\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I saw this on FB yesterday. They say it makes 900 to the crank, how does it lose over 100hp to the wheels? I know all cars do but that seems like a lot.
That's actually not much. Drivetrain power loss is a percentage, not a number, so the more hp you put down, the higher the loss. Cars are usually anywhere between 10-20% depending on the transmission (auto, Which loses more, vs manual) gears, lubrication etc., so that would be just over 10%, which is relatively small.

Last edited:
That's actually not much. Drivetrain power loss is a percentage, not a number, so the more hp you put down, the higher the loss. Cars are usually anywhere between 10-20% depending on the transmission (auto, Which loses more, vs manual) gears, lubrication etc., so that would be just over 10%, which is relatively small.
Thanks bro. Crank HP is just a bragging number then 
laugh.gif

Thanks bro. Crank HP is just a bragging number then :lol:
Pretty much :lol:. A good rule of thumb is manuals lose 13-15%, and autos lose 18-20%. This is a VERY rough approximation due to all the variables at play, but it'll get you in the ball park.

i want an air shifter 
eek.gif

skip to 1:30 if you don't want to watch the dyno runs
I saw this on FB yesterday. They say it makes 900 to the crank, how does it lose over 100hp to the wheels? I know all cars do but that seems like a lot.
I can't believe nobody has mention this yet, AWD loses more than FWD or RWD......

AWD cars lose up to 25% hp from the flywheel to the wheels.

My car actually makes over 500 to the crank 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Well, I went to looking for some yesterday but came across a 2012 Evo X GSR for $29K. It only had ~18K miles and everything was just immaculate and after test driving it, I'm in love, and was ready to trade in my FR-S right there. Luckily, I was able to compose myself and sleep on it and was going to spend time this weekend researching it. Anybody input of the X's?
nice man. I don't personally have any input on the X's. I have never owned one and don't have any close friends that do.  I do like them though, just not as much as the 8 or 9.

That one you saw has REALLY low miles. That would be awesome. You can definitely get one closer to 20k though if you don't get it from a dealer and you get one with like 30-50k.  just a thought

Hello, Thanks for the feedback guys!

Currently:

ST Coilovers . Had BC's and ST best suits my needs.

18x8.5 57xtremes front on 225
18x9.5 57xtremes rear on 245

Running Cusco front and rear strut Bars.

Super comfortable ride. No rubbing and no fender pulling.

I chose Subaru because I have always been a Subaru fan. I am a sucker for WRB color and I also couldn't resist the alcantara/leather seats, heated seats, push start and navigation not to mention the LED DRL's and doper headlights. I had a 07 limited wrx in WRB in the past. I have pretty much all bolt ons with the exception of headers, over pipe and down pipe which are next on my list then iam done. It's my daily so boosting it is out of the picture. I love it.

-UNDFT-

Hello, Thanks for the feedback guys!

Currently:

ST Coilovers . Had BC's and ST best suits my needs.

18x8.5 57xtremes front on 225
18x9.5 57xtremes rear on 245

Running Cusco front and rear strut Bars.

Super comfortable ride. No rubbing and no fender pulling.

I chose Subaru because I have always been a Subaru fan. I am a sucker for WRB color and I also couldn't resist the alcantara/leather seats, heated seats, push start and navigation not to mention the LED DRL's and doper headlights. I had a 07 limited wrx in WRB in the past. I have pretty much all bolt ons with the exception of headers, over pipe and down pipe which are next on my list then iam done. It's my daily so boosting it is out of the picture. I love it.

-UNDFT-

Thanks for the info i was deff worried about rubbing

You shouldn't rub. and if you to, it may be the fronts but very minimal depending on how aggressive your driving is. The ST coils are made by KW and are pretty much the V1 with the exception of the price tag! I am sponsored by JDM motorsports in NY who gives me a GREAT deal on all parts. I would not mind send those deals your way.

If you need some carbon, I also have a buddy who works directly for VIS Racing. JDM Motorsports has accounts with Seibon and Carbon Creations.

hope this helps!

-UNDFT-

You shouldn't rub. and if you to, it may be the fronts but very minimal depending on how aggressive your driving is. The ST coils are made by KW and are pretty much the V1 with the exception of the price tag! I am sponsored by JDM motorsports in NY who gives me a GREAT deal on all parts. I would not mind send those deals your way.

If you need some carbon, I also have a buddy who works directly for VIS Racing. JDM Motorsports has accounts with Seibon and Carbon Creations.

hope this helps!

-UNDFT-

Ill deff be in touch with you soon

Damn whats good bro, haven't talked to ya in a minute.

BRZ looking great.

Sup man! It has been a minute. Been posting a lot more on NT. Not as shy anymore I guess. Haha! I will keep you guys updated on my car. Some more power mods coming soon. I should be pushing 240-250hp with my bolt ons and call it a day.

-UNDFT-

Sup man! It has been a minute. Been posting a lot more on NT. Not as shy anymore I guess. Haha! I will keep you guys updated on my car. Some more power mods coming soon. I should be pushing 240-250hp with my bolt ons and call it a day.

-UNDFT-
Nice man thats awesome. I sold my Subi and got back in the German game. Go ahead and turbo that thing! 

I plasted dipped my roof almost 2 years ago. Still looks good, hasnt ripped off or anything.

Vinyl of course is better, are you doing it or going to a shop?

Nice man thats awesome. I sold my Subi and got back in the German game. Go ahead and turbo that thing! 

I want to so bad! But nahh not right now. We'll see. As far as plastidip... I have not done it myself but seen how it looks after a while and it looks weak imo. The roof is a diff story, since its just exposed to the sun it not prone to damage like wheels (ie rocks, debris and crap on the road). I would personally vinyl it. so it's all even and one color. Peels off just as easy.

-UNDFT-

Boss, hows the A5 treating you?
Good man threw the grille on a couple weekends ago and now Im just trying to keep the pollen off it and not spend anymore money on it lol

I want to just go all out and make it a show car, bags, VIP wheels, new color interior, exhaust.... but part of me is telling me to wait and see if Im going to keep it.

STIs will always have my heart lol

Hows the SI?

I plasted dipped my roof almost 2 years ago. Still looks good, hasnt ripped off or anything.

Vinyl of course is better, are you doing it or going to a shop?

Doing it myself. The shop wanted $350, sheet of vinyl was $60. Doesn't look too hard, as long as you take the time to prep

*edit*

Well tried to do it...did not go well at all :lol: the groove in the roof makes it tough. think I'll be paying to have it done

Last edited:
Hopefully this hasn't been posted in here before, has anyone ever seen this before? It's pretty cool, I couldn't stop watching :lol:

Last edited:
my cars giving up on me. keep getting a "low oil pressure, turn off engine" message come on when i accelerate hard or go over 30mph. not sure what to do at this point/

Have you gotten it checked out yet?

no not yet.

That's not good

I think your thermostat is broken

You should go get that checked out soon
thermostat has to do with coolant temperature. that is definately not the case.

1) check your oil level. if its low, you have a leak. Make sure it isnt milky either, otherwise you have a whole other problem.
2) you might have a faulty oil pressure switch (not likely since you claim its from accelerating)
3) likely you have a bad oil pump. oil pump is inside your oil pan. (where you drain your oil).

dont wanna scare you, but without oil recirculating and lubricating your engine, your engine block may last, but your heads definately wont. and those arent cheap.
no lubrication = seize = goodbye engine

can it also be from bad coolant? had a flush done a while back and dude gave me the green kind when my car needs dex-cool. the only time where its ok is if dude did a thorough flush and im not sure if he did or not.

how much would an oil pump cost? got a 07 impala with 126k

my cars giving up on me. keep getting a "low oil pressure, turn off engine" message come on when i accelerate hard or go over 30mph. not sure what to do at this point/

Have you gotten it checked out yet?

no not yet.

That's not good

I think your thermostat is broken

You should go get that checked out soon
thermostat has to do with coolant temperature. that is definately not the case.

1) check your oil level. if its low, you have a leak. Make sure it isnt milky either, otherwise you have a whole other problem.
2) you might have a faulty oil pressure switch (not likely since you claim its from accelerating)
3) likely you have a bad oil pump. oil pump is inside your oil pan. (where you drain your oil).

dont wanna scare you, but without oil recirculating and lubricating your engine, your engine block may last, but your heads definately wont. and those arent cheap.
no lubrication = seize = goodbye engine

can it also be from bad coolant? had a flush done a while back and dude gave me the green kind when my car needs dex-cool. the only time where its ok is if dude did a thorough flush and im not sure if he did or not.

how much would an oil pump cost? got a 07 impala with 126k
rockauto.com for parts

Back
Top Bottom