\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Very true. Some need to think about what would the reception been like had Honda not names it NSX. It could have would have gotten lost in a sea of supercars with a (insert name) here. Anything generic probably wouldn't have drawn the attention it did with the original name.

What do you mean the Z06 has the "spirit" of the original NSX? I think it's rather pricey with a good amount of options on it. If I had to find a modern car that was the essence of the OG NSX, it was the Evora GT. I've read it in reviews that many have said it (and I believe it now that one is in our garage. It's brilliant).
Yes-if you were to overlay an 1rst gen NSX-you'd get something in the Cayman/Lotus class more so the 911 Turbo class and up where the current one sits. But assuming '$125K+ Supercar' assignment is the only path the Z06 has:

Relative purchase accessibility (dealer markups not withstanding).

High revving N/A engine in a sea of forced induction competitors.

Comfortable cabin from an ingress/egress POV/control usage-can fit a large degree of body types (relative-this is still a modern mid engined car).

Can be used as an everyday driver.

RWD (i.e. handling 'purity')

Now the Z06 is definitely more 'race car' (see American influence-there was no way in hell GM Motorsport wasn't going to leave a very tangible imprint on this project)-but adjusted for expectations, (Supercar class gestation) the Z06 is more of a conceptual NSX then the outgoing one.

I hate the 'adjusted for inflation' argument-but of note the original NSX is more expensive in todays $$$ than the base Z06-which is an amazing drive.

The NSX was always destined to fail because Acura never elevated their brand. When the car was launched their next most powerful car was a rlx hybrid no one knew existed with 377hp. Then what the tlx lol. No coupe to try to draw a relation to. Nope they used their crossovers. Weird flex. The dealer experience, quality and everything in between was in a space of average. Thus it mostly was sold to Honda fans who did well later in life.

Secondly being built in the USA did it no favors. Look at how they are shipping the CTR to Japan to be assembled because they know that means something. Then the C8 comes and is the better performing and much cheaper car made in the USA. If I’m spending that coin on a Japanese car, I want it made there.

Third it broke no new ground. No track records. No amazing fuel efficiency with the hybrid. At best you could call it a budget 918 but then it’s missing the V-8. It wasn’t light, That said it performed solid. It was quick, it handled well, it braked well. Just not really better than anything in that space or price. The GT-R was still faster. Some people don’t like the styling but I think it looks good.

Fourth the price was ridiculous. The only time this car moved was when they put 30 grand on the hood. It showed immediately the disconnect between the product, image and pricing.

Fifth that interior is horrendous at any price let alone 160-220k

Sixth it doesn’t make much sound from
the V-6tt. A crucial part is sound and it has none.

Even with that said I have a soft spot for it. In a sea of Huracans it’s different. Note how exotic brands are moving to ttV-6 hybrids. The Type S is the one to get and they should have launched with that car, not ended with it. Reliability seems very good for an exotic.

Finally I think if they just kept it made it in Japan, kept it lightweight and dropped the hybrid and sold it for 100-120k it would have done much much better. Or keep it as it was and lower the price to 120-150k. Then it would be a bargain which is where Acura used to be.

I get the halo car thing but you coudve had some nods in the design, like what Toyota did with the MK5 Supra. Headlights are similar to the MK4. Thats all. :lol: Theres literally not one design cue that I can see. Maybe you can see something I dont.
But the Halo car thing is the crux here, unfortunately. Unlike GM with the Camaro, who had the Corvette as the 'halo'-this was battling not only the transition to what 'supercar' means today vs 1990-but it had to represent the brand 100% (i.e. use the current design language to 'lift' the brand).

But to your point, perhaps more of a 'heritage' model would have brought more intrest.

And there is little to know bridge from the the first NSX stylistically.

Now that we are on the subject, I really don't think the 5th gen Camaro gets the credit it deserves. It was problematic from a sightline POV, but GM hit that one out of the park.

Very true. Some need to think about what would the reception been like had Honda not names it NSX. It could have would have gotten lost in a sea of supercars with a (insert name) here. Anything generic probably wouldn't have drawn the attention it did with the original name.

What do you mean the Z06 has the "spirit" of the original NSX? I think it's rather pricey with a good amount of options on it. If I had to find a modern car that was the essence of the OG NSX, it was the Evora GT. I've read it in reviews that many have said it (and I believe it now that one is in our garage. It's brilliant).

Indeed Lotus is giving us relatively affordable lightweight engaging sports cars. Good call there.

Here's my dd "dad mobile"

20221207_103401.jpg

Indeed Lotus is giving us relatively affordable lightweight engaging sports cars. Good call there.

Do yourself a favor. Go online and search for Evora GTs in your area for sale. If there's one near you (within a 1-2 hour drive)....GO DRIVE IT!!! It's hard to explain the brand, until one experiences it and THEN they get it and realize how good the car truly is. 👍

Do yourself a favor. Go online and search for Evora GTs in your area for sale. If there's one near you (within a 1-2 hour drive)....GO DRIVE IT!!! It's hard to explain the brand, until one experiences it and THEN they get it and realize how good the car truly is. 👍

My neighbor has one. He hates it when I say, "nice camry.......engine" haha

I don’t fit well inside 🥺

My neighbor has one. He hates it when I say, "nice camry.......engine" haha

Your neighbor sounds like he's wound too tight. He definitely needs a sense of humor 😂. Don't know why he takes offense so much about this. 🤷 It's a wonderful thing, that 2GR-FE Toyota V6. Bulletproof, incredibly easy to work on, parts are pennies on the dollar compared to cars in it's class (they don't call it a "Porsche tax" for nothing). Whenever we're out in the car and people ask questions, I gladly say it's a Camry engine, that's been seriously reworked. It's a HUGE selling point to the car. And with the 3rd cat delete, it's SCREAMS!!

Our friend has a McLaren MP4-12C and he can't get over how Lotus made a Camry engine sound so freaking good.

Your neighbor sounds like he's wound too tight. He definitely needs a sense of humor 😂. Don't know why he takes offense so much about this. 🤷 It's a wonderful thing, that 2GR-FE Toyota V6. Bulletproof, incredibly easy to work on, parts are pennies on the dollar compared to cars in it's class (they don't call it a "Porsche tax" for nothing). Whenever we're out in the car and people ask questions, I gladly say it's a Camry engine, that's been seriously reworked. It's a HUGE selling point to the car. And with the 3rd cat delete, it's SCREAMS!!

Our friend has a McLaren MP4-12C and he can't get over how Lotus made a Camry engine sound so freaking good.

100% the car sounds fantastic.

The NSX was always destined to fail because Acura never elevated their brand. When the car was launched their next most powerful car was a rlx hybrid no one knew existed with 377hp. Then what the tlx lol. No coupe to try to draw a relation to. Nope they used their crossovers. Weird flex. The dealer experience, quality and everything in between was in a space of average. Thus it mostly was sold to Honda fans who did well later in life.

Secondly being built in the USA did it no favors. Look at how they are shipping the CTR to Japan to be assembled because they know that means something. Then the C8 comes and is the better performing and much cheaper car made in the USA. If I’m spending that coin on a Japanese car, I want it made there.

Third it broke no new ground. No track records. No amazing fuel efficiency with the hybrid. At best you could call it a budget 918 but then it’s missing the V-8. It wasn’t light, That said it performed solid. It was quick, it handled well, it braked well. Just not really better than anything in that space or price. The GT-R was still faster. Some people don’t like the styling but I think it looks good.

Fourth the price was ridiculous. The only time this car moved was when they put 30 grand on the hood. It showed immediately the disconnect between the product, image and pricing.

Fifth that interior is horrendous at any price let alone 160-220k

Sixth it doesn’t make much sound from
the V-6tt. A crucial part is sound and it has none.

Even with that said I have a soft spot for it. In a sea of Huracans it’s different. Note how exotic brands are moving to ttV-6 hybrids. The Type S is the one to get and they should have launched with that car, not ended with it. Reliability seems very good for an exotic.

Finally I think if they just kept it made it in Japan, kept it lightweight and dropped the hybrid and sold it for 100-120k it would have done much much better. Or keep it as it was and lower the price to 120-150k. Then it would be a bargain which is where Acura used to be.
Like most asian "super cars" of the 90's, the previous NSX gain cult status after its death. The NSX sales were ok, but considered a poor mans Ferrari. When it first came to the US it was an Honda NSX. After its death, the super cars had begun to take the fun out of the drive with all the electronic nannies and assistance. The dead NSX was an analog driving experience. Not to mention reliably. At this point the are investment pieces. I predict the previous NSX will gain cult status once the EU Super Cars go electric.

Asian manufacture were never trying to elevate their brands. They just want to make great driving machines. I read recently their are still untitled LFA's out there.

Like most asian "super cars" of the 90's, the previous NSX gain cult status after its death. The NSX sales were ok, but considered a poor mans Ferrari. When it first came to the US it was an Honda NSX. After its death, the super cars had begun to take the fun out of the drive with all the electronic nannies and assistance. The dead NSX was an analog driving experience. Not to mention reliably. At this point the are investment pieces. I predict the previous NSX will gain cult status once the EU Super Cars go electric.

Asian manufacture were never trying to elevate their brands. They just want to make great driving machines. I read recently their are still untitled LFA's out there.

They were about elevating the brand. The NSX elevated Honda and Acura into a realm not thought possible. The NSX was a halo to the brand which eventually brought us the Integra GS-R then Type R, Legend GS manual etc. We know how the NSX completely changed the sports car market. It won or fared very well in every comparison. It was a legend during production. The NSX Type R won EVO car of the year. An expensive Acura was always and still is a hard sell and they barely changed it over 10 years or so.

The LFA took that to a completely different stratosphere and was meant to showcase Lexus ultimate sports car abilities. It was a Lexus only and it did sell out. People saw untitled LFA’s as dealer owners registered them later on. It briefly held the Nurburgring lap record. Clarkson called it his favorite car of all time. A 350-425k Lexus was always confusing to people who didn’t understand it was one of the few carbon tub V-10 vehicles made in house. I totally agree the price and brand were a tough sell. The RC F and GS F followed. The IS F wasn’t meant intially for production but was approved. Technically the LFA was to launch the F brand not the IS F.

Current used NSX prices have now held but I think it’s less about the car and more just the crazy market we are in. The car was at auction for under 100k just a couple years ago. I do think it being a different alternative will help it. Sadly it doesn’t help Acura who is in business to sell new cars not used ones.

The once mocked LFA is now a 700k-1.2 million dollar car. Absolutely unheard of for a Japanese car. It’s legend continues to grow and rumors of a new sports car from Lexus are growing.

Exotics and Porsche will always dominate this scene. It’s cool every once in awhile something different comes along.

Am I wrong for NOT feeling sorry for anyone there? Illegal takeover shows where dumbass owners do stupid illegal crap (street racing, donuts, etc) is not something I feel sorry for. If you see what's going on is at ANY POINT IN TIME illegal, leave. Then you won't be involved in any way.

The only people I feel for are innocent bystanders who get caught up in this crap. Like what happened down at that stupid H2Oi show in OC Maryland. The accident took out regular people who had NOTHING to do with them. Sad, as this is what gives the car community a bad name & reputation.

Last edited:
Am I wrong for NOT feeling sorry for anyone there? Illegal takeover shows where dumbass owners do stupid illegal crap (street racing, donuts, etc) is not something I feel sorry for. If you see what's going on is at ANY POINT IN TIME illegal, leave. Then you won't be involved in any way.

Takeovers been bad here in Atlanta. smh

They were about elevating the brand. The NSX elevated Honda and Acura into a realm not thought possible. The NSX was a halo to the brand which eventually brought us the Integra GS-R then Type R, Legend GS manual etc. We know how the NSX completely changed the sports car market. It won or fared very well in every comparison. It was a legend during production. The NSX Type R won EVO car of the year. An expensive Acura was always and still is a hard sell and they barely changed it over 10 years or so.

The LFA took that to a completely different stratosphere and was meant to showcase Lexus ultimate sports car abilities. It was a Lexus only and it did sell out. People saw untitled LFA’s as dealer owners registered them later on. It briefly held the Nurburgring lap record. Clarkson called it his favorite car of all time. A 350-425k Lexus was always confusing to people who didn’t understand it was one of the few carbon tub V-10 vehicles made in house. I totally agree the price and brand were a tough sell. The RC F and GS F followed. The IS F wasn’t meant intially for production but was approved. Technically the LFA was to launch the F brand not the IS F.

Current used NSX prices have now held but I think it’s less about the car and more just the crazy market we are in. The car was at auction for under 100k just a couple years ago. I do think it being a different alternative will help it. Sadly it doesn’t help Acura who is in business to sell new cars not used ones.

The once mocked LFA is now a 700k-1.2 million dollar car. Absolutely unheard of for a Japanese car. It’s legend continues to grow and rumors of a new sports car from Lexus are growing.

Exotics and Porsche will always dominate this scene. It’s cool every once in awhile something different comes along.

I LOVE the LFA! Best sounding factory stock exhaust in a car PERIOD!! Sounds like a F1 car circa mid 2000s. So underappreciated when they came out. Just think, it was all set to go into production, then Akio Toyoda said "let's make the car out of carbon fiber instead of aluminum" and they started over! 😳 So much so, that to do it right, they created their own carbon fiber loom. It's an amazing work of art to see function

Then to have a bespoke N/A v10 made by Yamaha. 🤤🤤🤤 One that revs so fast, an analog tach couldn't keep up, so a digital dash was necessary. It's insane! On and to keep the speculators (aka car flippers) at bay, the cars were a 2-year lease. The best video I've ever seen in the car is from SavageGeese. Really goes in depth why the car is so much money and why servicing takes the time it does.

I know it's a 48 minute video, bit it's absolutely fascinating. The best look inside the car and all it offers. The ordering book with the colors is awesome. It's worth a watch. You'll learn so much about the car and gain an all new appreciation for it. It's a special car.

I LOVE the LFA! Best sounding factory stock exhaust in a car PERIOD!! Sounds like a F1 car circa mid 2000s. So underappreciated when they came out. Just think, it was all set to go into production, then Akio Toyoda said "let's make the car out of carbon fiber instead of aluminum" and they started over! 😳 So much so, that to do it right, they created their own carbon fiber loom. It's an amazing work of art to see function

Then to have a bespoke N/A v10 made by Yamaha. 🤤🤤🤤 One that revs so fast, an analog tach couldn't keep up, so a digital dash was necessary. It's insane! On and to keep the speculators (aka car flippers) at bay, the cars were a 2-year lease. The best video I've ever seen in the car is from SavageGeese. Really goes in depth why the car is so much money and why servicing takes the time it does.

I know it's a 48 minute video, bit it's absolutely fascinating. The best look inside the car and all it offers. The ordering book with the colors is awesome. It's worth a watch. You'll learn so much about the car and gain an all new appreciation for it. It's a special car.

Yessir! Been fortunate enough to drive them on the road and track. Absolutely special. A couple local to atlanta and a friend is a yolo guy. Drives is anywhere

FYI i’m. posting a bit cause i’m sick at home and happy when i get an alert lmfao

Man, I remember back in 2001, I entertained the idea of a '94 NSX-T.

I found one for sale locally and met with the original owner and test drove it. It was a dream car for me when I was a kid, and I really love everything about the car - the interior to me, is still very special and I love that Senna had a hand in developing the handling.

She wanted $35K. I had been coming off an FD RX7, so instead of buying the NSX, I bought an E46 M3 instead. Still a great car, and I loved but it, but the NSX was/is special.

Someday maybe i'll get one one.

I want an old NSX (top choice by far) or old BMW 8 series so bad

Trust me, you don't want an 8-Series. Good friend had one. Doesn't miss it at all. Did all kinds of stuff to get it to make more power and it was just blah. Though he got great money for it on BAT a while ago. He also has a 550 Maranello. THAT is worth it. He said they were competitors in the market when they both came out. But the difference is night and day (and yes, he had the V12 in the 850ci). No comparison. Did so much and still couldn't approach the level of perfection the 550 is. See the link below for the BaT listing

And the CSi is not worth the extra extra bunch of money. Go with the NSX if you want something from back then. Though for what you'll wind up spending for a good NSX as most go over $100k with low mileage. You can find NA1s for under but they will be the first few years with miles and the lower power motor OR an auto. For the Ferrari you can still find some 550s for not crazy money yet. While some are in the upper $100K range (for low mileage ones) the ones with average miles for the year of the car (in the 50k miles for example) those can get close to the low $100K. And with that car, high miles should NOT scare anyone as long as it's been routinely serviced (with receipts and records) and driven routinely. My friend's car, is rock solid. Just food for thought.

Man, I remember back in 2001, I entertained the idea of a '94 NSX-T.

I found one for sale locally and met with the original owner and test drove it. It was a dream car for me when I was a kid, and I really love everything about the car - the interior to me, is still very special and I love that Senna had a hand in developing the handling.

She wanted $35K. I had been coming off an FD RX7, so instead of buying the NSX, I bought an E46 M3 instead. Still a great car, and I loved but it, but the NSX was/is special.

Someday maybe i'll get one one.

Great story buddy. If you still happen to have the VIN, you should run it in CarFax to see where it's at today.

My story was similar. Survived my transplant, and wanted to order my Mustang GT..but coming home from my sister's place back in 2005, I went a back way to get to the main street. The way I went had a no outlet and you have to turn off to get to the main road. Before I did, I saw it...😳

BMW_E24_M6_635csi_white_05.jpeg

1988 E24 M6 sitting on the OG BBS wheels with 4 flat tires, and inspect that was out for years. Couldn't believe it. This is my favorite BMW. I love the shark! So freaking cool. And in Alpine White. So I did what anyone would do, started researching it. How much would it cost to get it running, etc. Realized it would probably be over my head vs buying (and modding) a brand new S197 Mustang GT. Plus I can finance the GT where this, I'd have to pay cash for everything. So I passed. A few days later....GONE! Someone saw it and offered the $$$ for it and took it home. Wish I kept the VIN to see where it ended up.

Trust me, you don't want an 8-Series. Good friend had one. Doesn't miss it at all. Did all kinds of stuff to get it to make more power and it was just blah. Though he got great money for it on BAT a while ago. He also has a 550 Maranello. THAT is worth it. He said they were competitors in the market when they both came out. But the difference is night and day (and yes, he had the V12 in the 850ci). No comparison. Did so much and still couldn't approach the level of perfection the 550 is. See the link below for the BaT listing

And the CSi is not worth the extra extra bunch of money. Go with the NSX if you want something from back then. Though for what you'll wind up spending for a good NSX as most go over $100k with low mileage. You can find NA1s for under but they will be the first few years with miles and the lower power motor OR an auto. For the Ferrari you can still find some 550s for not crazy money yet. While some are in the upper $100K range (for low mileage ones) the ones with average miles for the year of the car (in the 50k miles for example) those can get close to the low $100K. And with that car, high miles should NOT scare anyone as long as it's been routinely serviced (with receipts and records) and driven routinely. My friend's car, is rock solid. Just food for thought.
Man neither are in the budget any time soon so im just dreaming lol. But NSX is my all time favoritr car and I used to scour NSXPrime marketplace daily

That BAT link is CLEAN. I know they are full of issues as well, but man they look amazing. Back when i was looking you could get one for relatively cheap, prices dont match the money youd have to put into it today

Back
Top Bottom