\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Was looking to trade in my model 3 for a Mach E so I called a dealer to ask what the mark up is on them.

He tells me 15-20.

I ask 15-20 what!?

He replies 15-20 thousand

I giggled and said ok bye :lol:
Doubt it. You called and mentioned a markup, he smelled food

Was looking to trade in my model 3 for a Mach E so I called a dealer to ask what the mark up is on them.

He tells me 15-20.

I ask 15-20 what!?

He replies 15-20 thousand

I giggled and said ok bye :lol:

These games they are playing is for the birds. They just are trying to catch someone thirsty.

Man the 4 coming out next month.
Damn! Is it really? I read somewhere it was being developed but I didn't know it's coming out so soon. Lol oh well, I'll use this for the next few years & by the time of my next upgrade a fold 5 should be out.

The Japanese forced the Germans to go AWD. AMGs, ///M, Porsche are now AWD. Odd it took them so long seeing how dominant the Evos, STIs, GTR were in the early 90s.

Audi was aware of the benefits of AWD early on with its quattro.
Like many of our discussions on automotive evolution, there are always subtleties in context:

Modern high performance road car requirements (Not all, but ideally some of the engineering led requirements):

AWD
Adjustable/electronically adjustable suspension to adjust for yaw/pitch
Forced induction
Aerodynamic downforce/drag efficient bodywork

Nissan didn't really 'get there' until the 1989 Skyline GT-R. Even then, and later with Subaru/Mitsubishi introduced its rally developed vehicles at the end of 1991 onward, they all had elements of the above to various degrees. But Porsche had a more exotic rendition of the above with the 959, introduced in 1986, which literally was the overlay for performance cars moving forward.

porsche-9591-20131107-013608-293.jpg

AWD has a whole as we know it today in the car space was a counter to help sedans hold on to market share as customers demanded more 'all weather capability' (Snow tires anyone? NM) vs. SUVs vs enthusiasts demands.

Now as you observed, Japanese OEMs absolutely introduced torque vectoring to more of a mass market audience, and Porsche (and Audi) reimagined its AWD systems to be more driver enjoyment focused vs. a more 'mature' approach. But there are always influences from multi national product companies mostly due to supplier breakthroughs frankly more than anything else.

Example (recent) despite years if STIs, the Focus RS torque vectoring system that eliminated understeer influenced the VW Groups current Audi S3/RS3/Golf R AWD models in philosophy due to supplier developments via Ford Germany.

That dealer did you a favor. The Mach E---has some serious engineering issues.
Tell me more.

Only reason I want to stay EV is because I get to charge at work for free. And that saves a ton of money. Got deposits for F150 Lightning and electric Silverado but it’s gonna be a few years before I can get my hands on one

Tell me more.

Only reason I want to stay EV is because I get to charge at work for free. And that saves a ton of money. Got deposits for F150 Lightning and electric Silverado but it’s gonna be a few years before I can get my hands on one

Even I won't touch a Mach E and that should tell you something. If i wanted an EV, I would go for the Ioniq 5 or EV6. Both are getting rave reviews.

No hate

I feel like I should like the bronco more. The older version is a classic and all the pre release pics of the broncos had me hype. Whenever I see them in the wild I'm somewhat underwhelmed.

Is something wrong with me?

No hate

I feel like I should like the bronco more. The older version is a classic and all the pre release pics of the broncos had me hype. Whenever I see them in the wild I'm somewhat underwhelmed.

naw, i'm with you. its still nice, but its the new Wrangler.

No hate

I checked one out at the dealer when I picked up my Raptor and honestly it looked like a POS. I’d take a Wrangler any day and can’t believe people are paying over sticker for them.

No hate

I feel like they did a good job of making it look like the 70s gen with the styling-modern touches with the oldschool lines & larger shell. Anything older/original is better to me by default just being they're OG & not trying to imitate anything. The day shall come when I get me a 1971 triple black Challenger shaker & park it next to my 2016.

You're not alone my brother also doesn't like the new Bronco. I like em but I really like em as a 2 door better because I'm bias- 2 doors>4doors. I don't get why people willingly pay these absurd ADM asking prices for these or any modern car really. I saw a Trex listed @ 115g at my local Dodge :lol: I mean who in their right mind pays 6 figures for any modern Dodge vehicle?

naw, i'm with you. its still nice, but its the new Wrangler.
Give me the old wrangler tbh
Gimme a 2 door Wrangler over a 2 door Bronco any day.
Bronco with a hard top is 10x better

But the soft top is just atrocious IMO
That was the one thing that made it look odd. If it's a Bronco or Wrangler hardtop is the only way to go. I think people get soft top for it's ease of use? Easier to pull & put back velcro than nuts & bolts- idk just a thought.

Anyone own/owned a base Macan? Any big problems? Looking to replace an older Lexus RX and the prices on the '17/'18s are looking pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom