\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain

Look at these prices , you really think this car will be had with low mileage for 100k next year?

thinking logically it kinda wouldn't make sense for them to be at 100k but we have been living in some illogical times lately :lol:
but thats what i'm hoping for :lol:

I have a feeling the luxury market in general will dwindle in every regards from clothing, housing, vehicle standpoint.

but you have a great point, its hard for a niche car to have its price fall, but i believe not many people actually want an rs6 wagon for 130-140k especially since its not really a flashy car at all and you can probably get an r8 for the same price or less. Does that logic hold any weight :nerd:

i'm guilty of contributing to the conversation, but lets get back to cars?

does anyone have experience with Adam's graphene coatings? i've been doing some research, and its apparently the longest lasting (9 years) consumer grade coating out there. however, there are mixed reviews about whether you can actually apply it on all surfaces without damage. i've also read that it isnt slick to the touch when fully cured. the hydrophobics and gloss look great in videos though.

might just stick to the tried and true CQuartz to keep it safe, but wanted to know what others you guys might recommend. i have Gtechniq CSU on my last car, but thats a professional grade/dealer application only. that coating was phenomenal.
Adam's graphene is great & much more hydrophobic than their original ceramic formula. I've used both & the graphene was much more hydrophobic. Idk about the 9 years especially if it's a daily driver in question.

After getting my car PPF'd & having them apply a layer of ceramic on top I realized the ceramic brands & formulas the pro's have at their disposal is on a different level then what we consumers get. My guy explained how their stuff is way more toxic & heavy duty compared to Adam's/Ammo NYC/Chem. Guys. They have insane ventilation at the shop & keep the inside temp @ 65 degree to apply the stuff & have dozens up dozens of thermometers spread throughout the shop to monitor the temp.

i thought i was in the relationship thread for a min :lol:

anyway dusted off the Cruiser for a local Taco(ma) Tuesday meet

Arizona skys always trip me out

LC1.png
Sky looks creepy but beautiful. That Arizona scenery 👌

Got a voicemail yesterday from my Ford dealership saying they have a lightning to demo so I’m gonna head down there and pick it up tomorrow. It’s a demo so odds are it’s not the 550hp 738tq spec but my fingers are crossed

A few days ago I asked opinions on my sons first car so thanks to all that gave advice. The purpose of this car is he plays AAU year so I am looking at getting him something newer so it is dependable , also needs to be on the larger side as he is 6’1 ( might have another grow spurt )and is the smallest on his team. Gas mileage plays a factor as well

I was thinking model 3 or Mach E since both have 300mi range and that would be plenty. As far as ICE cars go maybe an accord hybrid, fusion hybrid, or something from Kia.

He hates trucks but a base lighting wouldn’t be a bad option if the range was over 300mi

A few days ago I asked opinions on my sons first car so thanks to all that gave advice. The purpose of this car is he plays AAU year so I am looking at getting him something newer so it is dependable , also needs to be on the larger side as he is 6’1 ( might have another grow spurt )and is the smallest on his team. Gas mileage plays a factor as well

I was thinking model 3 or Mach E since both have 300mi range and that would be plenty. As far as ICE cars go maybe an accord hybrid, fusion hybrid, or something from Kia.

He hates trucks but a base lighting wouldn’t be a bad option if the range was over 300mi
I’m a little taller than your son but the model 3 was very tight for me up front, and unbearable in the back. If he has tall friends that back seat could get pretty claustrophobic for them. :lol:

I’m a little taller than your son but the model 3 was very tight for me up front, and unbearable in the back. If he has tall friends that back seat could get pretty claustrophobic for them. :lol:
I’ve never been in one so thanks for the info. Model S it is then if we go that route

WTH? Seriously?!! Gee, no wonder your not married with an attitude & maturity level like that. It's called respect for your partner (something you obviously would not have for them it seems, by your reply).

So, let's say you WERE married, and your saying you would just up & go on a trip somewhere and you would go WITHOUT telling her? What happens if something happens to you out where you're at and you can't call anyone? And she doesn't hear from you for a day or two? What is she supposed to think?

Please, don't question our dymanic! Been together for 14 years! We're very happy! Who the hell are you to question?!! I don't question ANYTHING of you, like, I don't know, what's your longest relationship? Because that would be rude and NONE of my bleeping business!
:lol: relax brother. I'm not questioning your marriage and the basis/foundation for any relationship is mutual respect for each other. I just find it odd to ask for permission to do things.

Again, I'm not married but if I were I would tell her I'm going to such and such and she can come if she wants. I wouldn't ask her. Not trying to offend you :lol:

Last edited:

We have family members who are over 6’3’ and even though it would be tight for the folks behind them, they were fine in my Model 3.

I’m personally like the Hyundai ioniq 5s form and design details (and it did well in various tear downs I’ve seen) in that price range, and is very capacious inside, but it’s styling/badge(?) may not be for everyone.

I also personally like the Hyundai
The Y would probably be my choice for resell as well as for taller drivers. It is a lot more comfortable for larger people than both sedans in the portfolio-without the cost of the S.

I’d monitor the Mach E regarding reliability and availability. While we were lamenting the delay of a competitor to it during a tear down review, our lead engineer smirked and said ‘Just wait.’

Two years later, the Mach E has had a host of issues, some that will be difficult to solve without removing the battery.

Ford has officially stopped production to fulfill orders. And to backwards engineer fixes for these issues.

Great CUV in GT trim, but some problems of note.

Last edited:

This makes me miss my Neon, when I had that SRT4 you couldn’t tell me nothin lol. Thing was modded to the max, stroker motor, huge turbo you name it I had it. Also makes me appreciate my wife’s E46 M3, I love that car with a passion I can’t ever see selling it.

Funny story is I surprised her with that car in 2005 as a Christmas present, she was just getting into cars and like that M3, NSX and CTS-V….. looking at it now I picked the wrong car to by as I had a line on a well spec’d NSX but stupid me thought she would like BMW more than Acura . UGH what I would give to go back in time and do that over again!!

:lol: relax brother. I'm not questioning your marriage and the basis/foundation for any relationship is mutual respect for each other. I just find it odd to ask for permission to do things.

Again, I'm not married but if I were I would tell her I'm going to such and such and she can come if she wants. I wouldn't ask her. Not trying to offend you :lol:

Relax? Too late for that! Just so you know, you did offend me and you did question my marriage when you wrote "Sounds like a parent/child dynamic"! How else was I supposed to take that? As a joke? That pissed me the F off. Had you left that out of your reply, I wouldn't have been mad at all! That was personal and I didn't like it.

If you don't see it that way, then I can't help you. But you can't comment on ANYTHING marriage related when you aren't married and have no experience in it. I never questioned my friends who are married in regards to decisions when I wasn't married (at the time). Wasn't my place to as I didn't have any experience in the matter.

I've said my peace, I'm done with this. Back to cars.

Last edited:
I am starting to show slight discoloration on my white seats. Just north of 3k miles on the ODO.

A little concerning but I’m back to wearing shorts mainly for summer, tried using Lexol but didn’t do much. Anyone have a good recommendation for cleaning seats? Doesn’t bug me much but I’m sure that with 3k miles, it can get worse.

On my BMW I was never able to get the dye transfer out of my white seats, but then again it was a lease and I never cared to as much.

90672844-E537-4FD2-8C6C-549C35713707.jpeg
I ceramic coated all white parts of my interior. Very cheap and easy DIY. I don’t know if it is a placebo, but judging by this pic, i would say it has helped

Baby wipes with pressure should take any discoloration out of the seats. My coating also came with a leather cleaner which has been effective for the tougher marks. I give my driver seat a wipe down every few months

627461C7-2C7A-47BC-BD8E-32AA63147F01.jpeg

1F6802BE-986F-4E5E-80F3-237B7A80585C.jpeg

5BB5A467-4FF6-4C26-B072-1CF1D3014154.jpeg

391E2BAA-4447-4861-B812-CBCC948E5BA0.png

BFC00597-A9AA-4EC7-83F8-21C2F8DF73AE.jpeg

A68A1E01-9130-417A-8B47-51B36BFBC92C.png

EF063AF4-4886-4D83-9B4C-C62A3A414867.jpeg

Cadillac Celestiq EV​

To be hand built in Detroit. $300K and as close to a ‘production’ road going concept car as you will get regardless of manufacturer.

Interesting strategy. I’ll just say Mark Reuss has had a charmed career.

Back
Top Bottom