin car and it sets the standard for what a sports car should be. also its the newest car on the list so has the best creature comforts and will probably be a blast to drive

nsx is exotic but most ppl simply don't like it cuz its a honda, but i think its cooler than the other two cars, just don't know how the experience is compared to a porsche.

amg is cool but eh

vantage ehhhh

^That looks more like a Delorean than the new Delorean.
Muscle memory is a *****. Giugiaro/ItalDesign who penned both the DMC Coupe and the inspiration for this (below) had a lot going on workload wise in the 70s.

8E1118A9-8BE8-496D-A669-686FB3B4D2F9.jpeg

Hyundai Pony coupe concept. (1974)

Last edited:
1. 2020 992 Carrera S
2. 2017 NSX
3. AMG GTC Coupe
4. 2012 vantage

reasoning

the porsche probably the best drivin car and it sets the standard for what a sports car should be. also its the newest car on the list so has the best creature comforts and will probably be a blast to drive

nsx is exotic but most ppl simply don't like it cuz its a honda, but i think its cooler than the other two cars, just don't know how the experience is compared to a porsche.

amg is cool but eh

vantage ehhhh

This is basically my list order too. #2 and #3 could switch depending on my mood. Basically for the same reasons you stated. Aston's reliability is questionable. People don't know how good the driving experience is of a Porsche until they drive it.

This is basically my list order too. #2 and #3 could switch depending on my mood. Basically for the same reasons you stated. Aston's reliability is questionable. People don't know how good the driving experience is of a Porsche until they drive it.

The V12 is actually pretty robust and solid in terms of reliability. We're not taking about a 2004 Vanquish (Pierce Brosnan Bond car) but a much later car with better build quality. The one difference on this list is only 1 is a stick and will keep increasing it's value every year.

I just couldn't get into buying a 911. Unless it's a GT car or Turbo, the base, S, 4S, etc, are cool looking & beautiful with awesome colors, but don't stand out for me or do anything for me in regards to wanting to ever strive to own one. I've heard just as many people who praise the newest ones loath the newest ones as well. Maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
The V12 is actually pretty robust and solid in terms of reliability. We're not taking about a 2004 Vanquish (Pierce Brosnan Bond car) but a much later car with better build quality. The one difference on this list is only 1 is a stick and will keep increasing it's value every year.

I just couldn't get into buying a 911. Unless it's a GT car or Turbo, the base, S, 4S, etc, are cool looking & beautiful with awesome colors, but don't stand out for me or do anything for me in regards to wanting to ever strive to own one. I've heard just as many people who praise the newest ones loath the newest ones as well. Maybe that's just me.
992 carerra s.jpeg
Used-2012-Aston-Martin-V12-Vantage-Coupe.jpeg

ask urself which one you would rather spend your sundays in, the choice is clear

992 carerra s.jpeg
Used-2012-Aston-Martin-V12-Vantage-Coupe.jpeg

ask urself which one you would rather spend your sundays in, the choice is clear

Yup, the choice is definitely clear! It's the one with English hand stitched leather, 3 pedals, a manual gearbox and a glorious V12 soundtrack! I definitely know which one I want to go for an early Sunday morning drive in. 😉

Back
Top Bottom