\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Just get some vinyl instead and wrap the car yourself. It is time consuming and you will make errors if it's your first time but it's a cleaner look that will protect your paint. PugLife posted that he got enough vinyl for his c63 for around $500 if I remember correctly. Down side is if you can't do it yourself you're out almost 1-2k depending on your car to get it wrapped.

sure its cheap, you might even find some for less than $500 but its VERY time consuming and if you have never done it, you are gonna give up 1/4 through it. If you dont have patience i wouldnt even bother honestly.

Thing is I already have the hood, roof and trunk vinyl wrapped already, had a friend from work who does that stuff do it. It took a few days, but I don't want to spend that kind of money anymore nor do I have the time to do it myself. The plastidip gives the same look on the entire car I want and is even cheaper than the wrap.

Supra

R34 GT-R

NSX

Japan's Finest 
pimp.gif
The holy grail of 90s sports cars!  These 3 were so far ahead of their time (NSX made Ferrari go back to the drawing board).  I dare say that these represent Toyota, Nissan, and Honda's pinnacle of engineering.  Everything else since these were finished production has been a huge let down in my eyes.  Instead we are left with mass produced drones (370Z/ G37) that lack style and sophistication or high priced bloated/ heavy supercomputers (current GTR).  

Hoping to own all 3 at some point in my lifetime.  Searching for a clean unmolested 6-speed TT Supra now.  You guys wouldn't believe the prices these things are fetching right now across the USA.  Looking at a clean 6speed 98 on ebay now and its going for 10K over original purchase price in 98 with +30K on the clock, crazy!  Saw a Skyline R34 for sale in LA from a dealer for 30K with 60K on the clock but it's a matte black travesty and not street legal anywhere in the USA.

That first Accord in blue is too nice. Anyone can chime in on it?

Still looking around for a car for myself. Need something more affordable, maybe $300 a month. I was looking at a C300 but an Accord coupe I could maybe have more fun with...

to all you legitimate car geniuses:

how much of difference does 300 or even 100 pounds make in regard to short distance speed? I read on some c63 forums about people trying to make their cars lighter so they do stuff like removing the spare tire to get rid of 25 pounds in the trunk and whatnot...does it make enough of a difference for anyone to do?
I'll give you a quick little story of why weight matters. I was at the track with a guy and he was running low 13's in his car all day. I told him hey you are really close to cracking the 12's lets go to your car and take out as much stuff as we can to get you there. We took out everything we could; rear seats, passenger seats, spare tire and jack, ect...

I would say about 120 lbs of stuff we removed and he picked up like .2 in the quarter mile and got his 12 second pass. While .2 doesn't sound like a lot of time savings it is!!

Last edited:
Jettas are not 16k brand new. Don't get a base model. Some think basic I love the mkvi body real clean......with mods even better. Check out vwvortex.com. don't get a base model though.

Jettas are not 16k brand new. Don't get a base model. Some think basic I love the mkvi body real clean......with mods even better. Check out vwvortex.com. don't get a base model though.

Starting at $16,720*

the 2014s coming out and the basic of the basics got a deeper discount than the s and se models. i want to build up my credit with that so i can go for something in the 20s-30s range. figured i drop like 5k down and have like 8k of debt. which is nothing and sell it off on manheim when i finish paying it off.

did NOT know they were that cheap? referring to brand new?

yup

Agreed

They're dope when modded too
beast, i seen a blacked out one flushed with some offset wheels in my state. looks sick in person. made me slick want a genesis :smokin i see too many hondas on the road, si's tl's and tsx's in particular.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom