\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

not sure if posted...def a testament to Acuras, although Luda does have the money to maintain it
laugh.gif

If there's any proof that Ludacris is a cool dude, or that Acura's glory days are behind them it's this: Luda still drives his '93 Acura Legend from before he made it big.

Not only does Luda still drive the car, he's racked up over 240,000 miles on the thing. More than that, he poses it next to his private jet with the line "My plane & my 93 Acura Legend. It's doesn't get much more Gangsta than that. Lol"

That's what he said on Chelsea Lately a few weeks ago, as Reddit's r/cars recently pointed out. Chelsea Handler asked, "I just found out that you drive a 1993 Acura Legend?" Luda replied.
This is the car that I've had way before all the commercial success. So I still drive it. It has like over 240,000 miles on the car.
Chelsea pointed out that her drug dealer in high school had a black Acura, too. Luda was not dismayed.
You know, I think the Acura Legend was the signature drug dealer car back around then. So it's a good thing.
To recap: Not only does Ludacris still drive (and post pictures of) his car from before being famous, he openly recognizes its drug dealer cred. Try and imagine the same thing happening with a new Acura.

http://jalopnik.com/ludacris-still-drives-his-93-acura-from-before-he-was-804134178

The Speed3 only has 280 lb.-ft. of torque. No need to be scared.

Like I said I can't drive stick. so far I've seen two reviews talking about the power it has for a fwd. Something to the effect that fwd should only have as much as 220.

Only con is I see way more speed3's for sale in my area than Si.

It's weird because I hardly see and speed3's here. DMV

i didn't realize it was a decision between those 2 cars.  The Speed3 is a much more fun car to drive, and the interior is nicer, as well as the features. I drove tons of SI's when i worked at Honda and they are blahhhhhh.  The "drive by wire" in the SI, (if you aren't familiar, it is an electronic throttle cable) is absolute garbage! Totally delays the response from when you put your foot down to when the car responds.

The torque steer is nothing to be afraid of in the Mazda, just don't smash the throttle down while you are taking a corner at a low speed, pretty simple. And being able the spin the front tires while shifting into second or third gear is pretty fun

Last edited:
Like I said I can't drive stick. so far I've seen two reviews talking about the power it has for a fwd. Something to the effect that fwd should only have as much as 220.
Wait, someone is putting a limit on how much torque a FWD car should have? 
roll.gif

I guess RWD cars should never have more than 250 then, any more and you will lose the back end and crash if you floor it. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The "drive by wire" in the SI, (if you aren't familiar, it is an electronic throttle cable) is absolute garbage! Totally delays the response from when you put your foot down to when the car responds.
totally forgot about the throttle lag/rev hang. nothing a flashpro cant fix :D

i'm sure you've mentioned it before, but what did you do at honda?

Last edited:
The "drive by wire" in the SI, (if you aren't familiar, it is an electronic throttle cable) is absolute garbage! Totally delays the response from when you put your foot down to when the car responds.
totally forgot about the throttle lag/rev hang. nothing a flashpro cant fix :D

I believe he washed whips :nerd:

Aka a. Detailer

totally forgot about the throttle lag/rev hang. nothing a flashpro cant fix
happy.gif

Detailing and dealer trades.

Me and my other buddy took care of all the buff jobs and major detail jobs while making the other 3 detailers do the ***** work and wash all the cars on the lot and what not. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Only con is I see way more speed3's for sale in my area than Si.

It's weird because I hardly see and speed3's here. DMV

Before I bought the si, I was in the market for a gti or speed3. I've done research on the speed3s and found out that they're notorious for their motors blowing at low mileages. Dunno the situation now on the newer models though.

Got the headlights custom done by my homie out in SoCal about a year ago. S2000 projectors with BMW 3series (e46) shrouds with a black chrome paint on the reflectors. Retrofits is one of the best exterior mods to do IMO; if your car doesn't have projectors...even if you wanna upgrade to better ones.

Last edited:
Got the headlights custom done by my homie out in SoCal about a year ago. S2000 projectors with BMW 3series (e46) shrouds with a black chrome paint on the reflectors. Retrofits is one of the best exterior mods to do IMO; if your car doesn't have projectors...even if you wanna upgrade to better ones.

Retrofitting headlights is time consuming. How long did that take? I want to do it to my camry since my hid's just spread the light everywhere but I have no idea how to.

Retrofitting headlights is time consuming. How long did that take? I want to do it to my camry since my hid's just spread the light everywhere but I have no idea how to.

Well I didn't make these...I don't have the skill to do something like that. I just mailed all the parts that were needed to his place to be constructed. It took him maybe about 2-3 days tops to assemble everything. The only negative experience I dealt with throughout that process was USPS losing my original headlights, making me fork over an extra 5 beans for a brand new pair of headlights....I had even insured em too! Of course I had the runaround saying I boxed my own headlights inappropriately 90 days later..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom