\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

im taking a road trip in a couple weeks was thinking of renting. a whip since i don't wanna fly

what do yall recommend besides turo?

You can rent pretty much any German car/SUV and Infiniti at a rental agency at the airport. Note even a Audi Q8 or BMW X7 etc lol. It’s kind of crazy because 20 years ago it was all domestics and toyotas. I just had a brand new X5 hybrid for a week in Oregon. Hated it. Great mpg tho. Took these pics at sixt.

Hertz platinum even has Porsches…depends on location

1658402156463.jpeg

1658402220340.jpeg

I dig it. Only the wing looks extreme "boy racer" . Very doable.

Y'all trip but that fwd torque steer is wild fun sometimes. Plus I bet this will have something to offset that.

Lame release. No specs. I liked the last one. This is as expected, more bland but fine as well. They will sell every last one. Haven’t owned a FWD car since I was 21. GR Corolla would get my money.

I dig it. Only the wing looks extreme "boy racer" . Very doable.

Y'all trip but that fwd torque steer is wild fun sometimes. Plus I bet this will have something to offset that.
Apparently Honda has figured out a way to take out torque steer. The last time I drove a FWD car with decent power was a 7th Gen Maxima and the front end hopped a couple of times when I tried to launch it. It was so unpredictable but maybe I need to drive a better FWD car.

I’ll say this about the RWD/FWD discussion:

There have been three FWD cars that I’ve been able to drive on track that have actually been prone to oversteer (RWD trait) due to suspension geo- the Buick Regal GS/Opel Insignia OPC-the former I actually preferred as it had less weight over its front axle; and the outgoing Type R. And torque steer was just about non existent even at the limit/slippery surfaces.

There have been a few RWD cars, including The ‘new’ Nissan Z that have been less composed at the limit in my experience than the outgoing CTR and Regal GS. While there is an inherent starting advantage to having the rear wheels driven, there’s a lot more to entertaining/uncorrupted handling.

I’ll say this about the RWD/FWD discussion:

There have been three FWD cars that I’ve been able to drive on track that have actually been prone to oversteer (RWD trait) due to suspension geo- the Buick Regal GS/Opel Insignia OPC-the former I actually preferred as it had less weight over its front axle; and the outgoing Type R. And torque steer was just about non existent even at the limit/slippery surfaces.

There have been a few RWD cars, including The ‘new’ Nissan Z that have been less composed at the limit in my experience than the outgoing CTR and Regal GS. While there is an inherent starting advantage to having the rear wheels driven, there’s a lot more to entertaining/uncorrupted handling.

Honda arguably does it better than anyone with FWD. Anything remotely powerful with RWD will bite an amateur at the track.
Having driven and ridden in the FK8 Type-R and the GR Corolla and Yaris (ridden on track) the capabilities of the trick AWD system are impossible to ignore. It’s almost impossible to lose on the track. it’s remarkable.

Then you can tune GR’s to over 500hp while you can’t with the Type-R.

That said, all sensational options. No bad car here.

Huge fan of the Regal GS. People slept on it.

Who am I?

Of all things to try and get me back with. You can do better than that cmon man.
:lol:

I mean you seem to know me so do we know each other? Serious question.

Honda arguably does it better than anyone with FWD. Anything remotely powerful with RWD will bite an amateur at the track.
Having driven and ridden in the FK8 Type-R and the GR Corolla and Yaris (ridden on track) the capabilities of the trick AWD system are impossible to ignore. It’s almost impossible to lose on the track. it’s remarkable.

Then you can tune GR’s to over 500hp while you can’t with the Type-R.

That said, all sensational options. No bad car here.

Huge fan of the Regal GS. People slept on it.

I mean you seem to know me so do we know each other? Serious question.

Lexus #1 fan choosing the Toyota over the Honda. Thats it. :lol:

6CD9A9FE-F936-48EE-9C10-19095C3C3733.jpeg

A9CA7E19-47EA-4108-8220-56A94DFCF79D.jpeg
D8D393DB-724F-488F-BB65-840A6F5A05A3.jpeg
552171D7-AE80-48F5-8C9C-EC956A93310A.jpeg
CA137719-13C8-4F30-B82A-4D0787162C87.jpeg
FCD71E9C-3274-4CFB-BABC-DDD3B6842485.jpeg
F4FE156C-6793-4052-87B3-69E9C10F89D5.jpeg

05355BF5-F88B-4EF0-B795-B0C3BD2E97C5.jpeg

Honda Civic Type R

Red carpeting will be available in the USDM for the first time.

And interestingly, wheels are now 19 inches with larger sidewalls (I’m a fan).

I’ve been told just under $40K will be the starting MSRP.
Didn’t think I’d say this but the last type r looks better this one looks kind of boring. I’m more interested in the integra type r tho :evil:

Having driven and ridden in the FK8 Type-R and the GR Corolla and Yaris (ridden on track) the capabilities of the trick AWD system are impossible to ignore. It’s almost impossible Honda arguably does it better than anyone with FWD. Anything remotely powerful with RWD will bite an amateur at the track.

I’ve driven AWD Subaru STis that were less impressiv/fun at the limit than many Miata’s on track.

My point again: there is a lot more to entertainment to ‘going fast’ on track or on public roads than the direction of wheels driven.

I can’t address the tuning statement-other than brakes/tires, there’s very little I like to touch on well set up cars for track days. I’m only talking about stock cars. The ones I’ve mentioned have had zero torque steer issues, which I believe was the theme of the discussion, not powertrain management.

As an aside, the race engineers seemed to have no torque steer feedback during our discussions regarding the 550hp FWD Nissan LM GT-R Nismo race car, but as you observed, higher power levels can get inexperienced (even experienced) drivers in trouble on public/private roads with vehicles (we’ve had some journalists crash GT-Rs, with data indicating that RWD bias wasn’t engaged during the event).

I’ve driven AWD Subaru STis that were less impressiv/fun at the limit than many Miata’s on track.

My point again: there is a lot more to entertainment to ‘going fast’ on track or on public roads than the direction of wheels driven.

I can’t address the tuning statement-other than brakes/tires, there’s very little I like to touch on well set up cars for track days. I’m only talking about stock cars. The ones I’ve mentioned have had zero torque steer issues, which I believe was the theme of the discussion, not powertrain management.

As an aside, the race engineers seemed to have no torque steer feedback during our discussions regarding the 550hp Nissan LM GT-R Nismo race car, and as you observed, higher power levels can get inexperienced (even experienced) drivers in trouble on public/private roads.

A great driver in a Miata/MX-5 is damn near unbeatable lol.

Great post. Yes indeed an experienced driver in fwd can wipe the floor with an average driver in a red car. AWD is faster but many times less involving or fun. Most of my track time is in RWD cars and have lost them quite a bit over the years lol.

Alll these high hp RWD cars on public roads is dangerous. Why you see so many accidents. it’s easy to lose them. Also why all the Germans added awd to their cars, easier to drive, go fast and safer for the average driver. Our license system is a joke, $30 and 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom