\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

That sucks buddy. As someone who was hit and run a few months ago (and got the tag from my dash cam), just report it to your insurance company. They can get the other owner's name, address, etc, and then get their insurance information and go after them. That's what I did. Though mine happened on a street while I was parallel parked, the police got me the name but no insurance info. My company got it and then I went after their insurance myself. They paid me more than the damage cost me to fix (entire mirror & paint). Just send the video evidence to your agent and it will get taken care of. 👍
I appreciate it. One thing I am curious about is if I will be able to recoup depreciation due to the title now showing that it has been hit and also for new ceramic coating after work is done. Have a few good attorneys that I can throw after them.

I appreciate it. One thing I am curious about is if I will be able to recoup depreciation due to the title now showing that it has been hit and also for new ceramic coating after work is done. Have a few good attorneys that I can throw after them.

Yes you can make a depreciation claim against the third party carrier as long as it is within their limits

The deprecation claim might be difficult, but the coating will be no issue as long as you have a receipt for the original work in my experience.

It's all based on whether the Carfax will show the accident or not. Most Carfax reports are from police reports, not insurance company claims or body shop reports. If you didn't file a police report, it most likely won't show on the Carfax.

In terms of diminished value, that's all based on if you can get a hold of the person who hit you and their insurance company. That's who you want to go after. My hit & run, while minor, hasn't shown up on the Carfax yet. I have a feeling it will eventually as a police report was filed. The insurance company of the person who hit me, declined my request for it but said I had 2 years to file and to check Carfax. They said, once it shows up (as minor damage, minor accident, whatever) to call back and then they would discuss it.

Honestly, wasting money on a lawyer for a small impact in a parking lot like that will take longer. If you have video proof they hit you, and the receipt from your Ceramic Coat, once you get a hold of their insurance and show them the proof, it's pretty cut and dry. No need to blow money for an attorney. But it's imperative to get the person's info from their plate. That's why you go through your company to start.

And yes, I'd keep track of Carfax if you have access to it. But without it snowing up, some insurance companies won't deal with diminished value. But being the type of car it is, and the video proof (that it's going to involve body shop repairs) then you should get something for your trouble. Good luck. Feel free to reach out with any questions. 👍

Tesla is set to take delivery of its 9,000 ton Giga press which will provide stampings for the Cybertruck. This looks finally finished (lower cladding, tow hook, bumper gap) production wise. I’m curious to see the final torsion strength numbers on this thing. The shape (truss) in theory should provide some really good numbers there.

E48A49FC-690A-43E3-9EAA-7C74274C41A5.jpeg
99D47524-DDD9-428C-9007-1DCA9F1800DB.jpeg
894EA9B8-DCAC-4D7F-906B-3CF430571348.jpeg
C1ECF154-DE64-4BC4-B2D6-BBB20FD84F75.jpeg
67FE7962-896A-4A11-ACDB-049AF0919C72.jpeg
C714F839-6431-4592-AA68-0F2EED55CEA9.jpeg

Glad i have an order in, thang looking nice

Went to a huge C&C in Gap, Pa. Great time, but between the dude wiping out trying to do a wheelie (and landed on his back, no helmet, and he had a loaded handgun on him that popped out of his pocket (which was quickly moved from what some say. Probably didn't have a carry conceal license). Bike was THISCLOSE to hitting a brand new X5M. That whole scene got people's attention.

But the other more interesting story, was this was at our usual spot today (which most of us didn't go to).
Screenshot_20221105-143926.png
Screenshot_20221105-143933.png
Screenshot_20221105-143938.png
Screenshot_20221105-143943.png
Screenshot_20221105-143955.png
Screenshot_20221105-143950.png
Screenshot_20221105-144001.png

Yup, a Koenigsegg is now in the Philly burbs! 😱😱 Hopefully weather is good next weekend as I'm sure he'll bring it out again. I can't wait to finally see a Regera in person! 👍

Went to a huge C&C in Gap, Pa. Great time, but between the dude wiping out trying to do a wheelie (and landed on his back, no helmet, and he had a loaded handgun on him that popped out of his pocket (which was quickly moved from what some say. Probably didn't have a carry conceal license). Bike was THISCLOSE to hitting a brand new X5M. That whole scene got people's attention.

But the other more interesting story, was this was at our usual spot today (which most of us didn't go to).
Screenshot_20221105-143926.png
Screenshot_20221105-143933.png
Screenshot_20221105-143938.png
Screenshot_20221105-143943.png
Screenshot_20221105-143955.png
Screenshot_20221105-143950.png
Screenshot_20221105-144001.png

Yup, a Koenigsegg is now in the Philly burbs! 😱😱 Hopefully weather is good next weekend as I'm sure he'll bring it out again. I can't wait to finally see a Regera in person! 👍
That’s a gorgeous car, dear lord.

Tired of seeing cheese wedge looking cars and convo. Neer to hear about overnight parts from Japan and 2jz engines pls.

Im new to the luxury car game. Test drove an X5 this weekend and fell in love. If they can get to our number i am al in. but not looking good lol

Remember how I posted back in summer my car was stalling between 1st & 2nd gears when I would drive it in manual mode. So I FINALLY got an open slot to bring it in today for them to properly look at it. Just dropped it off & I should be hearing back in couple of days.

I drove it a bit hard hard & mostly in manual on my way to the shop & it didn't stall whatsoever. Jim tells me since it was summer when it was stalling it can be a combo of the cams & weather/temps. Something is not right in the fuel map I'm sure.

A local dealership let me have a non extended mile Lightning for 24hrs… it was a lariat model so the interior was definitely top notch for a truck ( I personally like it better than Ram but I couldn’t argue if someone thought Ram was better) .

It was different for sure because I know how a typical F150 feels and handles and this wasn’t it. If felt much much heavier yet more planted. The sport mode made a significant difference in throttle response ( which surprised me considering it’s an EV) and lastly, for it only having 426hp and weighting 9k or more lbs holy **** that thing moved the **** out ( for a truck) . I have driven modded Raptors, TRXs and tuned powerstrokes and this felt the fastest.

With all that said man that was a very boring ride, it didn’t feel special. Just completely silence and a smooth ride so I completely understand what ppl say about not having a ( soul) and lacking the fun car experience but for me I’m ok with that. Im 41yrnold now so the old man in me enjoyed the relaxing feeling of tranquility and peace and quiet. Ten years ago I daily drove a Cattless Tuned 6.2 C63AMG and loved every minute of it but now I guess I’ve turned into the old guy that pumps his fist at the obnoxiously loud 5.0s and hellcats lol

Batteries are heavy but having them mounted between the axles and under the floor does two things:

Essentially makes a car/truck mid engined

Lowers the CG

Which makes handling behavior markably more entertaining vs the equivalent ICE car when properly set up.

I think the next progression is to tune EV motors to whine a lot more-from an engineering POV they make some very interesting sounds, but far off from its ICE counterparts, absolutely.

Looks like I’ll been keeping her a little bit longer. I waited months for this car and not being able to take it home was one of the most exciting but heartbreaking days I’ve had recently.
Ran into rates changing from March until now. Banks have been getting tighter with higher loans as well.
Also a few things in my personal life changed dramatically.
I could’ve got it but it just wouldn’t have been the most responsive thing to do at this current moment. (Being an adult is trash at times)
I knew there was no getting out of 1k without something substantial which I was prepared for but man $1700 with my interest I couldn’t swing it. I recently got a ticket and shot my insurance up an extra $60 bucks….it was a wrap.

Not giving up I’ll grab a widebody Hellcat one of these days.

7D432C60-5E63-4063-9A3C-54CE6689BB59.jpeg
A324BADE-4E5B-45FA-B732-E65CD9CCE937.jpeg
93D8F166-9A78-436F-A534-AD89E0CD98B4.jpeg

Last edited:
as someone that does detailing on the side, i'm not taking the time to brush your carpet if you're only paying $50
i didn't mention carpet :lol:

the center console where the gear shifter is and cup holders isn't wiped down or vaccummed the last couple times he came by

its technically not a detail persay just a car wash and cleaning which in my head means the whole car is cleaned but u not getting a wax or polishh or anything extra, just a spotless vehicle

Back
Top Bottom