\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So when I got my wife’s car I opted to get an extremely expensive ( in the past I only paid a couple hundred bucks) tint because they sold me on it extremely reducing the heat inside the car. Because I bought her car pretty much sight unseen I failed to realize it didn’t have ventilated seats so I felt I had to go with this Xpel prime XR plus and for a grand total of close to $1,100 I was extremely skeptical but holy **** is this amazing .

Not sure what tint everyone has/going to get but if you are willing to pay the price I can vouch it is 100% worth it. It’s been 107 degrees or higher for the last couple of weeks and my wife gets in her car shorts and all after the car sitting for 6 plus hours in the direct heat.

So when I got my wife’s car I opted to get an extremely expensive ( in the past I only paid a couple hundred bucks) tint because they sold me on it extremely reducing the heat inside the car. Because I bought her car pretty much sight unseen I failed to realize it didn’t have ventilated seats so I felt I had to go with this Xpel prime XR plus and for a grand total of close to $1,100 I was extremely skeptical but holy **** is this amazing .

Not sure what tint everyone has/going to get but if you are willing to pay the price I can vouch it is 100% worth it. It’s been 107 degrees or higher for the last couple of weeks and my wife gets in her car shorts and all after the car sitting for 6 plus hours in the direct heat.

this might be a stupid question or not, but Ive never done it

Is there ceramic "clear" tint for the front windshield? Or does it always have a darker shade?
I wanna do this to my girls car since the AZ heat is whoopin our asses

Is there ceramic "clear" tint for the front windshield? Or does it always have a darker shade?
Mine is clear as a summer day and it’s 100% effective. I’m telling you man if u can swing the price it will completely change the convo you have with your girl walking back to your car on a summer day lol…

Everyone of us in this thread has had the hot car convo just before opening the door after the car has been sitting in the sun for hours lol

stunnaman stunnaman
Can’t tell the windshield is tinted at all can you
5A8470C7-51BF-4FBC-B9B3-D8F17CB04455.jpeg

Mine is clear as a summer day and it’s 100% effective. I’m telling you man if u can swing the price it will completely change the convo you have with your girl walking back to your car on a summer day lol…

Everyone of us in this thread has had the hot car convo just before opening the door after the car has been sitting in the sun for hours lol
nice! we been talking about it for a couple of weeks now, im gonna start getting price quotes, hopefully the shop that did our clear bra will hold it down for a repeat customer..luckily for her car does have remote auto start, but even the AC dont feel like its enough in 115 degree weather :lol::lol:

I got a clear 70% ceramic on my windshield, can’t tell it’s tinted at all. Also getting my *** kicked by the AZ sun

Yeah, been watching the video on this colossal cluster! Happened back in December but finally the channel showed the video. Probably because the lawsuits were finally settled. I hope the drivers from the cars he hit sued him into oblivion!

Taking a car out KNOWING the throttle sticks, on 17 year old brakes that aren't upgraded to compensate for the 1,300 hp, no e-brake, and NOT wearing the harness PLUS only comprehensive insurance (no collision as he was getting an agreed value quote together). So many things wrong here I lost count! Dude had so many L's it's not even funny. Also hope he paid for the guy' (from Autopotia LA) dental surgery as he needed all new teeth! SMH at this clown!

Last edited:
zmaqbool zmaqbool So I should elaborate, this is what I mean...I actually made this comment a few months back and picasso swerve picasso swerve was raging about it and I never commented back at the time but this reminded me lol.

So the blue one is a 964, the grey is a 992. Take a look a the curvature and entire shape of the car. The 964 has the classic rounded shape we associate with Porsches, but it's still a bit angular if you look at the windshield area and how the roof then curves.

Compare that to the 992, where it's much, much more "smooth" from the bottom of the windshield to the back of the car. The tilt of the windshield is also a lot more pushed back on the newer Porsches as you can see.

Also, take a look at the amount of glass on the 964 vs 992. It's nothing new to say that old cars have much better visibility in them. In my old E36 and my E39, I can take a quick glance behind my left shoulder and have a super clear view of what is around me. New cars not so much, I really have to shift my driving position, lean forward and then crane my neck to see clearly.

Another thing is wheel size...New cars have gigantic wheels...

So when you combine the smooth shape of the new cars, plus the less glass, plus the big wheels, it gives the impression of the car looking cartoonish and almost squashed or flattened. I always joke that the new Porsches look like a stretched out Beetle (a criticism that people like Jeremy Clarkson have been saying about Porsches for a while now haha, but I really do love the old ones)

And man the low taillights on the old Porsches :nthat:New ones I'm sure still drive fantastic, there is no doubt that Porsche knows what they are doing, but visually they just don't do it for me.

IB4 ballsack autotrader pics picasso swerve picasso swerve

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.59.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.58.39 PM.png

zmaqbool zmaqbool So I should elaborate, this is what I mean...I actually made this comment a few months back and picasso swerve picasso swerve was raging about it and I never commented back at the time but this reminded me lol.

So the blue one is a 964, the grey is a 992. Take a look a the curvature and entire shape of the car. The 964 has the classic rounded shape we associate with Porsches, but it's still a bit angular if you look at the windshield area and how the roof then curves.

Compare that to the 992, where it's much, much more "smooth" from the bottom of the windshield to the back of the car. The tilt of the windshield is also a lot more pushed back on the newer Porsches as you can see.

Also, take a look at the amount of glass on the 964 vs 992. It's nothing new to say that old cars have much better visibility in them. In my old E36 and my E39, I can take a quick glance behind my left shoulder and have a super clear view of what is around me. New cars not so much, I really have to shift my driving position, lean forward and then crane my neck to see clearly.

Another thing is wheel size...New cars have gigantic wheels...

So when you combine the smooth shape of the new cars, plus the less glass, plus the big wheels, it gives the impression of the car looking cartoonish and almost squashed or flattened. I always joke that the new Porsches look like a stretched out Beetle (a criticism that people like Jeremy Clarkson have been saying about Porsches for a while now haha, but I really do love the old ones)

And man the low taillights on the old Porsches :nthat:New ones I'm sure still drive fantastic, there is no doubt that Porsche knows what they are doing, but visually they just don't do it for me.

IB4 ballsack autotrader pics picasso swerve picasso swerve

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.59.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.58.39 PM.png

Idk what you talkin bout b I thought I was getting ballsacked.

But just cause I like old Porsche’s ill post Daniel Arsham’s 930A.

BE04F35B-6BD1-48D1-89D5-74F780E61E44.jpeg

CD4F353A-B484-4BEF-AD89-64BB0C65F112.jpeg

:pimp:

zmaqbool zmaqbool You can tell it's a 997 and not a 991 or 992 cuz the shape actually looks nice in profile :lol: IMO 997 was the last 911 with a nice shape...After that they start looking weird.
I can never tell which Porsche it is because they all look so alike(modern ones at least) lol. And yeah, I see what you mean with the newer ones being stretched out. They look like they've been pressed downward & widened a bit due to the loss of few inches in height compared to the older ones. Both old & new are great cars. The stretched out Beetle analogy makes sense lol...similar shapes. Wheels have most def gotten bigger too like you said. They used to say 16 inch wheels were "big" during the 60s & 70s...look where we're at with that now. I think 17 is standard & 20's is what a lot of people upgrade to given the option.

$1100 for ******* tint?

Nah son. :lol: Ya'll out here getting robbed. Dont even care how great it works, the cars gonna get hot no matter what. Youre gonna throw on the AC or drop the windows anyways.

I have had XR+ on 5 cars so far, because it truly is just that damn good.

My girl also has a model Y and she could NOT be talked into getting the XPEL tint, she ended up getting llumar IRX (saved like 250 bucks) and regrets it. Not all ceramic film is made the same.

But if you've never paid 800+ for XR+/Spectra/3M Crystalline then don't start. You'll be stuck getting it for all your cars in the future. Only reason my girl regrets it now is cause she felt the tint on my Model Y--if she never experienced that she would probably be totally fine like the rest of the world.

Back
Top Bottom