\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So you didn't write in your post a few above (which I posted a screenshot) saying "Besides....get a real truck bro." I didn't write that? Maybe check on your short term memory? But what do I know.

Yikes ..I never said you were my bro. I just called you bro. Get it bro? Sheesh you're wound up tight.
Moving on.

Haven't taken the GN out for a spin since AZ pretty much shuts down for the summer car show wise
A homie and me went out to Streetside Classics show for a bit before it creeped into the 100's and both riding t-tops 🥵

This month getting the suspension worked on, new shocks, springs, UCA's, trailing arms etc, I was gonna go coilover but figured I'd give springs a shot first since its a cheaper buy, if I hate it I'll switch to coilovers at some point. Also going with some all around Baer brakes 4 piston 13" front and 12" rear gonna be an expensive month 🤕

Also copped a 9" pioneer floating screen, I been itching to install it but gonna hold out until I get all the speakers, amps and sub. My antenna doesn't work so the original radio is all static, it kills be to be riding so quietly (minus the engine/turbo noise, thats the consolation prize)

His with the Vader plate, and mine

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

These are RS-R best-i active coilovers. I actually helped with development. The only system that works with the Lexus adaptive suspension. Small motors adjust the coilover when you change from eco, comfort, normal, sport and sport +.

For now I lowered it 1” but after i add my wheels going to readjust. I have them set pretty stiff so with these crappy runflats the rear is a bit more fun. Changing back to Michelins will be the final touch and the car drives transformed.
That's crazy bro, awesome job in the design. What goes into the development for such a product. & how long before it's deemed ready for sale to the public? Yeah most people don't have a positive opinion on runflats, lol. Car looks sexy af & it's black which I absolutely ❤️.

My boy texted me some upgrades he's made to his garage to reflect his love for Mopar flavor. I love his beast-815whp 😱
IMG_3659.jpg
IMG_3661.jpg
IMG_3660.jpg

He texted you cause he got them little cute *** stickers? Tell him dont ever text you back til he gets some lifts, neon signs, a red Evo 8, Japanese girls in miniskirts, and There It Go playing through the speakers in his garage.

Last edited:
Took the hemi out couple of days ago for a fun little day trip to New Haven, CT for some 🍕 & 🍩. Cool cop outside the donut shop told me to let it rip without worrying about a ticket :pimp: . He was nothing but smiles when I peeled out
20220729_180436.jpg
20220729_191054.jpg
20220729_151210.jpg
20220729_150456.jpg
20220729_180353.jpg
20220729_154843.jpg
20220729_155442.jpg

I just got back from NY, and had a ton of pizza. What's with the broccoli though? :lol:

Went to Di Fara's in brooklyn (BOMB), Denino's, Angelos Coal Oven, and John's.

Haven't taken the GN out for a spin since AZ pretty much shuts down for the summer car show wise
A homie and me went out to Streetside Classics show for a bit before it creeped into the 100's and both riding t-tops 🥵

This month getting the suspension worked on, new shocks, springs, UCA's, trailing arms etc, I was gonna go coilover but figured I'd give springs a shot first since its a cheaper buy, if I hate it I'll switch to coilovers at some point. Also going with some all around Baer brakes 4 piston 13" front and 12" rear gonna be an expensive month 🤕

Also copped a 9" pioneer floating screen, I been itching to install it but gonna hold out until I get all the speakers, amps and sub. My antenna doesn't work so the original radio is all static, it kills be to be riding so quietly (minus the engine/turbo noise, thats the consolation prize)

His with the Vader plate, and mine

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG
There's a company that I went with that make nice aluminum hubs that will come adapters so you can run a 15' 6 piston Brembos if you want that extra stopping power.
20210220_165840.jpg

20211017_175835.jpg

I went with the 2014 Cts-v setup with the 2 peice rotor and 6 piston factory brembos
( rotors were new lmao)

Yikes ..I never said you were my bro. I just called you bro. Get it bro? Sheesh you're wound up tight.
Moving on.

No I don't get it. I'm dense like that. And I'm not wound up tight. I just don't like when someone spews BS about another's choices and mocks them. How about you stop being a damn jerk & bully to others? Seems like I'm not alone on that thought?

Last edited:
No I don't get it. I'm dense like that. How about you stop being a damn jerk & bully to others? Seems like I'm not alone on that thought?
What made you want the maverick over the tacoma? Is it purely because your getting one @ sticker? I like all kinds of trucks btw 😬

What made you want the maverick over the tacoma? Is it purely because your getting one @ sticker? I like all kinds of trucks btw 😬
my buddy had a new silverado but switched to the maverick simply because of gas mileage, he hauls around dirt bikes and camping gear and the maverick can fill that void perfectly. I imagine they perform solid even with 600 pounds in the bed and doesn't tow anything

where as a regular pickup truck is meant for loads between 1k-2k pounds i imagine

Back when I had my 2022 Silverado, the thing barely fit into my parking space downtown, there was basically no clearance from hitting the posted signs in the parking garage, and I would scrape the hanging signs when exiting.

I drove it all of 81 miles and sold it.

Plenty of reasons why one would choose a compact truck over a full size truck--to a point this argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

I have a Lucid on order, but part of me wishes I had gotten a Rivian R1T.

Back when I had my 2022 Silverado, the thing barely fit into my parking space downtown, there was basically no clearance from hitting the posted signs in the parking garage, and I would scrape the hanging signs when exiting.

Plenty of reasons why one would choose a compact truck over a full size truck--to a point this argument makes absolutely no sense at all.

Correct …but for someone who’s wound up tighter than a World Series ball it’s a home run.

Good question. First, the mileage. Once you have a car that constantly gets 40+ mpgs without even trying to game the system, you get spoiled by it. Since I'm on my 2nd Fusion Energi lease, the thought of a vehicle that drives like it with a small bed and higher seating position works great. I drove one back in October last year and loved it.

2nd was price. Won't lie, having a very nicely equipped model (at last year's price granted) come out to $27K list and X-Plan price just under 26K sale price is VERY appealing. Since I worked there for so long, my old boss (the dealer) has no problem ordering one for me at plan price (which is basically invoice BUT caps the DOC fee at $100) The state max was $398 when I left the business January 31, 2020, and I believe it's above $425 now. So a several hundred more savings.

And lastly, it's a Ford. I sold them for so freaking long, I enjoy driving them, love my Fusion I have now (but can't keep it knowing what the crazy value is right now vs the buyout at the end. I can make some serious money on selling it, which NEVER happens on these). And I know I won't get screwed by anyone since it was my place of employment for 23 years. 👍

my buddy had a new silverado but switched to the maverick simply because of gas mileage, he hauls around dirt bikes and camping gear and the maverick can fill that void perfectly. I imagine they perform solid even with 600 pounds in the bed and doesn't tow anything

where as a regular pickup truck is meant for loads between 1k-2k pounds i imagine

Thanks bud. Your friend gets it. What he is using a truck for, the Maverick is PERFECT for it. And he gets to double his MPGs easily.

Oh and the payload on these is at minimum 1,512 lbs for the Ecoboost AWD and goes up another 50lbs for the hybrid. Not bad at all. And they can tow 4K with the Ecoboost and 7-pin plug. So Ford was able to create a market that has been wanting a compact truck smaller than the current Ranger (which isn't a good truck. The new redesign looks MUCH better all around). 👍

A full size won't fit in my driveway, I can assure you that, lol. And don't fret on the Lucid. There is an old guy who comes to the local Cars & Coffee with his and it's a stunning car. That's what happens when you take a bunch of ex-Tesla engineers who are also car people and design a car. It's a huge step up vs a Tesla IMO. The back seat has so much leg room.

Oh, and speaking of a Rivian. Funny coincidence. My wife & I and a bunch of our friends were doing this Supercar Cruise in Morgantown PA yesterday. Over 300 cars of all types (exotic, sports, muscle, vintage) it was a HECK of a show. Once we all got to the end, we went to lunch and when her and I left, we took the turnpike back.

Almost at our exit, I see this vehicle coming up on us in the middle lane (we're in the far right as our exit is coming). I see the headlights flash, which turn off the LEDs momentarily, which confirms what I thought it was. A new Rivian. Thing was MOVING! We were in her two cars (she in her Gallardo and I was in the Lotus) going about 70 (the limit). Truck looked SO GOOD on the road! Presence, size is great and that tailgate with "RIVIAN" in bold letters looked AWESOME!! Hats off to them for making this truck a reality. 👍👍

There's a company that I went with that make nice aluminum hubs that will come adapters so you can run a 15' 6 piston Brembos if you want that extra stopping power.
20210220_165840.jpg

20211017_175835.jpg

I went with the 2014 Cts-v setup with the 2 peice rotor and 6 piston factory brembos
( rotors were new lmao)

i had the option to go to 6 piston 14"/13" Baers but decided not too, i dont need that much stopping power thats pretty much what corvettes got i believe. If i was gonna build the motor to a monster or go full LS turbo swap then for sure, but right now its just a reliable stage 1 cruiser that need better brakes.
Plus once i go 14's i can ride on stock wheels anymore, just in case something goes wrong with my current wheel set up. I plan on fully powder coating these GNXs all black so i need them to sit on the other set pretty easily. Aint gon lie, i was def tempted since the price diff for me was gonna be 9 bills to go up to those

i had the option to go to 6 piston 14"/13" Baers but decided not too, i dont need that much stopping power thats pretty much what corvettes got i believe. If i was gonna build the motor to a monster or go full LS turbo swap then for sure, but right now its just a reliable stage 1 cruiser that need better brakes.
Plus once i go 14's i can ride on stock wheels anymore, just in case something goes wrong with my current wheel set up. I plan on fully powder coating these GNXs all black so i need them to sit on the other set pretty easily. Aint gon lie, i was def tempted since the price diff for me was gonna be 9 bills to go up to those
Props for upgrading your brakes. So many people neglect because they say their stock ones are “good enough”. I’m scared to know how many Jeep and trucks are rolling on some heavy wheels and 37’s with stock brakes.

Back
Top Bottom