\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

any of you guys live in a state where you're supposed to have a front license plate, but choose not to anyway? have you ever been pulled over for it? thinking about taking off my front license plate bracket when I wrap my front bumper this weekend. always thought it looked a lot cleaner, but i'm not sure how strict the police can be about. i'm hoping it's like a tint ticket since I've always had illegal tint, but never got pulled over for it. I've been pulled over multiple times for speeding and they never even said anything about the tint.
My first time getting pulled over was because my front license plate wasn't on. One of the screws came out and I was heading to the shop to get some minor work done. Cop could tell i was young and it was my first car too.

He let me go in the end but I wouldn't recommend taking it off intentionally

Last edited:
any of you guys live in a state where you're supposed to have a front license plate, but choose not to anyway? have you ever been pulled over for it? thinking about taking off my front license plate bracket when I wrap my front bumper this weekend. always thought it looked a lot cleaner, but i'm not sure how strict the police can be about. i'm hoping it's like a tint ticket since I've always had illegal tint, but never got pulled over for it. I've been pulled over multiple times for speeding and they never even said anything about the tint.
Excuse me but still pretty pissed about this since I got a ticket last week for not having front license plate on.  I have had it CLEARLY visible in my front window for almost a year now.  Cops have not cited me or even give me a warning then this ***hole trooper decided to pull me over last Sunday and give me a ticket.  You can best BELIEVE I will be in court in November getting this case dismissed.  Punk *** VA cops/troopers piss me off.

Good thing you're learning in a Civic. I had to learn in a 350z
mean.gif
I learned in my first STI, it was horrible. My boy let me practice a couple of times in his civic but would purposely put me on steep hills 
sick.gif

Excuse me but still pretty pissed about this since I got a ticket last week for not having front license plate on.  I have had it CLEARLY visible in my front window for almost a year now.  Cops have not cited me or even give me a warning then this ***hole trooper decided to pull me over last Sunday and give me a ticket.  You can best BELIEVE I will be in court in November getting this case dismissed.  Punk *** VA cops/troopers piss me off.

haha good luck. I'm from va too and from what I've heard, putting it in the front window doesn't mean anything. I think I'll give it a shot since it's not my daily anyway. how much is the ticket for anyway?

Its better to not have the plate on the window while driving than to have it on there. If you get into an accident God forbid, that plate can hurt someone bad. Only have the plate on the dash when you park.

Look into what I have for a solution for the front plate hassle. Altec show n go plate holder.

And I wouldnt bother going to court for that ticket man, you are most likely going to lose. You have no leg to stand on. Sucks but it is what it is.

Its better to not have the plate on the window while driving than to have it on there. If you get into an accident God forbid, that plate can hurt someone bad. Only have the plate on the dash when you park.

Look into what I have for a solution for the front plate hassle. Altec show n go plate holder.

And I wouldnt bother going to court for that ticket man, you are most likely going to lose. You have no leg to stand on. Sucks but it is what it is.
If it is anything like other states it is a fix it ticket.  You fix it and case is dismissed, similar to driving with no operators license.

My fam Karim "Hard Hitta" Mayfield from my hometown of San Francisco been out here in Vegas in training camp so I swooped him up in the drop top masi for a break from all that hard work.  Check out my fam's fight on Sept 7th on the Chavez JR. vs Vera undercard at the Staples Center in LA.  I will be ringside and if any of yall r boxing fans and in town yall should def go and also the following week back to Vegas for the Mayweather vs Canelo fight.  

Last edited:

just youtubed it. pretty cool, but i feel like i'd end up demolishing it now that I've got a front lip and i plan on lower my car a teeny bit. you probably don't have to worry about that in the jeep, but does it seem like it'd survive any hits at all?

just youtubed it. pretty cool, but i feel like i'd end up demolishing it now that I've got a front lip and i plan on lower my car a teeny bit. you probably don't have to worry about that in the jeep, but does it seem like it'd survive any hits at all?

Well here on my Jeep this is how it sits (in the lower mesh).

Its no where near the floor so it doesnt take any hits.

But on your C63, you are def going to have to mount it on the bottom of the front bumper like you said. You just have to be careful. It can take light hits but the first big hit, I think it would be done. A guy who has a Maserati in my garage saw mine and bought it and mounted it the same way you are going to have to and hes had it for a while now. Like I said you just have to be careful.

My fam Karim "Hard Hitta" Mayfield from my hometown of San Francisco been out here in Vegas in training camp so I swooped him up in the drop top masi for a break from all that hard work.  Check out my fam's fight on Sept 7th on the Chavez JR. vs Vera undercard at the Staples Center in LA.  I will be ringside and if any of yall r boxing fans and in town yall should def go and also the following week back to Vegas for the Mayweather vs Canelo fight.  

So what you're sayin is..........open invitation to NT to piggyback off your VIP access. Iight

Help me out NT,

Lexus. BMW, Benz, or Audi.

I am taking my time and will be driving all the vehicles possible before I choose mine. If ant NT'ers own any of these post them and let me know what you think. It'll either be a sedan or coupe.

Help me out NT,

I am taking my time and will be driving all the vehicles possible before I choose mine. If ant NT'ers own any of these post them and let me know what you think. It'll either be a sedan or coupe.
It will help if you tell us what model you're looking at

Help me out NT,

So damn vague. :lol:

LFA! There, no need to even consider anything else.

What are the RPM's around idle suppose to be hovering around? I just noticed this, it starts idling at 2000r then eventually settles around 1000. Is this part of a manual cars warm up?

Help me out NT,

Will go with the M5.

:smokin

Realistically, how much should I look for to pay for a 2011 WRX? I'm talking about the base model here, gonna trade in my old RSX for a 4WD vehicle for this winter.

I was told make payments for at least 10 months before I trade in. Gonna prob get the 2014 refresh more power and better mpg.

Last edited:
Realistically, how much should I look for to pay for a 2011 WRX? I'm talking about the base model here, gonna trade in my old RSX for a 4WD vehicle for this winter.

At the price point you are looking at for a used WRX you are better off finding a new base model. You are only looking at a few k difference, plus you don't know how hard someone before you drove that car. I have seen new base models here go for around 26k.

Back
Top Bottom