\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

HOLY CRAP that dealer has some acreage!! 🤯🤯 I gotta assume they are taking a golf cart to bring one of those trucks back. Would be a near 30 minute walk and back with a vehicle. 😂

These auto manufacturers just don't get it and never will. Pickup trucks (and SUVs for that matter) that cost $70k, $80k, $90k, and close to $100k just isn't sustainable for both the companies and for the customers (having a 4-figure payment is INSANELY STUPID). Ford has proven that offering a cheap inexpensive little truck, works. Can't just walk in and pick one out (unless a customer who ordered backs out) and if you get lucky, and find one, it's MSRP easily if not a markup. But get a dealer who will honor MSRP, for a truck that gets mid 40s mpg with the hybrid, is a great idea and deal. I'm shocked Toyota cancelled the Prius system based Stout truck. 🤦🏻‍♂️

And before I get flack, I know that truck doesn't fit all truck owners, but let's he honest, a bunch of truck owners really don't need a fullsize F150. It's a glorified sedan to them and doesn't ever go off road or use the 4wd system. So some people could use one of these in either powertrain format (other is an Ecoboost 4wd model).

The probe name was always awful :lol:

For 20k I’m getting a mk7 gti. Bulletproof motor and trans, high 20s mpg and make tons of power if you want to mod.

Plus it’s just a practical car

If you had a budget of 10 to 20k for a personal vehicle, what car would you choose, and how would you customize it?

If my budget was $20K and I wanted something I knew was durable for the long haul and a nice car, and a little different than the Camry/Accords on the road, I have a soft spot for the original Lexus IS300 with the chronograph gauge cluster 👍. For $20k, you could find the best example around, and just drive it till the wheels fall off. It's got a 2JZ (n/a of course) but that motor will just go and go. And it's pretty sharp looking. And if the funds would allow it, find the wagon version. Now that would be something. Or get what several of my friends have, the original LS400. Literally a perfect car that has proven it can go and go till high 6-digit miles. 👍

New Camry meh, I thought Honda dropped the ball on the new Accord but Camry looks worse, that design looks better on the Prius and Crown SUV, which looks great. Doesnt help that the side angle looks pretty much the same as the current gen. Current gen looks much nicer IMO. Interior is cool but still kinda dated looking already.

My friend got new wheels installed on his S580.

IMG_6803.jpeg

IMG_6805.jpeg

Toyota and Lexus seem to have hit a roadblock. Despite their well-established reputation for reliability, the styling has become stagnant, ranging from over-the-top futuristic designs to more conventional ones. The interiors lack innovation, with a repetitive and somewhat bland integration of technology, almost as if it's an afterthought.

Adding to the concern, the price points have become exorbitant. Toyota, once celebrated for its reliability and affordability, now prices even entry-level Corollas at around 20k. The disappointment extends to models like the Sequoia, where exterior improvements don't match lackluster interior changes, and an asking price of 80k seems unreasonable.

A recent visit to Lexus revealed an unexpected availability of the TX350, usually a pre-order item. My wife commented that it looked basic and unappealing. Across the street at Toyota, rows of vehicles, including Highlanders, RAVs, Corollas, and Sequoias, highlighted a stark contrast to a few months ago when getting any of these was a challenge.

Man, can that dude drive! Does he still mess with dirt bikes like he used to? I haven’t followed his career.

Toyota and Lexus seem to have hit a roadblock. Despite their well-established reputation for reliability, the styling has become stagnant, ranging from over-the-top futuristic designs to more conventional ones. The interiors lack innovation, with a repetitive and somewhat bland integration of technology, almost as if it's an afterthought.

Adding to the concern, the price points have become exorbitant. Toyota, once celebrated for its reliability and affordability, now prices even entry-level Corollas at around 20k. The disappointment extends to models like the Sequoia, where exterior improvements don't match lackluster interior changes, and an asking price of 80k seems unreasonable.

A recent visit to Lexus revealed an unexpected availability of the TX350, usually a pre-order item. My wife commented that it looked basic and unappealing. Across the street at Toyota, rows of vehicles, including Highlanders, RAVs, Corollas, and Sequoias, highlighted a stark contrast to a few months ago when getting any of these was a challenge.
I agree with a lot of your sentiments. I just like this Camry a lot more than the new Accord, Altima, Sonata, and K5. Both the new Accord and Altima’s design is plain, the Sonata’s new design is too out there for me, and the K5 is cool, but I can’t find myself getting a Kia anytime soon.

Regarding your other points, all of these car companies are marking up the prices to their entry-level vehicles, it’s not exclusive to Toyota. It prevented me from buying the last model Accord in 2022.

The numbers don't really back this up even though I generally agree. The Corolla, Camry, RAV4, and Highlander are all at or near the top of sales for their class. Not to mention Tacomas and 4runners.

The supply thing is just a natural rebound from all the shortages that everyone's been going through along with higher rates causing people to buy less.

The numbers don't really back this up even though I generally agree. The Corolla, Camry, RAV4, and Highlander are all at or near the top of sales for their class. Not to mention Tacomas and 4runners.

The supply thing is just a natural rebound from all the shortages that everyone's been going through along with higher rates causing people to buy less.
I wasn't intending to draw a direct correlation between the points. The first half reflects my opinion—these brands seem to rely on reputation and reliability more than genuine innovation. Their interiors appear outdated, and their new designs are somewhat lacking.

Regarding inventory, that's a factual observation. There's a surplus, regardless of the reasons behind it. I'm not disputing that people continue to buy them; in places like PR, Toyotas are ubiquitous. I'm merely highlighting what I observed.

Lastly, if you were to attach Toyota or Lexus branding, along with their reputation for reliability, to Kia and Hyundai models, it's likely that Kia models would outsell Toyota or Lexus 9 times out of 10.

I wasn't intending to draw a direct correlation between the points. The first half reflects my opinion—these brands seem to rely on reputation and reliability more than genuine innovation. Their interiors appear outdated, and their new designs are somewhat lacking.

Regarding inventory, that's a factual observation. There's a surplus, regardless of the reasons behind it. I'm not disputing that people continue to buy them; in places like PR, Toyotas are ubiquitous. I'm merely highlighting what I observed.

Lastly, if you were to attach Toyota or Lexus branding, along with their reputation for reliability, to Kia and Hyundai models, it's likely that Kia models would outsell Toyota or Lexus 9 times out of 10.

I genuinely like the new Camry as well as all of the stuff Lexus has been coming out with, so perhaps your view is a little shortsighted. Just because you aren’t a fan, doesn’t mean others aren’t.

They will sell like hotcakes, as do most Toyota products.

I genuinely like the new Camry as well as all of the stuff Lexus has been coming out with, so perhaps your view is a little shortsighted. Just because you aren’t a fan, doesn’t mean others aren’t.

They will sell like hotcakes, as do most Toyota products.
It's a Toyota, and I don't understand why anyone would doubt their sales. Personally, I disliked the current and previous Highlander, the 4Runner's design hasn't changed in a decade which furthers my point. The TX/GH models lack innovation and honestlyare boring. While the Tacoma and Tundra are nice solid trucks. What sets Toyota apart and will continue to sale is reliability and cost-effectiveness. In my opinion, the new Prius is the best-looking sedan they offer.

However, let's not mistake high sales for groundbreaking innovation; it's like Call of Duty selling well without significant changes. Toyota and Honda prioritize simplicity and safety, which isn't a negative. Honda, for instance, redeemed itself with a nice truck but faltered with the unappealing Accord.

i kinda don't like how lexus fonts on the infotainment screen look :lol:

This is really a bizarre argument. You acknowledge what their strengths are and how it's made them successful but then want them to go away from that. If you're Toyota, why change if it's not affecting the bottom line?

It's a Toyota, and I don't understand why anyone would doubt their sales. Personally, I disliked the current and previous Highlander, the 4Runner's design hasn't changed in a decade which furthers my point. The TX/GH models lack innovation and honestlyare boring. While the Tacoma and Tundra are nice solid trucks. What sets Toyota apart and will continue to sale is reliability and cost-effectiveness. In my opinion, the new Prius is the best-looking sedan they offer.

However, let's not mistake high sales for groundbreaking innovation; it's like Call of Duty selling well without significant changes. Toyota and Honda prioritize simplicity and safety, which isn't a negative. Honda, for instance, redeemed itself with a nice truck but faltered with the unappealing Accord.

Not sure what point you're trying to prove. In the last few decades, both Toyota and Honda haven't been daring brands when it comes to shaking up the market with integrating ground breaking innovation. Looks are subjective and if the Toyota/Honda styling doesn't fit you, that's totally fine.

Toyota/Honda play it safe and that's ultimately what sells in masses. Sure, enthusiasts want the latest and greatest in their cars. But for 75% of people (maybe higher?), cars are just a disposable item to them. As long as they have the basics of what a car offers that can get them to point A and B safely and reliability, that's all they care about.

The new Camry sticks to their bread and butter of what works. Toyota is smart for sticking to their formula that has worked for the longest time.

Last edited:
In the past decade, Toyota and Honda, though still leading, have seen a 3 to 4% decline in market share to other manufacturers. This suggests a shift away from the plain and reliable image. While reliability matters for the elderly, the current generation desires more features. Dismissing vehicles as disposable doesn't make sense, as they're a significant investment. My frustration lies in Toyota and Honda's stagnation; despite loyalty, Kia and Hyundai are gaining market share. Complacency has its limits—consider Jeep, with the Wrangler sticking to the same formula, now facing tough competition from the Ford Bronco.

Moreover, their reluctance to innovate in technology and create forward-thinking interiors doesn't justify their high asking prices. That encapsulates my entire argument on this matter.

If you get it, you get and if you don't, you don't.

Toyota and Honda has always been like this though. They don’t do facelifts in every generation like other Makes. They favor steady improvements and refinements with enough changes to differentiate itself from the last gen. It help keeps its quality consistent and reliable, as they don’t have to overhaul assembly line to adjust to new techniques or processes nor deal with a revised body style every single generation.

Hell, I honestly think Toyota has been more daring with the panoramic moonroof, aggressive front fascia(big grilles), bold body-lines, and wider and lower bodies in general. This contrasts to Hondas going for the more conservative yet elegant characteristic mimicking a European look as opposed to a futuristic one.

Kia and Hyundai are becoming more bold because their sales were lackluster up until recently, so they had to shake things up to gain a solid foothold in the market. I welcome it and completion is always good for the consumers.

Back
Top Bottom