\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

And on a unrelated note. I sold my TBSS the other day :frown: . Didn't really want to, but it was the smart move since I'm back in school, just couldn't justify having that expensive of a vehicle, so I'm downgrading :smh: . So I'm on the hunt for new car #14 (had to write them out tonight to remember em all :lol:).

Last edited:
And on a unrelated note. I sold my TBSS the other day :frown: . Didn't really want to, but it was the smart move since I'm back in school, just couldn't justify having that expensive of a vehicle, so I'm downgrading :smh: . So I'm on the hunt for new car #14 (had to write them out tonight to remember em all :lol:).

Gotta do what you gotta do Homie!

Hmm speaking of low riders my homeboy in college brought in a 63 impala as to get the steering column replaced

He said if I do it he'll hook up the switches so I can play with it (I'll post pics later)

Last edited:
what kinda wheels you're looking for?

How isn't a carfax not what its up to be? Shows service, registration, and damage records. Obviously not all are reported, but major damages mostly reported. Goodluck buying a car without one lol
Your naive if you buy a car just because it has a clean car fax. I replaced the whole block in my first STI and it was never reported to car fax. Also it wouldn't be too hard for a dealer to falsify a car fax report. 
Not if you plugged in 
pimp.gif

Gotta do what you gotta do Homie!
It'll pay off in the end :smokin

How much does a hydraulic suspension like that cost??
A lot :lol:. It really depends how crazy you want to go. I had 3 grand in pumps and batteries in that car. Then install if you don't know how, easy 1000 there. And then reinforcements, at least some so your springs don't start working through the frame. You're looking at an easy 5 grand to do it properly.

what kinda wheels you're looking for?
Thinking about getting another 5L fox body mustang, love those cars.

Quick question...are all 3 piece wheels forged? Obviously I buy things without knowing anything about them. Can they be powdercoated without affecting them? I'm getting conflicting reports when I search online.

Quick question...are all 3 piece wheels forged? Obviously I buy things without knowing anything about them. Can they be powdercoated without affecting them? I'm getting conflicting reports when I search online.
No not all 3 pieces are forged. Yes you can powdercoat forged rims. My Volks are forged, and powdercoated

air spider 777 air spider 777
I'm currently looking at the gc srt's any positive and negatives you can point out with yours?

Gas mileage, upkeep, etc? Thanks

Positives:

its AWD and you can use it year round. As long as the snow isnt an O.D. amount. Also the AWD is the shiat for dig races. :D It has the interior room of a typical mid size suv. Oh and its quick. :smile:

Negatives:

Bad Mpg. My gas mileage is 7-8 mpg in Manhattan. Yea, bad but I knew this when I bought it. Dont even want to calculate the amount of money I have spent on gas since I drove it off the lot. lol Didnt even get it with a full tank. All it had in it was the gas it got from the factory when it came off the line. SMH at Chrysler.

Anyways.......

As far as any other negatives goes, I would say the interior rattles are annoying to track down. But as things get older you have to tighten loosen screws and whatever. Plus my loud exhaust doesnt help in that department. lol

The upkeep isnt that bad but you are spending a good amount. I go through brakes every 20k. The diffs and tcase oil has to be changed every 15k. Also the trans fluid has to come out every 20. I change the engine oil every 3k. I get the Mobil 1 0-40 jugs from wal mart for 25 bucks (5 qts in a jug. Need to get 2 and take 2 quarts out of the second jug to make 7) and I get the K&N oil filter from the nearest auto parts store. You will be going through tires every 30-40k. The SRT stock alignment comes with a slight negative camber so the tires on the front wear on the insides. Tires installed and balanced are around 1200 bucks. I had to replace the stock goodyear piece of **** runflats after 15k. Dont ever buy those tires. I am now on my second set of Toyo Proxes ST2's. Love those tires.

Oh and btw look for an 08 and up. 06-07, I dont like the gray interior and the chiseled front end. I like the angular look of the 08-10.

Anything else you need to know about, hit me up. And good luck on your search!

I appreciate the insight,

I'm currently looking at 2012 models. I know know certain features I want like the panorama moonroof , etc. just don't know color and all that.

You really did answer everything I was thinking about that I thank you on that.

Would you recommend havin it for a daily driver? (Using a 07 civic as a dd right now) I work about 15 miles away from my house.
I use to own a regular gc and I miss it, drove a new one the other day but that srt is something serious.

I'm currently looking at 2012 models. I know know certain features I want like the panorama moonroof , etc. just don't know color and all that.

Would you recommend havin it for a daily driver? (Using a 07 civic as a dd right now) I work about 15 miles away from my house.
I use to own a regular gc and I miss it, drove a new one the other day but that srt is something serious.

cant really compare the previous gen to the current gen SRT jeeps. completely different suv inside and out.

since no one on here has one, better off going and joining a jeep srt forum. they will give you everything you re looking for.

Ahhh the 2012 models. It has the 6.4 with MDS. Thats where when you are driving around town normally, it shuts off 4 of the 8 cylinders and your mpg gets a little better. Mpg wise the new gen is a little better. Around town in your area (which I assume isnt a congested area) you should see 12-16mpg depending on how you drive. Also the fuel tank is 26 gallons so you wont be stopping at the pump as frequently as my generation.

If I were you, and if you can swing it, I would wait a while and cop a 14 when you have the dough. That new 8 speed trans with launch control is reallllllly good. These dudes out here with that are snapping off low 4 0-60 stock along with 1/4 mile times in the 12's. The 2012-2013 have the NAG 1 trans, which is the same as my generation. Plus the 14's have the 8 inch infotainment screen which is nice.

Join up the forum, www.cherokeesrt8.com

Ive been a member for 7 years now (joined 2 years before I bought the SRT haha). Great site for info.

i was gonna suggest the '14 but i was assuming he would be spending much less buying used.

the 6.1 didnt have MDS? :nerd:

while it doesnt make a huge difference i bet it would have helped you a tiny bit unless you drive pedal to the floor all the time. As much as i know about all chryslers, i always assumed the 5.7 and 6.1 both had MDS.

while it doesnt make a huge difference i bet it would have helped you a tiny bit unless you drive pedal to the floor all the time. As much as i know about all chryslers, i always assumed the 5.7 and 6.1 both had MDS.

Im not a fan of mds. Had it on my 07 5.7 Wk and it sounded like a helicopter lol. I got a tune for it so it was shut off. Lol

Mds doesnt belong on anything srt. Imo.

Oh and the only current srts without mds are the manual trans challys and of course the viper.

Thanks for all the insight guys.

Yea I love the new 2014 models unfortunately I just don't see myself dropping that kind of money right now. I honestly could wait a little while but that new car(to me) feeling is just itching.

I have my limit at around 45k and I found some nice 12's with low mileage. I hear the 15's will also have some new things added, maybe I should just wait it out and see if I can get a 14 for around lower 50s

Thanks again. And also I'll check out that forum, didn't even know it existed

Back
Top Bottom