\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

IMG_7056.jpeg
IMG_7059.jpeg
IMG_1761.jpeg
Went off roading today, cam makes the hills look lame af. Oh well. Only scraped a couple places, bone stock.

Never understood the blurring out of license plates when posting photos? The plate is seen everyday you drive it, everywhere you go by everyone. Maybe it's just me.

The new M5 weighs 5200 lbs…. more than 1200 more… so good luck with that

It always amuses me when dudes get so caught up on 1 detail and cant see the bigger picture.

Yes its a lot of added weight which is unfortunate but on the other hand, you have an entire company full of some of the best automotive engineers in the world who year after year and generation after generation design the best driving cars in their class by a mile. They pretty much invented the super sedan and I'd argue they easily make the best driving non-supercars outside of Porsche. This is arguably their halo product and yet people see the weight and think their entire engineering division just threw their hands up and said "damn its heavy, just ship it" instead of them engineering the absolute piss out of that thing. As an engineer myself, I can guarantee you most if not all of them took it upon themselves as a personal challenge to make this thing fast af because they knew exactly how people were going to react.

Every single review of this will be "we had our doubts about the weight and we'd like it to be lighter but damn those boys in Munich worked their magic. This thing is a monster". Guaranteed.

It always amuses me when dudes get so caught up on 1 detail and cant see the bigger picture.

Yes its a lot of added weight which is unfortunate but on the other hand, you have an entire company full of some of the best automotive engineers in the world who year after year and generation after generation design the best driving cars in their class by a mile. They pretty much invented the super sedan and I'd argue they easily make the best driving non-supercars outside of Porsche. This is arguably their halo product and yet people see the weight and think their entire engineering division just threw their hands up and said "damn its heavy, just ship it" instead of them engineering the absolute piss out of that thing. As an engineer myself, I can guarantee you most if not all of them took it upon themselves as a personal challenge to make this thing fast af because they knew exactly how people were going to react.

Every single review of this will be "we had our doubts about the weight and we'd like it to be lighter but damn those boys in Munich worked their magic. This thing is a monster". Guaranteed.
I drove my buddies M5 F90 recently and got to say it was pretty underwhelming
The power doesn't really hit hard its pretty smooth coming on, but i feel like a twin turbo v8 should pack a bigger punch
as far as handling and suspension it was a tad floaty compared to a g82

overall I personally was not wow''d by the f90 so not sure if the new one would be any better

and yes bmw has been the class leader but that doesn't mean they can't fall off

i haven't driven any m2 but that new one would be the bmw i go after if i was looking at anything in their lineup

YEP. THEY HAVE BEEN HERE ABOUT 3YRS NOW.
Nice! I googled it & checked the DMV website for black plates but closest thing are just aftermarket wrap kits for the plate, lol. Wish black plates would be a thing here but as usual NY state is slacking and behind everyone :lol: .

The best solution to fix the fugly mustard yellow NY plate was to get the classic Liberty plate(the one I have on the Challenger now) custom made from a novelty license plates website I came across while searching for Kramer's ASSMAN plate, lol. They are 99% accurate to the real thing. Same text as my DMV issue plates but on the throwback statue of Liberty layout. It's a ticket(I've gotten 1 in the past 4 years while parked on the street) since this plate got phased out after 2001. We never again had such a good looking license plate after this in NY 😔. I was reading PA is about to release a new plate design with a Liberty Bell theme 🔥.

It always amuses me when dudes get so caught up on 1 detail and cant see the bigger picture. Yes its a lot of added weight which is unfortunate but on the other hand, you have an entire company full of some of the best automotive engineers in the world who year after year and generation after generation design the best driving cars in their class by a mile. They pretty much invented the super sedan and I'd argue they easily make the best driving non-supercars outside of Porsche. This is arguably their halo product and yet people see the weight and think their entire engineering division just threw their hands up and said "damn its heavy, just ship it" instead of them engineering the absolute piss out of that thing. As an engineer myself, I can guarantee you most if not all of them took it upon themselves as a personal challenge to make this thing fast af because they knew exactly how people were going to react. Every single review of this will be "we had our doubts about the weight and we'd like it to be lighter but damn those boys in Munich worked their magic. This thing is a monster". Guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom