\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Anyone ever contemplate selling some of their kicks to purchase additional mods for their rides? Anyone ever done it? Cars have always been my first love, I'm itching to start throwing on some bolt-ons onto my TBSS, but being in school means the only way that would be possible right now would be to sell some kicks :lol:

i need the new vette, ASAP

Zyzz youre not alone man, i know you wanted that chally 392 but im coppin a vette if i hit those numbers my guy

Yeah I'm really digging the vette. I wonder if they'll do any lease deals.

Anyone ever contemplate selling some of their kicks to purchase additional mods for their rides? Anyone ever done it? Cars have always been my first love, I'm itching to start throwing on some bolt-ons onto my TBSS, but being in school means the only way that would be possible right now would be to sell some kicks :lol:

I'm in school too and I just sold my entire collection... I have a little more than $20k saved from that and I can't until I can jump into a Pontiac GTO, Jeep SRT8 or a TBSS. How do you like yours?

Last edited:

You only have one pair of feet and if you have dozens of kicks you are not wearing you might as well. Found myself in that category a while back and I just started slanging them. I didn't even have a plan for the money I just looked at all these shoes in the shelves knowing the were going to collect dust. I also had jerseys up the wazoo and did the same. I kept the shoes and jerseys I really wanted and kept it moving.

Anyone ever contemplate selling some of their kicks to purchase additional mods for their rides? Anyone ever done it? Cars have always been my first love, I'm itching to start throwing on some bolt-ons onto my TBSS, but being in school means the only way that would be possible right now would be to sell some kicks
laugh.gif
Ive sold at least 75% of my collection and a lot of it has gone into my car.

I just didn't wear them and found much more joy out of modding my car then buying shoes.

BUT in terms of price, I can get about 10 pairs of any release for the price of doing something simple to my car 
laugh.gif

feelsbadman

got offered a 98 Supra plus $3500 for my 04 Evo.

the supra is a Non-Turbo Automatic 
frown.gif
, but it is my favorite color (White) and has only 85k miles and a Clean Title so its a great platform to start out with. also, the car bluebooks for $22,500 in good condition, and my car only bluebooks for around $18k. which is what makes this extremely intriguing for more, as i have always wanted a supra, and i could probably have the money to do a TT swap or atleast turbo the NA motor.  hmmmmmmm 

I mean... you already know what it is.

If performance is your thing...which I think it is. Keep your EVO and cop a stock Supra TT 6MT later down the road when you can. But I wouldn't even try to cop the NA Auto with the intention of making it into a beast.

I might take some flack for this but the Supra isnt all that great of a car, especially compared to a tuned EVO like yours. Supras are extremely overrated and overpriced in the US thanks to "that" movie. If all your looking for is 2jz performance you might as well start out with a Lexus SC 300, because other than the hyped up bodystyle that's exactly what your getting with a Auto NA Supra. There is a good reason youre getting the "better" end of the trade if you go through... you already have the better car. Your car has the Supra beat in every category already.... Turbo vs NA, MT vs Auto.... and you have AWD to boot, which the Supra will never have.
Absolutely agree with all of this.  Nelson, I have been on the hunt for a clean late model Supra TT 6speed for 2 years now.  Finding one that hasn't been modified to hell and beat down is becoming more difficult.  The low mileage 97/98's are going for high 40K/ 50K+ off ebay.  If you aren't a member over at http://www.supraforums.com already, I would sign up.  They have a for sale and wanted section that occasionally lists some gems, a lot of NA to TT conversions and some auto to manual as well.  The conversions never really fetch anywhere close to the value of a true TT manual MKIV, however and the cost to do so is likely prohibitive.  A lot of great knowledge over on that forum and some interesting info on builds from BPU to APU and beyond.

Currently on ebay there are a couple of interesting MKIV Supra's for sale:

Here is a super clean 93 TT but its auto, if it was manual I could see it going for at least 10K more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supr...9e4736c9f&item=111206952095&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

In my opinion keep that EVO beast, you have already invested a lot of money into it, but keep up the hunt for a Supra and don't compromise on what you want, go TT manual stock if you can find one, then BPU it and live the dream!

Absolutely agree with all of this.  Nelson, I have been on the hunt for a clean late model Supra TT 6speed for 2 years now.  Finding one that hasn't been modified to hell and beat down is becoming more difficult.  The low mileage 97/98's are going for high 40K/ 50K+ off ebay.  If you aren't a member over at http://www.supraforums.com already, I would sign up.  They have a for sale and wanted section that occasionally lists some gems, a lot of NA to TT conversions and some auto to manual as well.  The conversions never really fetch anywhere close to the value of a true TT manual MKIV, however and the cost to do so is likely prohibitive.  A lot of great knowledge over on that forum and some interesting info on builds from BPU to APU and beyond.

Currently on ebay there are a couple of interesting MKIV Supra's for sale:

Here is a super clean 93 TT but its auto, if it was manual I could see it going for at least 10K more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supr...9e4736c9f&item=111206952095&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

In my opinion keep that EVO beast, you have already invested a lot of money into it, but keep up the hunt for a Supra and don't compromise on what you want, go TT manual stock if you can find one, then BPU it and live the dream!
good stuff man, thanks!  im just gonna keep enjoying the Evo, and probably keep modding it lol, and ill keep my eye out online for the right Supra and one day hopefully ill snatch one up.

good luck to you on your MKIV Search!

Last edited:
I'm in school too and I just sold my entire collection... I have a little more than $20k saved from that and I can't until I can jump into a Pontiac GTO, Jeep SRT8 or a TBSS. How do you like yours?
Must have been quite the collection! You'll definitely enjoy a car more.

I love it man. For me I was stuck between the SRT8 and the TBSS. Found mine in good condition for a steal (12gs), took it for a test drive and I fell in love with it, easiest decision I've made. I like that no one really knows what it is, definitely a sleeper. The other day I was standing outside waiting for the gf and some old guy was walking by it. He stopped right in his tracks and I heard him say to his wife "What is that? Is it a Tahoe?" :lol: . So far I haven't had any issues with it, other than the starter going, it's been rock solid.

If you're interested in a Jeep SRT8 or TBSS, I think the choice comes down to mods and budget. TBSS' are a little cheaper, however I do think the interiors in the Jeep's are a little nicer, and they're also a little quicker in stock form. If you're just looking to buy a nice quick SUV and not mess with it and you don't mind paying 4-5g grand more for those advantages, I'd go with the Jeep SRT8. However, if you plan on doing mods, I'd go with the TBSS simply because the LS2 engine has a much bigger aftermarket, it's cheaper to make one go faster.

In the end though, you really can't lose either way.

You only have one pair of feet and if you have dozens of kicks you are not wearing you might as well. Found myself in that category a while back and I just started slanging them. I didn't even have a plan for the money I just looked at all these shoes in the shelves knowing the were going to collect dust. I also had jerseys up the wazoo and did the same. I kept the shoes and jerseys I really wanted and kept it moving.
:smokin
I've thought the same thing, only one pair of feet. Since I'm back in school though, I now have more time to wear the kicks, when I was working 4 months ago I didn't and hardly wore em at all, hence the dilemma!

Ive sold at least 75% of my collection and a lot of it has gone into my car.

I just didn't wear them and found much more joy out of modding my car then buying shoes.

BUT in terms of price, I can get about 10 pairs of any release for the price of doing something simple to my car :lol:

feelsbadman
Mods definitely aren't cheap. I have a very small collection compared to most on here (22 pairs), but selling most of them and keeping 3 or 4 of my favorites would net me a decent chunk of change, enough to get a fenderwell intake, electric fans, headers, a stall and a tune. My dad's a mechanic so I just need to buy the parts, install is covered :smokin . It'd be a completely different truck after the above, that's for sure.

Last edited:
how much should I expect to pay to get a decent paint job for a rear bumper? whole bumper needs to be repainted.

also, if i buy the paint myself online or whatever, how much should i expect to pay someone to do it then? is it worth doing it like that or should i just let the person painting worry about finding the color?

Last edited:
Man, I had the yeezus on repeat in my previous car haha. I'm not posting any pics of the car until I take them with my DSLR. Which is why I'm only posting the small shots that I take with my phone.

A Aston Martin driving around downtown Newark... Next time I'm at school I'll be on the lookout haha!

Last edited:

good stuff man, thanks!  im just gonna keep enjoying the Evo, and probably keep modding it lol, and ill keep my eye out online for the right Supra and one day hopefully ill snatch one up.

good luck to you on your MKIV Search!
Have you seen the 1320 Evo? Its one of the nastiest Ive ever seen and it eats Supras up left and right. I kinda like the newer body style when done right, don't tell any of my suibie boys doe.

Ugh was going to purchase an 06 wrx today with only 60k miles, no mods and clean title. Sold it yesterday though while I was at work :smh:

Originally Posted by AutoGuide
Toyota only recently joined the growing luxury truck segment but it’s off to a strong start with demand for the range-topping Platinum and 1794 edition trucks significantly outpacing expectations.

Speaking with AutoGuide at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas this week Toyota pickup chief engineer Mike Sweers said demand for the luxury pickups has been more than double what product planner forecasted. With an initial expectation that Platinum and 1794 edition models would make up roughly 10% of the sales mix, they’re actually selling at 25%.

Priced at $47,320 the 1794 edition Tundra is available exclusively as a Crewmax model and features lots of chrome, not to mention true luxury materials throughout the cabin. New to the game, Toyota is hardly an underdog when it comes to luxury, reaching out to its luxury division for input.

In our review we commented that, “the materials used look wonderful, and could easily be mistaken for Lexus interior bits.” In fact, Sweers confirmed the leather used on the truck’s seats is the same as that found in the flagship Lexus LS sedan, which has a starting price of $72,140.

That number might sound astronomical to many pickup buyers, but it may not for long. Demand for luxury pickups is so strong, prices are likely to continue to rise as automakers add features and further increase material quality.

Currently Ram already offers a Longhorn trim of its 1500 for $49,215 while the Ford F-150 Platinum Supercrew pushes past the $50,000 mark.

Sweers let slip some of the research that’s been done by Toyota and admitted they don’t know where the ceiling is for what customers will pay for a luxury truck, though he believes we could soon see half-tons selling for as much as $70,000!

guess it aint just the gtr with price increases........

Back
Top Bottom