\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

was checking out Ioniq 5 with my friend. I noticed the Sonoras they have. The N line cars are sex *** hell to me. They pushing 290hp. At around 36k. They are a good deal. Thinking of getting one.

My choices were
Keep rubicon 4xe
New type R
The new c300 from Mercedes
Wait for the dark horse mustang.

Last edited:
was checking out Ioniq 5 with my friend. I noticed the Sonoras they have. The N line cars are sex *** hell to me. They pushing 290hp. At around 36k. They are a good deal. Thinking of getting one.

My choices were
New type R
Wait for the mustang .
That’s what I’m doing
Gf has no clue
🤣

Took my car in to McKenna for some maintenance and they had the m4 gt3 chilling in the back
E3B9CDEE-891D-4C14-AACC-A90E7241F376.jpeg

726C63D1-2BF1-4021-9180-058DC86FE770.jpeg

Last edited:

My choices were
Keep rubicon 4xe
New type R
How do you like your 4xe?

My choices were
Keep rubicon 4xe
New type R

Dark Horse (in Blue Ember) is awesome! But it's gonna be over $60K with all options (plus the one inevitable ADM). 😕

Curious what the Aventador replacement looks like. Would be hard to outdo that. Still looks like it came out today. It aged really well or it was ahead of its time.
Nerdy car designer fact:

It was one of the only cars made entirely from one tool in Alias Autodesk, (which is super rare,-any senior design student can replicate the design w/the square tool) and most of Lamborghinis VW group sourced designers come from the Golf/Polo studio. (Once you can design a successful B-C class car, you can design anything) It’s a fun car you can replicate in modeling software in maybe 12 hours from a surfacing transition perspective.

Last edited:
Someone backed into my Taycan the other day in parking lot at work. Got them on video backing into it, stopping because they realized they hit it, turning, and then leaving the scene. Scraped it up a little but not too bad. We have tags from video but police say they can’t do anything because it was in parking lot and won’t give me owner’s name.

Someone backed into my Taycan the other day in parking lot at work. Got them on video backing into it, stopping because they realized they hit it, turning, and then leaving the scene. Scraped it up a little but not too bad. We have tags from video but police say they can’t do anything because it was in parking lot and won’t give me owner’s name.

That sucks buddy. As someone who was hit and run a few months ago (and got the tag from my dash cam), just report it to your insurance company. They can get the other owner's name, address, etc, and then get their insurance information and go after them. That's what I did. Though mine happened on a street while I was parallel parked, the police got me the name but no insurance info. My company got it and then I went after their insurance myself. They paid me more than the damage cost me to fix (entire mirror & paint). Just send the video evidence to your agent and it will get taken care of. 👍

sheesh thats the worst

happened at my job back before covid :lol:

found the culprit
but yea best of luck, i saw a taycan gts yesterday and man its bootyfull

Tesla is set to take delivery of its 9,000 ton Giga press which will provide stampings for the Cybertruck. This looks finally finished (lower cladding, tow hook, bumper gap) production wise. I’m curious to see the final torsion strength numbers on this thing. The shape (truss) in theory should provide some really good numbers there.

E48A49FC-690A-43E3-9EAA-7C74274C41A5.jpeg
99D47524-DDD9-428C-9007-1DCA9F1800DB.jpeg
894EA9B8-DCAC-4D7F-906B-3CF430571348.jpeg
C1ECF154-DE64-4BC4-B2D6-BBB20FD84F75.jpeg
67FE7962-896A-4A11-ACDB-049AF0919C72.jpeg
C714F839-6431-4592-AA68-0F2EED55CEA9.jpeg

Attachments

• 38783012-B5EE-492C-B06C-B201CBD513DC.jpeg
    38783012-B5EE-492C-B06C-B201CBD513DC.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 754C18A0-C394-4405-A5A0-1A3BB63C0BF8.jpeg
    754C18A0-C394-4405-A5A0-1A3BB63C0BF8.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 10
Tesla is set to take delivery of its 9,000 ton Giga press which will provide stampings for the Cybertruck. This looks finally finished (lower cladding, tow hook, bumper gap) production wise. I’m curious to see the final torsion strength numbers on this thing. The shape (truss) in theory should provide some really good numbers there.

E48A49FC-690A-43E3-9EAA-7C74274C41A5.jpeg
99D47524-DDD9-428C-9007-1DCA9F1800DB.jpeg
Windshield wiper looks like an afterthought

A predictable outcome with that shape and windshield size. Concept in yellow-production in red. Much like the Countach, I don’t think those details will
matter to buyers looking for a statement.

410E9621-228D-4801-A75F-2AB8298C7D03.jpeg
11AC8F89-B770-41CD-B831-16E2E99B63DD.jpeg
E4EE2701-5D63-4FD4-A16D-5DF6A78DF168.jpeg
21E091BB-9153-414E-9427-BF4B24F77663.jpeg

Still the most polarizing car produced in the last half century. Was so far ahead of it's time compared to the cars on the road at the same time. Never forget seeing one for the first time in a Lamborghini book my 4th grade classmate brought to class ('86). Was absolutely FLOORED when I saw it. Never seen ANYTHING like it. Got home and asked my mom to take me to the book store and I found it. Must have stared at the pictures 100 times.

Funny thing, that yellow car above is NOT the actual prototype. It's a remake, made by Lamborghini, for a very high end client. Car was unveiled at Ville d'Este 2021. Here's the article.

You'll notice the same photos you posted are in this link. Lamborghini used the prototype in the museum for all measurements and replications.

And as you see, Gandini didn't like they redid it. Here is the oldest surviving car, prototype #2 It's a green car (I remember this as I have the Kyosho 1:18 scale diecast in my collection). Not sure the original color, but it was repainted green a short bit after it's unveiling. It's vin #1120001. It's a fixture at the museum in Sant-Agata. Here's a story about it from the Countach 50th anniversary at Pebble recently.

The actual prototype here below from a photo in '71, was lost as they had to crash test it.
lamborghini_countach_1971_2-1.jpg

So they remade the new car off info from anything they had (photos, drawing, interviewing old employees, and the green car above). I think it came out wonderfully. 👍

Yes Wallace crashed the first one, or it caught fire-the magnesium construction envisioned for it wasn’t ready for full scale production at the time. Lamborghini was strapped for cash at the time, so the original show car was pressed into validation duty. It lacked some of the ‘pureness’ in the wonderful surface transitions in the rear hunches, but much like Tesla today, without the benefit of huge advertising (in Lamborghinis case, racing ala Ferrari) budgets/heritage like Ford/GM/Ram-Tesla had to go BIG on the styling (i.e. it’s shape IS the advertising). I laughed when the CT was relieved as I knew the purpose from an engineering and sales POV immediately.

Back to the past, I personally preferred the GTO and later the Testarossa surface wise, but I get the attraction. Or the original inspiration for the Lamborghini, the Alfa Carabo in 1968. Gandini himself pretty much overlayed that design for Lamborghini when Alfa said no.

DF8602D4-83D7-4116-8E69-0307FDAECFC4.jpeg

What is also noteworthy is Tesla transitioned to a more angular design language as well for the CT. I’m sure this wasn’t lost on Franz.

Last edited:
Yes Wallace crashed the first one, or it caught fire-the magnesium construction envisioned for it wasn’t ready for full scale production at the time. Lamborghini was strapped for cash at the time, so the original show car was pressed into validation duty. It lacked some of the ‘pureness’ in the wonderful surface transitions in the rear hunches, but much like Tesla today, without the benefit of huge advertising (in Lamborghinis case, racing ala Ferrari) budgets/heritage like Ford/GM/Ram-Tesla had to go BIG on the styling (i.e. it’s shape IS the advertising). I laughed when the CT was relieved as I knew the purpose from an engineering and sales POV immediately.

Back to the past, I personally preferred the GTO and later the Testarossa surface wise, but I get the attraction. Or the original inspiration for the Lamborghini, the Alfa Carabo in 1968. Gandini himself pretty much overlayed that design for Lamborghini when Alfa said no.

DF8602D4-83D7-4116-8E69-0307FDAECFC4.jpeg

What is also noteworthy is Tesla transitioned to a more angular design language as well for the CT. I’m sure this wasn’t lost on Franz.

Always loved the Carabo. Such a crazy design back in the last 60s. Would work perfectly today. 👍

hmm the Carabo kinda reminds me of a Vector ( W8 I think is the model, maybe there are others)

I won’t speak ill of those who have transitioned, but to some Gerald Wiegert wasn’t well regarded in the community as most of those designs were overlayed from student projects while he was at art center-let’s just say Vectors designs weren’t around when Giugiaro/Gandini were at there respective peaks within the industry. The work speaks for itself.

hmm the Carabo kinda reminds me of a Vector ( W8 I think is the model, maybe there are others)

It definitely does. And your right. The W8 Twin Turbo was the car that everyone talked about.
1991-Vector-W8-Twin-Turbo-2.jpg
1991-Vector-W8-Twin-Turbo-4.jpg
f926b97433ff60ed120265f46aae798f--car-garage-fast-cars.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

The original W2 was the first car Gerald Weigert made.
VectorW2silver.jpg

Threw everyone for a loop as it was so out there from a relative no name company (vs Ferrari & Lamborghini)

Then you had the Vector Avtech WX3 coupe & roadster.
1993-Vector-Avtech-WX-3-Prototype_0-2000x1334.jpg
1993-Vector-Avtech-WX-3R-Roadster-Prototype_0-1000x667.jpg

Cool side story. These were prototypes, that Gerald would drive around California when Vector wasn't really doing anything. They eventually went up for sale and Kris Singh (from Instagram and hypercar fame. He's a hedge fund guy) bought them both and had them sent to get completely restored. But since he gave up IG, don't know what came of them. But the colors are AWESOME!

And lastly, The M12 was essentially a Diablo with a different body on it.
Vector-M12-1.jpg

Steve Waldie in NJ (Interstate Motorsports has a black one). These are pretty slick looking.

But nothing beats a W8. Would love to see one ONE TIME! in the metal. 🙏🙏

Vector is a very unique and interesting name in the auto world. Shame he couldn't make it work. And sadly, he passed last year. But he had a interesting life. If you want a good read, check this link out.

That isn't much, and there is a FANTASTIC story by Road and Track but it's freaking paywalled 😡 I read it in the magazine and it was insane to say the least. RIP Gerry.

Oh, another quirky thing. That pic of Doug doing a video? That was in NJ. Someone there owns this red car. You'll notice the wheels are a lot larger. The original car was 15" or 16" ones no longer available and tire choices are rather slim for such a small diameter (but very wide). So someone in the Vector community makes 18" wheels (so more tires choices are available) in the exact same style. Pretty cool.

I won’t speak ill of those who have transitioned, but to some Gerald Wiegert wasn’t well regarded in the community as most of those designs were overlayed from student projects while he was at art center-let’s just say Vectors designs weren’t around when Giugiaro/Gandini were at there respective peaks within the industry. The work speaks for itself.

Beat me to it. Weigert wasn't loved too well. And in the end, holding up in his company (behind locked doors) after he was forced out was one crazy story (I believe I got that right).

Back
Top Bottom