\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Every car I’ve got I’ve gone in with my dad to do the negotiating. The whole process is so cringy, everyone is just playing a character :lol: gotta pretend to be ready to leave and ****

Every car I’ve got I’ve gone in with my dad to do the negotiating. The whole process is so cringy, everyone is just playing a character :lol: gotta pretend to be ready to leave and ****

They called me no joke 8 times the day after I first left. And it wasnt just 1 call every hour, it was legit 2 calls right after one another, then an hour later 2 calls again. I only called back when they finally decided to leave a voicenote.

Good work. Dealerships and the car sales process are designed to be tiring so youre more likely to agree to some nonsense. And 05fordgt 05fordgt is a homie for sure but man so many other car salesmen are so grimy like your magic credit score.

🙏 Thank you for the kind words buddy. 👍 I only cared about making my customer happy. Didn't care about how much I made or any of that stuff. If you knew my actual highest gross year in terms of pay (it was 2019, my final year before I left on on medical) was WELL under 100k and I still sold 199 cars at my store alone (not counting all the other cars from the Lincoln store, the other Ford store or the CDR store), you would be blown away! The way the pay is in dealerships today is truly barbaric! 😔

It's between $50 & $100 and closer to the former than the latter 🤬 As Jason Bourne once said, "look what they make you give!"

🙏 Thank you for the kind words buddy. 👍 I only cared about making my customer happy. Didn't care about how much I made or any of that stuff. If you knew my actual highest gross year in terms of pay (it was 2019, my final year before I left on on medical) was WELL under 100k and I still sold 199 cars at my store alone (not counting all the other cars from the Lincoln store, the other Ford store or the CDR store), you would be blown away! The way the pay is in dealerships today is truly barbaric! 😔

It's between $50 & $100 and closer to the former than the latter 🤬 As Jason Bourne once said, "look what they make you give!"

That's crazy. I don't know if you've seen the guy on YouTube that goes to dealerships and asks the employees what they drive and how much their payments are but some of them drove some real nice cars.

ADVERTISEMENT​

I cringe EVERY TIME I see this on the road. It truly shows how stupid some people are who do this. Actually just saw it yesterday. They don't have a clue what will happen to their legs and spine if they get into an accident when that airbag comes flying out at around 160 mph (give or take). Their legs are broken, probably in multiple places, with possible compound fractures, their knee ligaments are shredded, their hips are most likely broken as is their pelvis & they could actually break their back & possibly damage their spinal cord. Humans aren't designed to fold like an accordion.

But hey, comfort is better than walking (if it's possible) after months and months of rehab. So lazy to do this.

That's crazy. I don't know if you've seen the guy on YouTube that goes to dealerships and asks the employees what they drive and how much their payments are but some of them drove some real nice cars.

If they are service writers, they CAN make good money. Easily starting at $70k with little experience and can pass over $100k with added upsells and bonuses. They always ask the shop & finance people. But for the salespeople, lots of dealerships have crazy employee lease deals for some stuff. But honestly, for any salespeople to openly admit they have a car payment of $800 or more, that's NUTS!! Good for them if they can afford it but it isn't worth driving a nice car for that much $$$ per month.

Old-school 8 series in the neighborhood
20240706_201036.jpg
20240706_201056.jpg

Grabbed a new 24 Accord Sport Hybrid at the exact number I wanted it at. Negotiated down from the monthyl I wanted + $3700 down (all in taxes, DMV, etc) to $2500 to $1700 to $1400 to me saying id leave 6 times to go see another dealer and they said 1k all in which I was comfy with. They wanted me to leave a deposit before running credit, I said no and tried to leave again and they said ok ok and let it run. Credit came back a tad worse than what I thought, I said if I cant get it for this monthly im gone. “Magically” my tier went up and got my number.

Actually quiet exhausting but hey, I got it at what I wanted. Hybrid is lovely, averaging 38mpg at the moment. And having a sunroof again is nice. :lol:
Man i love stories of negotiating with dealers
Like a year ago got my dad a car and it was fun negotiating
They always try to sell me a payment number but i was more concerned with the price of the car, got it for below msrp and never even went to the dealer did it all on the phone, dude drove two hours to deliver the car to the crib

The specs of this car blow my mind!!! 4600lbs and over 100k…. Absolutely jaw dropping. Between this and the new M5 I’m just done with ///M and AMG.

Does anyone ever wonder how much money is in car journalism? I feel like there just isn't much money there with how fast many of the car news and review type publications and websites are going under. TFL is doing well because they have like 4 channels and really review the vehicles but I see them moving more and more over to Patreon and I feel like they aren't independent anymore. Every since they settled their beef with Ford, they don't really give honest views anymore.

Does anyone ever wonder how much money is in car journalism? I feel like there just isn't much money there with how fast many of the car news and review type publications and websites are going under. TFL is doing well because they have like 4 channels and really review the vehicles but I see them moving more and more over to Patreon and I feel like they aren't independent anymore. Every since they settled their beef with Ford, they don't really give honest views anymore.
car journalism died a long time ago
now its a buncha people doing copy paste of the same old 30 second tik toks
i think it will spur something like the old top gear for car people to actually watch
at least thats my hope

car journalism died a long time ago
now its a buncha people doing copy paste of the same old 30 second tik toks
i think it will spur something like the old top gear for car people to actually watch
at least thats my hope
I really like what they've been doing at Donut and now BigTime so I hope something new comes up. I remember watching some of the YouTubers like Sabbkyle and 8 years ago dude was doing 300K viewers just reviewing random cars to now his videos barely pass 3K.

Never watched much car youtube til I found the Car Care Nut's channel

Very knowledgeable and good at explaining technical issues. I find myself watching the most mundane repairs :lol:

I really like what they've been doing at Donut and now BigTime so I hope something new comes up. I remember watching some of the YouTubers like Sabbkyle and 8 years ago dude was doing 300K viewers just reviewing random cars to now his videos barely pass 3K.
yepp
that dude in blue used to get hundreds of thousands of views
and now in that same boat

Never watched much car youtube til I found the Car Care Nut's channel

Very knowledgeable and good at explaining technical issues. I find myself watching the most mundane repairs :lol:
I watch Legit Street Cars on YouTube since he does cool fixes and he has the Saturday Morning TV Car Show vibe.

Another Chicago dude

Wasn’t familiar but watched his recent selling his cars vid. Supercharged everything :lol:
He got me hooked when he was using his skills as a Mercedes-Benz master technician to fix $30K repair bills for $20. He's really cool

I always wonder how much is it viewer's taste vs the algorithm. You can watch a video if you don't know its there.

Grabbed a new 24 Accord Sport Hybrid at the exact number I wanted it at. Negotiated down from the monthyl I wanted + $3700 down (all in taxes, DMV, etc) to $2500 to $1700 to $1400 to me saying id leave 6 times to go see another dealer and they said 1k all in which I was comfy with. They wanted me to leave a deposit before running credit, I said no and tried to leave again and they said ok ok and let it run. Credit came back a tad worse than what I thought, I said if I cant get it for this monthly im gone. “Magically” my tier went up and got my number.

Actually quite exhausting but hey, I got it at what I wanted. Hybrid is lovely, averaging 38mpg at the moment. And having a sunroof again is nice. :lol:
good work, stick it to those salesmen lol

pics?

Back
Top Bottom