\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Last edited:
I have $9k for a car .... I want one that will last a while and do not need luxury ... I need a good used car.

And do guys suggest going to private sellers or dealers? Certified pre-owned?

I was looking at the 2010 Honda Accord Coupe - but they run up to $15k and do not really want that price tag.

Thanks for any info!

Curious to know how you decided on the Tesla? What else were you cross-shopping it with? Just trying to see who is actually buying these things, because I have absolutely no idea.

Why do you have no idea why someone would buy a tesla?

i love the Tesla Model S. i got to drive one when i worked at a guys house who owned one. they are super nice and much faster than people think (I think the S model has around 450hp). the only thing that would scare me away from owning one is the fact that they can only go like less than 300 miles on a charge.

I never asked why, I asked who. As in, their profile, etc. Because personally speaking, at the $100k price-point, I'm looking at M5's, Panamera's, etc.

I have $9k for a car .... I want one that will last a while and do not need luxury ... I need a good used car.

And do guys suggest going to private sellers or dealers? Certified pre-owned?

I was looking at the 2010 Honda Accord Coupe - but they run up to $15k and do not really want that price tag.

Thanks for any info!
Co sign. I honestly think you should get it, gives you the sporty performance at the same time economic on fuel. I'm investing in a 2013 model once I'm able to get the credit approved within a year or two.

i love the Tesla Model S. i got to drive one when i worked at a guys house who owned one. they are super nice and much faster than people think (I think the S model has around 450hp). the only thing that would scare me away from owning one is the fact that they can only go like less than 300 miles on a charge.
and the fact tht some catch on fire after low speed mild car accidents.

Last edited:
Is that really such a big deal though? I mean the average person probably drives 3-500 miles a WEEK. So you might have to charge it a couple times a week if you're driving a lot, hook it up in your pad and go to sleep. If you don't have a garage, then your priorities are probably upside down if you're looking into buying an expensive car like the Tesla. Unless you're constantly taking roadtrips I think the 300 mile thing wouldn't really affect the average consumer that was in the market for one of these.

I'd love to test drive a tesla one day, see what all the electric hype is all about. I've driven a couple hybrids a couple years ago, back when I was working at an upholstery shop and they were..... extremely slow :x . But I know the technology has come a long ways since then. :smokin

Last edited:
I'd love to test drive a tesla one day, see what all the electric hype is all about. I've driven a couple hybrids a couple years ago, back when I was working at an upholstery shop and they were..... extremely slow
sick.gif
. But I know the technology has come a long ways since then.
smokin.gif
ya these electric cars are nothing like hybrids.  the torque is incredible.  not sure if you are familiar with them or not, but think of the Electric RC cars now that they have brushless electric motors.  the acceleration on them is just insane and much better than the Nitro RC cars.  its kinda like that

Nice tesla my man. I went by the showroom a couple weeks ago when I was back home in the bay. Sweet car. If I decide to go green will cop in a few years. I like they have a carbon fiber interior option

Saw my first telsa last week and was very impressed. The inside looked roomy and clean. The best part was the License plate said, " NO CO2" which made me laugh

It's apples and oranges to me comparing a tesla to a sports car in the same price range because one is electric and the other is a gas guzzler.

Me personally I hate going to the gas station all the time and the gas prices are always high. It's kinda neat to me that there is a car like this that is all electric and has great performance, tech, and can be luxurious.

Last edited:
If i was looking to buy a tesla S chances are i'de probably look at Maserati's & audis as well. I would've gone for the tesla s as well.

Is that really such a big deal though? I mean the average person probably drives 3-500 miles a WEEK. So you might have to charge it a couple times a week if you're driving a lot, hook it up in your pad and go to sleep. If you don't have a garage, then your priorities are probably upside down if you're looking into buying an expensive car like the Tesla. Unless you're constantly taking roadtrips I think the 300 mile thing wouldn't really affect the average consumer that was in the market for one of these.

I'd love to test drive a tesla one day, see what all the electric hype is all about. I've driven a couple hybrids a couple years ago, back when I was working at an upholstery shop and they were..... extremely slow :x . But I know the technology has come a long ways since then. :smokin

That's a silly assumption. There's plenty of reasons why a person of means may not have a garage.

Back
Top Bottom