\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Hopefully picking this beast up in the next couple of days 

635276455675506770.jpg

Nice, was thinking bout one of these too.

Is this description of a car a red flag?

This car was involved in very light flood, water has barely touched the carpet. Mazda needed no mechanical repairs when I got it. I have owned this car and drove over a 4500 miles with no problems. I purchased the Mazda in February from a dealership who repaired the vehicle. According to a receipt, they completely removed the carpet and professionally cleaned it and detailed the car in its entirety, Installed airbag module (it took some water due to low positioning in the vehicle)Car runs and drives great, ready for the winter.Tires are in great condition. Best price you will find

Last edited:

This car was involved in very light flood, water has barely touched the carpet. Mazda needed no mechanical repairs when I got it. I have owned this car and drove over a 4500 miles with no problems. I purchased the Mazda in February from a dealership who repaired the vehicle. According to a receipt, they completely removed the carpet and professionally cleaned it and detailed the car in its entirety, Installed airbag module (it took some water due to low positioning in the vehicle)Car runs and drives great, ready for the winter.Tires are in great condition. Best price you will find
Its really hit or miss, you could always take it to another reputable mechanic and have them inspect it top to bottom. If everything pans out and they're letting it go for a good price you could have a deal in your hands. 

Its really hit or miss, you could always take it to another reputable mechanic and have them inspect it top to bottom. If everything pans out and they're letting it go for a good price you could have a deal in your hands. 
Its a 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback with 25k on the dash for $9500

Best car selling tip in general is to sell the car before you NEED to. Having patience on your side works in your favor tremendously, got top dollar for my car because I was able to decline trade-in values and lowball offers, ended up getting $1000s more than if I was in a rush to sell.

IMO, I'd stay away from flood cars, I mean who knows what their definition of barely touched the carpet means. How do you know they've actually driven 4500 miles since it happened? Maybe it just got cleaned up a couple miles ago. Plus, if you ever want to sell it, you'll have to declare the same thing.

I remember back when I was apprenticing at an automotive upholstery shop, we had a Benz come in that had been flooded, entire carpet had gotten soaked. Everything else was fine, door panels, seats etc so the water couldn't have gotten too high, but definitely up to the carpet. Anyways, that car was f***ed, turned the ignition on and all sorts of lights on the dash were flashing, some of the lights were randomly turning on, and off, just a mess. Pulled the carpet, MILES of wires under there. Now I'm sure a Benz probably has more wiring under the carpet then your typical car, and I'm sure a lot of cars that get minor flood damage ARE fine, but I dunno, ever since then I'd never consider buying one. If any electrical issues do crop up down the road, they'd be a nightmare to fix.

Last edited:
Yea if it was only in water that "barely touched the carpet" it wouldn't need to be reported that it was in a "flood"

Nice.  Are you getting the S5 or the A5 Sline?  Here's mines.  6 speed.  Love her to death.  Get compliments everywhere I go
Looks awesome man! What year is it?

The one Im looking at is just an A5 with the 2.0T

They are so hard to find esp in black around my area so I jumped on this.

Does your have navi or a back up camera? 

Also I want the dual exhaust yours has, you know if people are doing that? I need to check out some Audi forums.

Last edited:
The Wifey is getting the S5 sometime this year or next year.
eyes.gif
I hate her! #jelly
Im jelly of her too. I had a Imola yellow S4 a couple years ago and liked it a lot.

Hell of a car for a woman to drive lol 

Last edited:

I would pass. You won't be able to finance it and it will be hell to insure.

Was really looking for a nice S5 about a year ago. They are pretty hard to come by if you are looking for specific things. Hate that they got rid of the V8. They are all V6s now right. Also heard of problems with carbon build up in them. Still one of my favorite cars. May have to get back in the market in a year or two after we get the wife her car.

Back
Top Bottom