\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

How livable is the R8 to daily?

Not very, I wouldn't do it. Compared to the 911, way smaller frunk, no back seat and a lot tougher to service independently.

Oil change at my local dealer is 1100 vs 499 for 911.

Indie oil change for my 911 was 250 and R8 was 450.

Much lower, no front axle lift, less visibility, I can go on for days.

But a V10 though.

Here's a pic at shoe surgeon, I crashed a Porsche meet. You can see Matt Farah's 718 Spyder in the background here.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 3.02.58 PM.png

What’s a decent price for ceramic coat? This local place quoted me $1750 for one of their packages. Think they have lower tier ones, the one they quoted me is said to be their more popular one.

It depends. How is it applied? If it's just the foam pad then it's too much as that will be necessary to reapply sooner. If it's the real deal and the shop uses the IR lamps to bake it to harden it up, then it's a fine price. Here IS a major difference.

Havent popped a tire in 15 years of driving. Popped 3 of them in the last 2 weeks on separate occasions smfh.

BMW charging $500 each tire smh. About to just buy them on ebay.

See if you can either purchase road hazard, which will get you a new tire ASAP or just buy the next one from Tire Rack as they give you 2-years of road hazard for free.

I have an order for a 296 GTS that I probably will back out of due to price. Lots of factors played into that decision but I'll just say it's just too expensive for the car.

I am looking into other cars for now, I love Porsche still but the hype is killing the brand a bit, for me. I don't think 250k for a GT3 is worth it vs a 458/488 or even a 720/600lt.

I'm enjoying my R8 still so I have time to decide. I think ideally I would like an F8 or 488. 458 is up there too but at this point it's crazy money for a good one.

You know the prices of the MC20 has been dropping like a boat anchor! You can find 2022s for around $180k or even less depending on the spec. And 2023 coupes, some say they are getting INSANE discounts. If you look for a 2022, you just gotta make sure you have the info on them. A front lift is a MUST and it's optional for '22 but standard for '23. And the premium sound is necessary as well as the base system is horrible. Plus the full carbon options are INSANELY priced as well.

But it's a hell of a car for the money. Stunningly beautiful, has the doors and the colors are amazing! These will continue to bottom out for a little while longer. Don't be surprised if some get close to $160k or even $150k. It's a Maserati and it's inevitable. Just a thought.

I hear you. I have a decent relationship with my dealership. I’ve gotten 3 cars from them so far and when I even ask about a gt3 they will either steer me to what they have on consignment or offer me an allocation for another 992 that I’m not interested. 458/488 are probably next for me. Hoping to hold on to my 992 since it’s 7mt

If you go Ferrari, find the nicest 458. It will only go up for now on! Last N/A V8 and last Pininfarina design. Can't go wrong. Plus the sound of the 458 is NIGHT AND DAY vs the 488.

Last edited:
Love seeing these mini trucks around town. I'd love to import one, they've gotten really popular the past couple of years.
20240722_110025.jpg
20240722_110049.jpg
20240722_110057.jpg
20240722_110102.jpg

These are freaking cool, but be careful buying these. Do some research as there are multiple states that are yanking registrations of trucks that have been registered for years because the state seems them "off road only" after the fact. I know Massachusetts is one and there are others. I know The Drive did a story on it. Let me see if I can find it.

Attachments

• Policy Bulletin MVD - 2023-05 - Japanese Kei Vehicles and Minitrucks v3 (1).pdf
    275.2 KB · Views: 142
If you go Ferrari, find the nicest 458. It will only go up for now on! Last N/A V8 and last Pininfarina design. Can't go wrong. Plus the sound of the 458 is NIGHT AND DAY vs the 488.

I love the sound I really do, you can get the same from a Z06 though. Very few 458s are sorted, and knowing that in recent years it can be had as low as 140k, it's hard to stomach paying 220 for one. I will consider it, and yeah 488 is probably going to be to the black sheep.

R8 is superior to the huracan
the audi interior, infotainment and sound system is miles better than the huranacan
and before u gimme crap about the sound system, take a road trip in one and then you'll understand :lol:

I hear you. I have a decent relationship with my dealership. I’ve gotten 3 cars from them so far and when I even ask about a gt3 they will either steer me to what they have on consignment or offer me an allocation for another 992 that I’m not interested. 458/488 are probably next for me. Hoping to hold on to my 992 since it’s 7mt

A few years ago, my plan was to drive my 911 until prices of the 991.2 GT3 (or even the 992.1 GT3) would depreciate enough and I can be in a good place to afford it down the line. A few years later and prices of 991 GT3 haven't budged and used 992 GT3's are still going for way above their intended MSRP.

The car market is completely screwed up right now. Too much money in the market place that has created a monster of "Hype" and inflated pricing with limited cars.

Last edited:
the point i'm making is that what's been offered in the US is not what consumers want. the RS6 does really well because it is a sport wagon. the A4 all road, 3 series, etc. are not, which is why nobody buys them. i myself would much rather purchase a crossover over any of the other wagons that we've had available.

if the M5 touring sells as well as the RS6, then it further proves that there is a market here in the states. people want a performance/sport wagon, probably more specifically a euro wagon, not an oldsmobile. until there is an intermediate option, we won't know for sure. what i do know is that a Magnum and RS6 Avant are not comparable.

Yes good points. The RS6 is a cool product and aimed at people with means. We are taking a 120-160k limited volume car. In comparison most other wagons are just dull to look at thus not helping its “uncool” problem. Benz now lifts their E class wagon to be some sort of all road competitor. Same with the A6 wagon. Ala subaru.

Volvo to me had a beautiful wagon in the S90/V90 R line and no one bought it at 60-70k. Then it was discontinued.

When the Q5 came out those old school wagon guys started bagging the Q5. That didn’t bode well for Audi wagons. The SQ8 and RSQ8 outsells the RS6.

The irony is a wagon is now a cooler product since everyone drives a crossover. Except the crossover drivers will tell you otherwise lol.

A few years ago, my plan was to drive my 911 until prices of the 991.2 GT3 (or even the 992.1 GT3) would depreciate enough and I can be in a good place to afford it down the line. A few years later and prices of 991 GT3 haven't budged and used 992 GT3's are still going for way above their intended MSRP.

The car market is completely screwed up right now. Too much money in the market place that has created a monster of "Hype" and inflated pricing with limited cars.

Great post. A GT3 used to be a rare in the know Porsche. Social Media made it the it car to have. So everyone with the means wants one to be seen as cool. And as you stated this means instead of the normal 100 people looking for it, it is now 10,000. Especially as you stated the amount of money today is crazy.

Not to mention 20 years ago the USA fought itself for sales but today the USA is battling dozens of countries now with wealth for a finite number of cars.

Back
Top Bottom