\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I love the sound I really do, you can get the same from a Z06 though. Very few 458s are sorted, and knowing that in recent years it can be had as low as 140k, it's hard to stomach paying 220 for one. I will consider it, and yeah 488 is probably going to be to the black sheep.

Don't take this the wrong way, but just because the Z06 sounds like a 458, it doesn't belong anywhere near the car comparison wise. Yes, it's sound similar, and it's very fast, but one is a hand built Italian supercar that will NEVER drop in value, it will appreciate and is considered one of the best cars they have ever made. The other is a hopped up version of a car that GM has made over 100k of already. I mean, one is built by Italian artisans and the other on a fast moving assembly line. Which one would you pick given the choice and having the $$$. 🤷

And I may get hate, but oh well. There was always a reason why Ferrari NEVER went above 4.5L of displacement in their FPC V8s. They did it for longevity and refinement (no NVH issues). GM decided to go to 5.5L on their FPC and there has been plenty of documented issues at first. Same with the Voodoo GT350 motor. First few years, don't even go near them. Heck the harmonic balancer on the 5.2 is huge. They had to do something to get rid of the NVH from the motor.

You can find a good 458. Just takes some digging. And even at 220k, it's worth it. Remember everyone who said paying $50k for a Dino many years ago was delusional and financial death? Well, they seem to be looking fine now. I feel the 458 will be in that upper echelon of Ferraris that will always be desired.

Beginning of the pandemic was wild for the used car market. I could’ve gotten an ff for <100k, 458 for 140s, 991.2 gt3 touring for msrp. Hindsight would’ve had me making money after driving and selling all 3 of those. No one could’ve predicted how things turned out

Beginning of the pandemic was wild for the used car market. I could’ve gotten an ff for <100k, 458 for 140s, 991.2 gt3 touring for msrp. Hindsight would’ve had me making money after driving and selling all 3 of those. No one could’ve predicted how things turned out

LP Gallardos were around 100k-$110k with 4-digit miles! 😯

Don't take this the wrong way, but just because the Z06 sounds like a 458, it doesn't belong anywhere near the car comparison wise. Yes, it's sound similar, and it's very fast, but one is a hand built Italian supercar that will NEVER drop in value, it will appreciate and is considered one of the best cars they have ever made. The other is a hopped up version of a car that GM has made over 100k of already. I mean, one is built by Italian artisans and the other on a fast moving assembly line. Which one would you pick given the choice and having the $$$. 🤷

And I may get hate, but oh well. There was always a reason why Ferrari NEVER went above 4.5L of displacement in their FPC V8s. They did it for longevity and refinement (no NVH issues). GM decided to go to 5.5L on their FPC and there has been plenty of documented issues at first. Same with the Voodoo GT350 motor. First few years, don't even go near them. Heck the harmonic balancer on the 5.2 is huge. They had to do something to get rid of the NVH from the motor.

You can find a good 458. Just takes some digging. And even at 220k, it's worth it. Remember everyone who said paying $50k for a Dino many years ago was delusional and financial death? Well, they seem to be looking fine now. I feel the 458 will be in that upper echelon of Ferraris that will always be desired.

Don't worry not taking it the wrong way, I appreciate the input. I know you're as pure as purists come, i'm just not the type of buyer that keeps a car 20+ years to see the appreciation.

I'm not as fixated on the turbo vs NA as most people are. I happen to like turbos. The depreciation aspect is somewhat important, but I don't see the 488 or F8 being worthless anytime soon with ferrari going the V6 route. I would probably take a 488 with full exhaust and big turbos over a 458 at the same price point, or even paying a little more for a 488 that's later production.

I’m curious to see if we’ll ever see the car market return to normalcy. So many people kept saying 2022 it’ll come back, then 2023. It’s 2024 now and the a lot of the car market is still insane.

Rising costs within the car industry, difficulty in finding low mileage collective cars as days go on, and ultimately the lack of options as we move into EV makes me realize we may never go back to pre pandemic levels.

I’m curious to see if we’ll ever see the car market return to normalcy. So many people kept saying 2022 it’ll come back, then 2023. It’s 2024 now and the a lot of the car market is still insane.

Rising costs within the car industry, difficulty in finding low mileage collective cars as days go on, and ultimately the lack of options as we move into EV makes me realize we may never go back to pre pandemic levels.

I don't know that we'll see exotics or collectibles go back to pre pandemic levels, I think with rising MSRP's from brands that will just counteract the depreciation, like Porsche.

The aventador replacement is double what the Aventador was when it was debuted. So how low can those prices drop?

Don't worry not taking it the wrong way, I appreciate the input. I know you're as pure as purists come, i'm just not the type of buyer that keeps a car 20+ years to see the appreciation.

I'm not as fixated on the turbo vs NA as most people are. I happen to like turbos. The depreciation aspect is somewhat important, but I don't see the 488 or F8 being worthless anytime soon with ferrari going the V6 route. I would probably take a 488 with full exhaust and big turbos over a 458 at the same price point, or even paying a little more for a 488 that's later production.

Much appreciated buddy. 🤝 I'm definitely one who hates all the modern tech. While the Evora GT is my "attainable" dream car, my unattainable dream car is a 05/06 Ford GT. And that is as basic as they come. No T/C, No stability, only a LSD. That's it. Do something stupid in one and it's game over.

What I mean about the 458 wasn't solely about appreciation. I meant you could buy one, drive it on the semi regular, and sell it and probably at minimum break even based on the added miles. But for some it's a "forever car". The F8 coupe, they didn't make a whole lot of them. Lots more spiders, so that car may be hard to find.

My good friend has had A LOT of cars throughout his life. He's got 3 keepers right now. His daily, which is a 2-door Bronco "Bad-Squatch" with lights and recovery tanks on it. It fits him well and it's will be awesome in the snow.

His LC500 he LOVES! Bulletproof and it just works. Comfortable, sounds amazing and Lexus quality.

And after tinkering with his new Emira, he's gonna keep it. Did some stuff that made it 9/10th perfect (seats still SUCK, but he got new foam and resculptered so no leg & back issues. But they are HORRID from the factory). Added a Eventuri intake, with the 3rd cat delete. Really woke the car up. And added 12mm spacers all around with titanium lug studs. The front wavyness is GONE!! He's gonna keep it as his fun driving car around the back roads.

I see the 458 as a lot of people's forever car, like the Evora GT would be mine. I get one and I'll be happy till the day I die. 🙏

I don't know that we'll see exotics or collectibles go back to pre pandemic levels, I think with rising MSRP's from brands that will just counteract the depreciation, like Porsche.

The aventador replacement is double what the Aventador was when it was debuted. So how low can those prices drop?

And going rate on the 2ndary market is about a Million for one.

Back
Top Bottom