\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

^^ If you can wait the Z28 is back and will be slotted in between the SS and ZL1 and it is going to have the LS7 with 500hp which is a beast of a motor....

If you can wait even longer the Camaro is being redesigned for 2015 MY on the Cadillac ATS platform which will make it lighter and more compact....
The Z28 is gonna be more of a track car then a DD..beast no doubt but the thing doesnt even come standard with A/C and the price will be around $60k which is wayyy out the price range

And the Camaro isnt getting redesigned til the 2016 MY which would put it out around Fall 2015 which is too long of a wait..my warranty will be out by then..im drivin an 07 bro
laugh.gif

Yeah you are right about redesign being a MY 2016 my bad....

Prices haven't been released yet for the Z/28 but they are saying 50k ish which is a big difference from the 37k you said you were looking at an SS for.

I have read A/C is optional but nav and a better stereo is not but if you want i'm sure you could swap in a better audio system for cheaper than the GM dealer would....

da z/28 would be too extreme for practical daily driving duties..you seen da chin splitter on that thing?

da z/28 would be too extreme for practical daily driving duties..you seen da chin splitter on that thing?
haha ninja you would freak out at what some of my people have driven around in if you think the z/28 is too extreme.... I've seen people drive around with completely gutted cars with one seat, dumped exhaust, and slicks and skinny's.....

But imo the Z/28 looks to be an aggressive car but not over the top where you couldn't drive it everyday if you had to...

Last edited:
haha ninja you would freak out at what some of my people have driven around in if you think the z/28 is too extreme.... I've seen people drive around with completely gutted cars with one seat, dumped exhaust, and slicks and skinny's.....

But imo the Z/28 looks to be an aggressive car but not over the top where you couldn't drive it everyday if you had to...

yeah but its not that enjoyable. thats mostly for track usage because its gutted. why would i pay more to have less? ya dig/?

Yeah I feel you.... Its not gutted imo but it lacks a lot of creature comforts that we have today...

It's basically the same as an SS but minus the following:

To optimize the track performance of the Camaro Z/28, the engineering team subjected it to an intensive lightweighting program, saving 100 pounds (45 kilograms) compared to the naturally aspirated Camaro SS and 300 pounds (136 kilograms) to the supercharged Camaro ZL1.

“We looked at every subsystem for opportunities to save weight,” said Oppenheiser. “Our goal was to get rid of everything that didn’t make the car faster, and keep only what was required by law. For example, we wanted to eliminate the audio system completely, but we had to keep a single speaker for the seat-belt chime to meet safety requirements.”

Other examples of weight savings include:

Eliminated the tire-inflator kit, except for Rhode Island and New Hampshire, where it is required by law
Removed interior sound deadener, and carpeting from the trunk
Replaced the standard LN4 battery with a smaller, lightweight, LN3 battery
Specified thinner, 3.2-mm glass for the rear window, compared to 3.5-mm glass on the standard Camaro
HID headlamps and foglights are not available
Air conditioning is only available as a stand-alone option

I know the seats are different as well....

That LS7 though.... :pimp:

Last edited:
Nice Camaro man. Looks like the v6 LS Model. What year is it?

Z28 is killer but not for every day.

I would be tempted to trade up to a zL1 if they brought back synergy green

if i was spending that much id rather get da boss 302 which is also track minded but keeps da drive home in mind

but to each their own

^^ If you can wait the Z28 is back and will be slotted in between the SS and ZL1 and it is going to have the LS7 with 500hp which is a beast of a motor....

If you can wait even longer the Camaro is being redesigned for 2015 MY on the Cadillac ATS platform which will make it lighter and more compact....

a camaro the size of a ATS? lulz

straight chick car then, as if the camaro isnt already small enough inside they wanna make it smaller?

2012 LS wanted to get the LT just for the on dash HUD :lol:. My first car bought on my own though and I love it. Going to be doing some work on it in addition to the plastidip; adding some color changing halos and an aftermarket HUD system. Last will be the wheels and rims cause these damn tires are too expensive.

My Airmen had a 2012 Accord and traded it in for a Dodge Avenger
mean.gif
..Dummy didn't ask anyone to go with him so they basically took advantage of the situation threw what he owed on top of the car they put him in.. Ended up paying 540$/Month For A Dodge AVENGER 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Yeah I feel you.... Its not gutted imo but it lacks a lot of creature comforts that we have today...

To optimize the track performance of the Camaro Z/28, the engineering team subjected it to an intensive lightweighting program, saving 100 pounds (45 kilograms) compared to the naturally aspirated Camaro SS and 300 pounds (136 kilograms) to the supercharged Camaro ZL1.

“We looked at every subsystem for opportunities to save weight,” said Oppenheiser. “Our goal was to get rid of everything that didn’t make the car faster, and keep only what was required by law. For example, we wanted to eliminate the audio system completely, but we had to keep a single speaker for the seat-belt chime to meet safety requirements.”

Eliminated the tire-inflator kit, except for Rhode Island and New Hampshire, where it is required by law
Specified thinner, 3.2-mm glass for the rear window, compared to 3.5-mm glass on the standard Camaro

to all you legitimate car geniuses:

how much of difference does 300 or even 100 pounds make in regard to short distance speed? I read on some c63 forums about people trying to make their cars lighter so they do stuff like removing the spare tire to get rid of 25 pounds in the trunk and whatnot...does it make enough of a difference for anyone to do?

Has anyone in here plastidipped their car? I'm looking to do my Camaro in Matte Black at the end of the summer. Already have a vinyl wrap on the hood, roof, and partially on the trunk but I want the entire thing black now. Process looks pretty simple and is DIY and a helluva lot cheaper than getting the whole car wrapped. Already researched dipyourcar.com and can basically get the entire kit with paint for about $400.

Just get some vinyl instead and wrap the car yourself. It is time consuming and you will make errors if it's your first time but it's a cleaner look that will protect your paint. PugLife posted that he got enough vinyl for his c63 for around $500 if I remember correctly. Down side is if you can't do it yourself you're out almost 1-2k depending on your car to get it wrapped.

Last edited:
Has anyone in here plastidipped their car? I'm looking to do my Camaro in Matte Black at the end of the summer. Already have a vinyl wrap on the hood, roof, and partially on the trunk but I want the entire thing black now. Process looks pretty simple and is DIY and a helluva lot cheaper than getting the whole car wrapped. Already researched dipyourcar.com and can basically get the entire kit with paint for about $400.

Just get some vinyl instead and wrap the car yourself. It is time consuming and you will make errors if it's your first time but it's a cleaner look that will protect your paint. Someone on here posted that he got enough vinyl for his c63 for around $500 if I remember correctly.

sure its cheap, you might even find some for less than $500 but its VERY time consuming and if you have never done it, you are gonna give up 1/4 through it. If you dont have patience i wouldnt even bother honestly.

Just get some vinyl instead and wrap the car yourself. It is time consuming and you will make errors if it's your first time but it's a cleaner look that will protect your paint. PugLife posted that he got enough vinyl for his c63 for around $500 if I remember correctly. Down side is if you can't do it yourself you're out almost 1-2k depending on your car to get it wrapped.

that's me haha. I've only done the hood so far. been so lazy since it was so time consuming, but I'm going to get back in it

how much of difference does 300 or even 100 pounds make in regard to short distance speed? I read on some c63 forums about people trying to make their cars lighter so they do stuff like removing the spare tire to get rid of 25 pounds in the trunk and whatnot...does it make enough of a difference for anyone to do?

not a genius but wear a 15 lb weighted vest and run a 40 yard dash then do it without.

now 25lbs in a car isnt much but the tire and other things add up so drop a couple hundred and your talking

300! yes that will make a noticeable difference, 100lbs will too just not as much. I know people who remove the back seats, spare tire and jack and to lose some real weight people take out the a/c. These are pretty inexpensive ways to make the car quicker without spending money to add power.

I can tell a difference in quickness with my car when Im by myself versus someone shotgun, and once someone is in the back its a wrap 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I was upset when i heard synergy green wouldn't

Make it to carry over on da zl1...hell next year they

Are stopping infernor orange, rally yellow, & da Crystal red coat....

2012 LS wanted to get the LT just for the on dash HUD :lol:. My first car bought on my own though and I love it. Going to be doing some work on it in addition to the plastidip; adding some color changing halos and an aftermarket HUD system. Last will be the wheels and rims cause these damn tires are too expensive.

Great first car on your own! The 5th gen Camaro is a sweet ride no matter what trim level you have.

I've driven a boss 302. Nephew has one. It's a sweet car More comparable with a 1le not a ZL1. Stock for stock handles and sounds better than my SS but IMO doesn't look nearly as good (to my eyes) but I'm biased

Back
Top Bottom