\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw this insanely beautiful 1964 Rolls yesterday. It broke down on the highway hence why it's being towed. Bad fuel pump. An absolutely massive sized car.
20240921_105524.jpg
20240921_105529.jpg
20240921_105535.jpg
20240921_110316.jpg

Agree. Eventually EVs will take over but that’s a loooong way away. Companies just jumping the gun right now and instead should be doing the hybrid systems.

Seriously, if they do make that and try NOT to be stupid expensive (like Ferrari money) , it will sell great. I mean they already have a partnership with AMG for he 4-cylinder in the Emira. How about making a deal for their 4.0 TT from the GT. 577 hp would be perfect. Then use a hybrid system they already have with one of the Volvo Polestar Engineered cars (the plug-in hybrid wagon is amazing) and you can get 650 hp, AWD and an amazing car. Price it around McLaren in the mid to upper 100k range to start. But those doors NEED to be kept. Not power, but reverse sliding butterfly doors? No one's done that before.

But alas this is all a pipe dream 😞😢

What kind of car is this?
20240912_180344.jpg
20240912_180346.jpg

That is a Suzuki Cappuccino! A Japanese Kei car. These are SMALL! REALLY SMALL! They make a Miata look huge. 657 cc inline 3-cylinder that makes a whole 64 hp. And it's a coupe, target or convertible as the back section rotates to store away & the top is in 3 sections. They are really cheap to own and import. Way cheaper than the Autozam AZ-1, as everyone wants that for the gullwing doors.

I actually saw one out near me in some guys driveway a month & a half ago and had to grab a pic
PXL_20240804_202441237.MP.jpg

If one wants a unique, fun and relatively cheap JDM rhd car, these are an option. I think they're great. Here's Doug's video from when he tested one years ago. Very informative as she shows how the top works and how slow they are (but he's having a hoot in it).

I think its funny what all cars people are importing over to the states because GTRs are unattainable. I see old Crowns all over the place. Last week I saw a guy in a Toyota Cynos aka a Toyota Paseo. :lol:

Pretty sure that’s a Suzuki cappuccino.

Only seen them in gran turismo.
Thank you, bro. Neat little car, probably handles like a gokart.
That is a Suzuki Cappuccino! A Japanese Kei car. These are SMALL! REALLY SMALL! They make a Miata look huge. 657 cc inline 3-cylinder that makes a whole 64 hp. And it's a coupe, target or convertible as the back section rotates to store away & the top is in 3 sections. They are really cheap to own and import. Way cheaper than the Autozam AZ-1, as everyone wants that for the gullwing doors.

I actually saw one out near me in some guys driveway a month & a half ago and had to grab a pic
PXL_20240804_202441237.MP.jpg

If one wants a unique, fun and relatively cheap JDM rhd car, these are an option. I think they're great. Here's Doug's video from when he tested one years ago. Very informative as she shows how the top works and how slow they are (but he's having a hoot in it).

Nice! Thank you for the detailed response. Yup, car is super tiny. I'll definitely watch Doug's video on it later today.

MAN IM ON VEHICLE #4 AND YOU’RE STILL LOOKING FOR A SUV :lol: :lol: :lol: . JUST PULL THE TRIGGER ON SOMETHING THEN REFINANCE LATER, PRICES/RATES ARE INCHING DOWN VERY SLOWLY.
True.

Since you've gone through four cars, have you ever been upside-down on any of the trades?

My concern isn’t with the interest rate. It’s about minimizing the loss on a depreciating asset, which is why I want to ensure I limit my losses if the vehicle doesn’t work out. For example, if I had followed your approach with the vehicle quoted, I would have lost about $20K in a year. Instead I made 4k on top of the 20k I invested by staying put.

If this was a cars, like I've done in the past, I'd have chosen the vehicle at the best price, as I tend to keep my vehicles until the end of their life.

True.

Since you've gone through four cars, have you ever been upside-down on any of the trades?

My concern isn’t with the interest rate. It’s about minimizing the loss on a depreciating asset, which is why I want to ensure I limit my losses if the vehicle doesn’t work out. For example, if I had followed your approach with the vehicle quoted, I would have lost about $20K in a year. Instead I made 4k on top of the 20k I invested by staying put.

If this was a cars, like I've done in the past, I'd have chosen the vehicle at the best price, as I tend to keep my vehicles until the end of their life.

ONLY UPSIDE DOWN BY A COUPLE GRAND ON 1 OF THE 4.

ALL PRESENT VEHICLES LOSE VALUE… WE’RE NOT BUYING CLASSICS HERE.

LIKE mplsdunk mplsdunk SAID. JUST COP A CPO, THAT WAY MOST OF THE LOSS HAS OCCURRED ALREADY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

FOR ME, I HAD TO GET OUT THE BRONCO BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE… BRONCO VALUES ARE TANKING BAD. SO MANY PEOPLE TRYING TO UNLOAD THEIRS NOW. ONLY BRONCO TRIM THAT IS PROBABLY HOLDING ITS VALUE DECENTLY IS THE RAPTOR. THE BRONCO BUBBLE BUSTED AT THE END OF 2023. THEY ARE SITTING ON EVERY FORD LOT COLLECTING DUST NOW.

ONLY UPSIDE DOWN BY A COUPLE GRAND ON 1 OF THE 4.

ALL PRESENT VEHICLES LOSE VALUE… WE’RE NOT BUYING CLASSICS HERE.

LIKE mplsdunk mplsdunk SAID. JUST COP A CPO, THAT WAY MOST OF THE LOSS HAS OCCURRED ALREADY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

FOR ME, I HAD TO GET OUT THE BRONCO BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE… BRONCO VALUES ARE TANKING BAD. SO MANY PEOPLE TRYING TO UNLOAD THEIRS NOW. ONLY BRONCO TRIM THAT IS PROBABLY HOLDING ITS VALUE DECENTLY IS THE RAPTOR. THE BRONCO BUBBLE BUSTED AT THE END OF 2023. THEY ARE SITTING ON EVERY FORD LOT COLLECTING DUST NOW.

I’m surprised with the Bronco bubble. What happened with that brand and car specifically? Haven’t done my research.

I’m surprised with the Bronco bubble. What happened with that brand and car specifically? Haven’t done my research.

I can tell you the CEO is an absolute moron! Bet heavy on EV and lost billions. Also they are FINALLY realizing that not everyone wants a $40k-$60k SUV or $50k-$80K pickup. When they killed the car lines that was huge. If Ford didn't have a Maverick I would have bolted. They sell NOTHING I want now. And I loved selling them. Their cars were good. LOVED the Fusion. Great, safe dependable car for years. Nope, they don't want to sell cars. They only want to appease the board. Also their quality now is just abysmal. Recalls are costing them many billions!

C412664F-04A7-4EF8-BF21-59CBE965B820.jpeg

C74A80D3-BD0E-4272-B5C3-28999D6CD1DC.jpeg

Welp…. after 20 years and almost 200k miles the transmission finally went :emoji_pensive:

Always knew it would be what ended this car. A little surprising in that it was "fine" one day and limping the next but I guess that's transmissions for you

My dilemma is that I still need a winter beater until I get something else and don't really want to buy a new another car right now

Contemplating whether a transmission rebuild or news trans would be worth it or not. At least to bridge me until I buy something else

I can tell you the CEO is an absolute moron! Bet heavy on EV and lost billions. Also they are FINALLY realizing that not everyone wants a $40k-$60k SUV or $50k-$80K pickup. When they killed the car lines that was huge. If Ford didn't have a Maverick I would have bolted. They sell NOTHING I want now. And I loved selling them. Their cars were good. LOVED the Fusion. Great, safe dependable car for years. Nope, they don't want to sell cars. They only want to appease the board. Also their quality now is just abysmal. Recalls are costing them many billions!

But specifically the Bronco? Sounds like thats the Ford brand in general youre mostly talking about. Thought it would be like the Wrangler which is still hugely popular no? Surprised Broncos are tanking like that was well.

If the repair cost more than the value, gon' let it go fam.

Well it certainly does :lol: At least its value in the current state

The car is pristine though inside and out. In working order I'd get $2-3k for it easy

Maybe optimistic but if I can get another trans put in for say $3k that might be worth it

I hear ya though. No guarantees a re-mfg unit will last either and the chance of something else breaking is always high

But specifically the Bronco? Sounds like thats the Ford brand in general youre mostly talking about. Thought it would be like the Wrangler which is still hugely popular no? Surprised Broncos are tanking like that was well.
I think broncos are just being hit with the normal depreciation that all cars go through but were just avoiding it due to covid crazyness

Back
Top Bottom