\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thanks guys! Yes the carbon trunk is very light, about 3-4 pounds lighter than stock. The brz stock parts are already pretty light, but the carbon look to me is
smile.gif
. I have a buddy who works for VIS if anyone is looking fot any parts.

-UNDFT-
Oh I might be interested in a hood, PM me if thats easier.

Thanks guys! Yes the carbon trunk is very light, about 3-4 pounds lighter than stock. The brz stock parts are already pretty light, but the carbon look to me is :smile: . I have a buddy who works for VIS if anyone is looking fot any parts.

-UNDFT-

just out of curiosity then...why not just wrap it instead of buying a whole new hood? i'm sure the wrap would cost at most about $100-$150 to get it done somewhere and 3-4 pounds is not a huge difference at all. just diet for a couple weeks and same weight savings :lol:

just out of curiosity then...why not just wrap it instead of buying a whole new hood? i'm sure the wrap would cost at most about $100-$150 to get it done somewhere and 3-4 pounds is not a huge difference at all. just diet for a couple weeks and same weight savings
laugh.gif
Fake CF wrap?

Ew.

I love the look. Painting is an option once the carbon starts fading.. or simply buy a new one. If you are on a budget, wrap is an option. If you want to do it right,real carbon ftw! I dont want to be in the fools wilding thinkin they doing it thread. Overall, I want my car to look a certain way so iam willing to pay

-UNDFT-

Speaking of fading carbon fiber i heard some people clear cote the carbon fiber and it is supposed to last longer. Anyone have any first hand experience?

my thing about the carbon fiber hood is why not paint it the same color as the car?

My friend has his hood on his RSX painted and I didn't even know that it was carbon fiber until he told me. (Pictures on my flickr page in the sig if you wanna see it) I like to see the carbon fiber if you're going to have it on there.

Retro-BRZ is looking dope!

Carbon in most cases already has a clear coat.. thats what adds the gloss look. What fades is the clear coat, not the carbon. U can reclear it and it will look like new.. lots of work.

-UNDFT-

I found this lady on an site with a 06 Jeep SRT FOR $8k with 80k on the dash. She replied to my email saying she is divorced, it's paid off, and doesn't need it anymore... I googled her name and email for a scam but nothing came up. She provided almost 20 pics also. Way to good to be true?

8 grand would be decent if it's in good condition

It's already a 7 year old car

...that will need to be babied after 100k

Last edited:
I found this lady on an site with a 06 Jeep SRT FOR $8k with 80k on the dash. She replied to my email saying she is divorced, it's paid off, and doesn't need it anymore... I googled her name and email for a scam but nothing came up. She provided almost 20 pics also. Way to good to be true?

Just have a mechanic look at it.

It's just weird because in the condition and mileage and basing on the pics they usually go for $22k+. If she hits me with the "I'm going to send you an invoice" I'm going to be highly upset lol.

It's just weird because in the condition and mileage and basing on the pics they usually go for $22k+. If she hits me with the "I'm going to send you an invoice" I'm going to be highly upset lol.

Its coming usually if its too good to be true it isnt true. Next email will be she is out of the country or something

Way too good to be true! Try and go see the truck in person, if you even get that far make sure it isn't stolen AND actually DOESN'T have any money owing on it. Pretty sure it's a scam though, if she wanted a quick sale she wouldn't have a problem getting 12-15g's FAST.

just decent? -_-

no way that's legit. if she wanted fast cash, she could take that to a dealer and sell it to them instantly for more than $8k. in this day and age...it's pretty much impossible to find a deal like that.

Oh ok. How you liking the VW?

I see them and I've liked the new bodies. How would you say it compared to your two older cars comfort/driving wise? (I figure its cheaper)

i like it a lot actually, gripe................audio quality could be better. ill work on that later.

i needed something that took regular gas and was a commuter, clean styling with a tad of luxury feel to it. jetta fit the bill. test drive one man.........you wont want a civic, corrola, sentra...best in its class if ya ask me, chevy cruze? yea that thing doesnt look cool to me sorry, dodge dart, focus? im good.....also if you think the jetta is small.......im 6'1" 200lb+ bodybuilder an i got plenty of room an comfort

i also love the sound of the 2.5se engine an its dead reliable platform......2014 changes are upon us an will be in full detail soon, i never like to get first year of something new an also cpo is way to go

with simple mods the mkVI looks great imo.......will age well

i just debadged it. hair dryer, fishing line, turtle wax bug and tar remover, paper towels.

cant wait to do my wheel and tire combo.

o an if anyone tells you its a girl car...............i actually get a lot of compliments, from females an im not even anywhere near close to my build bein done. i just keep it REAL clean. be surprised what some black magic on the wheels can do for your car on a beautiful summer day with clean alloys even if they are stock.

like i said test it out man.........it damn for sure isnt da hemi or bmw or all the other cool cars in the thread but take pride in your car an make it stand out. i will ride this out an upgrade to a3 sedan in future.

pros with jetta

looks good, cheap to insure, cheap gas, cool community, lots of little things to make it stand out. the more $ you got the better

o yea i also ordered a full LED interior set

to be honest you can make the jetta look like a lil audi easy. i plan to order LED tinted tails in the future also but even the LED daytime running lights make the cars appearance look fresh for a mere 30 bucks an plug an play installation with no error

you cant beat this classy lil whip for under 20k (i got used off lease, low miles great deal)

WATERFEST 19 is coming up real soon in NJ real big vw/audi event

if youre interested you should def check it out to give youreself an even better idea of the possibilites, culture and cool folks

Nice man. My girl (ironically :lol: ) is looking for a new car and I've been trying to convince her to look at those VW's. I really like the new body style but she wants a Lexus IS. We test drove a CC a little while ago and she liked the features/interior but didn't like the body style really. I see a bunch of nice VW's with just a set of decent wheels and maybe a light window tint and thats all she'd need but she's just so attached to that Lexus man :lol:

I'm so tossed up on what car I want to pull the trigger on (one moment I want a nice sedan with some features and the next I I want a Challenger to fulfill my inner Duke of Hazard) that I might actually take you up on your advice an go in and look at one for myself. Leather seats, sunroof, and a decent dash is all it takes to take my money. :lol:

Decent ? Thats less than half of nada estimated value.

Im highly doubt that deal is legit... Although there is a small possibility she has no idea what she has because it was her husbands car and she was granted it in the divorce.
She may have looked up values for a base Grand Cherokee because didnt know to specify it was an SRT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom