\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

got offered a 98 Supra plus $3500 for my 04 Evo.

the supra is a Non-Turbo Automatic 
frown.gif
, but it is my favorite color (White) and has only 85k miles and a Clean Title so its a great platform to start out with. also, the car bluebooks for $22,500 in good condition, and my car only bluebooks for around $18k. which is what makes this extremely intriguing for more, as i have always wanted a supra, and i could probably have the money to do a TT swap or atleast turbo the NA motor.  hmmmmmmm 

the supra is a Non-Turbo Automatic :frown: , but it is my favorite color (White) and has only 85k miles and a Clean Title so its a great platform to start out with. also, the car bluebooks for $22,500 in good condition, and my car only bluebooks for around $18k. which is what makes this extremely intriguing for more, as i have always wanted a supra, and i could probably have the money to do a TT swap or atleast turbo the NA motor.  hmmmmmmm 
I'm going to pull a Ninja Hood... sounds like a perfect car for an LS swap.....

the supra is a Non-Turbo Automatic :frown: , but it is my favorite color (White) and has only 85k miles and a Clean Title so itsa great platform to start out with. also, the car bluebooks for $22,500 in good condition, and my car only bluebooks for around $18k. which is what makes this extremely intriguing for more, as i have always wanted a supra, and i could probably have the money to do a TT swap or atleast turbo the NAmotor.  hmmmmmmm 
by what you say i think you should do it tbh

Last edited:

frown.gif
, but it is my favorite color (White) and has only 85k miles and a Clean Title so itsa great platform to start out with. also, the car bluebooks for $22,500 in good condition, and my car only bluebooks for around $18k. which is what makes this extremely intriguing for more, as i have always wanted a supra, and i could probably have the money to do a TT swap or atleast turbo the NAmotor.  hmmmmmmm 
by what you say i think you should do it tbh
there are 2 things stopping me:

1) I just dumped a bunch of money into the Evo and literally got it all finished less than a month ago. (Timing belt job, bolt ons, cams, upgraded turbo, tuning)

2) swapping it to a 6 speed Twin Turbo (or doing a 6 speed swap and turbo the NA motor) will take a ton of work and money and i probably wouldn't be able to actually do it for a year or two so i would be stuck with a slow automatic non turbo turd for a while.

1) I just dumped a bunch of money into the Evo and literally got it all finished less than a month ago. (Timing belt job, bolt ons, cams, upgraded turbo, tuning)
2) swapping it to a 6 speed Twin Turbo (or doing a 6 speed swap and turbo the NA motor) will take a ton of work and money and i probably wouldn't be able to actually do it for a year or two so i would be stuck with a slow automatic non turbo turd for a while.
If I were you I'd still do it. Better to start off with a clean platform that hasn't been messed with and build it into what you want, instead of buying someone elses problem. Not too many supras like that out there anymore. Sure it'll be a slow automatic turd for a minute, but it'll be a slow automatic SUPRA turd and that'll give you motivation to hook it up.

If I were you I'd still do it. Better to start off with a clean platform that hasn't been messed with and build it into what you want, instead of buying someone elses problem. Not too many supras like that out there anymore. Sure it'll be a slow automatic turd for a minute, but it'll be a slow automatic SUPRA turd and that'll give you motivation to hook it up.
true.  but im not saying the alternative is to buy someone elses modded supra, but to wait until i can afford a stock TT supra

Yeahhh I know its like that but These Vettes now will be to me what the old classic Vette's are to current old dudes.

The Z06 had me with my jaw on the floor years back...

the supra is a Non-Turbo Automatic :frown: , but it is my favorite color (White) and has only 85k miles and a Clean Title so its a great platform to start out with. also, the car bluebooks for $22,500 in good condition, and my car only bluebooks for around $18k. which is what makes this extremely intriguing for more, as i have always wanted a supra, and i could probably have the money to do a TT swap or atleast turbo the NA motor.  hmmmmmmm 

I mean... you already know what it is.

If performance is your thing...which I think it is. Keep your EVO and cop a stock Supra TT 6MT later down the road when you can. But I wouldn't even try to cop the NA Auto with the intention of making it into a beast.

I might take some flack for this but the Supra isnt all that great of a car, especially compared to a tuned EVO like yours. Supras are extremely overrated and overpriced in the US thanks to "that" movie. If all your looking for is 2jz performance you might as well start out with a Lexus SC 300, because other than the hyped up bodystyle that's exactly what your getting with a Auto NA Supra. There is a good reason youre getting the "better" end of the trade if you go through... you already have the better car. Your car has the Supra beat in every category already.... Turbo vs NA, MT vs Auto.... and you have AWD to boot, which the Supra will never have.

Last edited:
true.  but im not saying the alternative is to buy someone elses modded supra, but to wait until i can afford a stock TT supra
I hear ya. Just comes down to how long you wanna wait until you get into a TT supra. Either way you're good, ain't like you're loosing with a 2004 Evo :smokin

frown.gif
, but it is my favorite color (White) and has only 85k miles and a Clean Title so its a great platform to start out with. also, the car bluebooks for $22,500 in good condition, and my car only bluebooks for around $18k. which is what makes this extremely intriguing for more, as i have always wanted a supra, and i could probably have the money to do a TT swap or atleast turbo the NA motor.  hmmmmmmm 

I mean... you already know what it is.

If performance is your thing...which I think it is. Keep your EVO and cop a stock Supra TT 6MT later down the road when you can. But I wouldn't even try to cop the NA Auto with the intention of making it into a beast.

I might take some flack for this but the Supra isnt all that great of a car, especially compared to a tuned EVO like yours. Supras are extremely overrated and overpriced in the US thanks to "that" movie. If all your looking for is 2jz performance you might as well start out with a Lexus SC 300, because other than the hyped up bodystyle that's exactly what your getting with a Auto NA Supra. There is a good reason youre getting the "better" end of the trade if you go through... you already have the better car. Your car has the Supra beat in every category already.... Turbo vs NA, MT vs Auto.... and you have AWD to boot, which the Supra will never have.
solid points.  and the trade is not happening anyway.  this whole time i thought the car had 85k on it, well it actually has 200k, its onlythe motor has 85k.  smh.

so it actually bluebooks for $13000, not $22500 like i thought

sure looks dope though......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom