\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Im surprised more people dont do that right now, somehow getting cars close to MSRP then flipping them immediately for markup priced.

Either its hard to find cars consistently for MSRP and/or finding buyers, or its too much work, or people are doing it to a limit. Dont you need a dealer permit or something after you sell x amount of cars as an individual?

My boy texted me some upgrades he's made to his garage to reflect his love for Mopar flavor. I love his beast-815whp 😱
IMG_3659.jpg
IMG_3661.jpg
IMG_3660.jpg

Corrected
Funny! 👎👎 I'm buying one, what's so bad about it? Was going to order it Tuesday but Ford pushed back the opening of the order banks to mid September. So I gotta wait. But for what it is, I love it. Fits what I need perfectly. Being I have a 2019 Fusion Energi (plug in hybrid) Titanium that's a lease and Ford extended it a year due to inventory shortages. Since they don't make sedans anymore, and it being a hybrid, it's the perfect Fusion hybrid replacement. 👍

Just don't hit me with the "get a real truck" comments please. Don't need a full size truck, don't want a full size truck, don't have room to park a full size truck, and sure as he can't afford a full size truck ($50-60K yeah NO). This thing fits a nitch and I can't wait to order it.

Plus for an XLT Lux package from my old employer that I can get one for X-Plan (basically invoice), which is around $27k sale price AND I'll continue to get 40+ mpgs IN A TRUCK!! l take that ANY DAY!!! 👍👍

Last edited:
Im surprised more people dont do that right now, somehow getting cars close to MSRP then flipping them immediately for markup priced.

Either its hard to find cars consistently for MSRP and/or finding buyers, or its too much work, or people are doing it to a limit. Dont you need a dealer permit or something after you sell x amount of cars as an individual?

Dealer license? If you sell too many, Yes you do. Most states have a law on how many cars you can buy and sell in a calendar year (each state is different from what I remember) And your also creeping into territory in regards to needing to pay extra ncome tax on all the excess profit your making over the original MSRP of the car (it's documented how much you originally bought it for before the flip).

But here's my thing, and please don't kill the messenger. This is just a thought/opinion. One goes out and finds a good dealer who sells for MSRP whatever it is. Curses all the other dealers for charging more. But said person immediately upon receiving their registration, goes and flips it for a large profit (like that guy above selling his Maverick for $11k profit).

This person took advantage of a good store for not charging more (because they wanted to be decent). What makes him any different than the scummy dealers charging list when he himself took advantage of a good dealer who didn't kill him with any markups? I have some opinions on it. Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
I thought shoe resellers were bad…

Anyway zmaqbool zmaqbool , I got a dumb question. When you use a foam canon do you still have to use a wash mit? Or do you just foam it up and rinse it off?

I can partly answer this. If the car is ceramic coated, the soap will basically clean itself with no agitation. PPF alone may need the mitt to get off some bugs that are splattered on the film. No coatings, DEFINITELY need a wash mitt.

I use the MTM Hydro PF 22.2 Foam Cannon. It's pricey (I paid $90 2 years ago and it's been worth EVERY penny). Car looks like it's covered in marshmallow fluff. But I always use a wash mitt after it's been on for a few minutes with the 2 bucket method. Car comes out REALLY clean. 👍👍

Last edited:

Anyway zmaqbool zmaqbool , I got a dumb question. When you use a foam canon do you still have to use a wash mit? Or do you just foam it up and rinse it off?

I watch hella detail videos on youtube and almost everyone uses a foam wash, rinse, foam wash again and then use a mit or microber to wash the soap in and then rinse again. I thought the whole point of foam canon was a touchless wash and im thinking its probably good enough for a decent wash but those detail dudes on YT are doing it for a complete wash/detail for their customers and to make a good video.

Funny! 👎👎 I'm buying one, what's so bad about it? Was going to order it Tuesday but Ford pushed back the opening of the order banks to mid September. So I gotta wait. But for what it is, I love it. Fits what I need perfectly. Being I have a 2019 Fusion Energi Titanium that's a lease and Ford extended it a year due to inventory shortages. Since they don't make sedans anymore, and it being a hybrid, it's the perfect Fusion replacement. 👍

Just don't hit me with the "get a real truck" comments please. Don't need a full size truck, don't want a full size truck, don't have room to park a full size truck. This thing fits a nitch and I can't wait to order it.

Plus for an XLT Lux package from my old employer that I can get one for X-Plan (basically invoice), which is around $27k sale price AND I'll continue to get 40+ mpgs IN A TRUCK!! l take that ANYDAY!!! 👍👍
If you don’t need full sized truck you probably don’t need a truck and if your mpg conscious then are plenty of hybrid SUVs to meet your needs.

Besides ..Get a real truck bro.

I watch hella detail videos on youtube and almost everyone uses a foam wash, rinse, foam wash again and then use a mit or microber to wash the soap in and then rinse again. I thought the whole point of foam canon was a touchless wash and im thinking its probably good enough for a decent wash but those detail dudes on YT are doing it for a complete wash/detail for their customers and to make a good video.

Foam soap alone on a non ceramic coated car won't remove any stuff that's stuck on (road grime, bugs, etc). It will take off the dust and pollen, but not those dead bugs on the front bumper. Definitely need a mitt for that. 👍

You’d use a wash mitt no matter what if you want it to be really clean. The canon is more show than go. There are some on Amazon you can get relatively cheap that do the same as the pricey models.

If you don’t need full sized truck you probably don’t need a truck and if your mpg conscious then are plenty of hybrid SUVs to meet your needs.

Besides ..Get a real truck bro.

I plan on getting 2 9.5" Kayaks for my wife and I. With a bedrail mounted rack system. Also I have a 2 bike Kuat hitch mounted carrier I would leave in the bed under a locked tonneau cover. Again perfect for what I need. Basically a sedan with a small open bed instead of a trunk (but with a locking hard tonneau, it's works like a trunk.

I don't need an SUV. No kids, no dogs, and I like having the option to use a bed to get something large from a store if need be. Plus the small Ford ones, no thanks. Escape sucks. Sold them before I left. The redesign a few years back was just sad and mailed in. No Bronco Sport hybrid. And again, an Explorer is god awful for the $$$. I like my Fusion, they don't make one anymore, like the idea of putting the kayaks on a rack on the rails. It's what I want, what does it matter to you want I buy. They sold out the 2022 model year so a HELL of a lot of people are buying them. I don't go around telling others what to buy or mock them for their choices?

Oh and lastly, I'm not your bro!

Funny! 👎👎 I'm buying one, what's so bad about it? Was going to order it Tuesday but Ford pushed back the opening of the order banks to mid September. So I gotta wait. But for what it is, I love it. Fits what I need perfectly. Being I have a 2019 Fusion Energi (plug in hybrid) Titanium that's a lease and Ford extended it a year due to inventory shortages. Since they don't make sedans anymore, and it being a hybrid, it's the perfect Fusion hybrid replacement. 👍

Just don't hit me with the "get a real truck" comments please. Don't need a full size truck, don't want a full size truck, don't have room to park a full size truck, and sure as he can't afford a full size truck ($50-60K yeah NO). This thing fits a nitch and I can't wait to order it.

Plus for an XLT Lux package from my old employer that I can get one for X-Plan (basically invoice), which is around $27k sale price AND I'll continue to get 40+ mpgs IN A TRUCK!! l take that ANY DAY!!! 👍👍
LFG

So what’s the point of a foam canon if you still have to use a soap bucket? Seems like an extra step. Today I just used the pressure washer and soap spray to get the dust off. I then dried with detailing spray and it took me like 15 minutes to do the whole truck…it wasn’t really dirty though.

So what’s the point of a foam canon if you still have to use a soap bucket? Seems like an extra step. Today I just used the pressure washer and soap spray to get the dust off. I then dried with detailing spray and it took me like 15 minutes to do the whole truck…it wasn’t really dirty though.

Cause it looks cool on video duh.

And probably takes off more dirt so theres less of it to scrub around when you use a mitt.

No such thing as a dumb question 👍. Yes, I still use a wash mit. Imo, regardless if it's naked paint/ceramic coated paint or wrapped in PPF you still should use a mit to work in the soap. To me, just shooting the soap onto the car from a canon & than rinsing it doesn't do much.

The bugs, the road grime & little dirt particles need to be agitated first in order for them to be thoroughly washed off with watrr in the last step. Some detailers foam & rinse twice. Since my car is PPF'd I get a good amount of soap on & then with an Adam's microfiber mit work the soap in throughout the car for 5 mins & than rinse.

I plan on getting 2 9.5" Kayaks for my wife and I. With a bedrail mounted rack system. Also I have a 2 bike Kuat hitch mounted carrier I would leave in the bed under a locked tonneau cover. Again perfect for what I need. Basically a sedan with a small open bed instead of a trunk (but with a locking hard tonneau, it's works like a trunk.

I don't need an SUV. No kids, no dogs, and I like having the option to use a bed to get something large from a store if need be. Plus the small Ford ones, no thanks. Escape sucks. Sold them before I left. The redesign a few years back was just sad and mailed in. No Bronco Sport hybrid. And again, an Explorer is god awful for the $$$. I like my Fusion, they don't make one anymore, like the idea of putting the kayaks on a rack on the rails. It's what I want, what does it matter to you want I buy. They sold out the 2022 model year so a HELL of a lot of people are buying them. I don't go around telling others what to buy or mock them for their choices?

Oh and lastly, I'm not your bro!
There it is …I expected a novel and you delivered. Buy what you want and don’t get butt hurt if someone else doesn’t like it. Btw almost every model of every manufacturer “sold out” in 2022. It’s called a parts shortage. Lol

I never said you were my bro.

No such thing as a dumb question 👍. Yes, I still use a wash mit. Imo, regardless if it's naked paint/ceramic coated paint or wrapped in PPF you still should use a mit to work in the soap. To me, just shooting the soap onto the car from a canon & than rinsing it doesn't do much.

The bugs, the road grime & little dirt particles need to be agitated first in order for them to be thoroughly washed off with watrr in the last step. Some detailers foam & rinse twice. Since my car is PPF'd I get a good amount of soap on & then with an Adam's microfiber mit work the soap in throughout the car for 5 mins & than rinse.
Oh ok so you use it instead of a soap bucket. I’m gonna try it out when it comes time to actually wash my truck. I did a quick job yesterday and it rained this morning 😑🤣

There it is …I expected a novel and you delivered. Buy what you want and don’t get butt hurt if someone else doesn’t like it. Btw almost every model of every manufacturer “sold out” in 2022. It’s called a parts shortage. Lol

I never said you were my bro.

Screenshot_20220801-090927.png

So you didn't write in your post a few above (which I posted a screenshot) saying "Besides....get a real truck bro." I didn't write that? Maybe check on your short term memory? But what do I know.

Novel? Guess instead of offering factual reasons why I want one, maybe I just should have just told you to pound sand? 🤷 But, I'm not a bully like some. I like to talk cars and give reasons/facts but that's me.

Guess you were never heard, if you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything? There are a few cars I just do not like, but I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT when I see those cars. None of my business what someone wants to spend their $$ on. But hey, you do you! 👎

And yeah, I was in the business for a long dang time. I know more about it than most in this thread (including all the BS that comes with it). It was my entire adult life basically. The Maverick, they ended hybrid orders early because they sold more than they thought they would (they were wrong on the Ecoboost/hybrid order split by a lot. More wanted hybrid, Ford thought the other way).

Plus a starting MSRP of $20k for a hybrid XL with 40+ MPGs was VERY attractive to most. It's called creating a market & Ford did just that. Not everyone needs a full size truck. Hell, most don't even use a truck for what it's intended for. It became the new sedan. So please don't try and school me on the auto business.

Last edited:
Oh ok so you use it instead of a soap bucket. I’m gonna try it out when it comes time to actually wash my truck. I did a quick job yesterday and it rained this morning 😑🤣
I used the canon for the first time yesterday, ngl. I usually just use my soap bucket but yesterday since my bro got the canon a while ago I wanted to see what it's all about so I went Tony Montana with it 🤣 . I used the canon to lather on the soap...I barely used an ounce of soap & still got a massive amount out of it as seen in my pic.

I still used my soap bucket...had my mit in there soaked with soap & the bottom piece in the bucket with holes in it to scrub off dirt particles. Gave it a good scrub & than pressure washed it all off & than blow dried it. Ah man the :emoji_cloud_rain:got you? Lol. The truck is ceramic coated right. It'll be a breeze to blow dry it off or by using a microfiber towel. Def give the canon a try when it's actually dirty...you'll be able to get a lot more soap on it as opposed to the bucket method.

my friend was shopping for a new Golf R for a while. everywhere was selling for $60k. he managed to get a dealer to sell him for $5k over MSRP, which is $42k? i told him he should just sell it and wait until the market corrects. i personally wouldn't go out of my way to flip brand new cars though.

the chemicals you use are more important than you think. the foam is really to add lubrication to your car, so that the debris loosens up and washes off with the pressure washer. you then hand wash to clean off the dirt/bird droppings/etc left behind. if your car is relatively clean, you can get away with just foam cannon and pressure washer if your car is coated. ultimately, it depends on your definition of "clean" and how meticulous you are. i enjoy washing my car, so my process is what you'd see in the typical YT detailing videos. it takes me roughly an hour and half to clean my wheels, foam, 2 bucket wash, dry, and apply finishing spray and tire dressing.

Back
Top Bottom