\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I'm mean, race cars have them as well.. I believe the intended purpose is... If you take your car to the track, and crash/ditch into the sand, you can get pulled out..
Ahhhhh, ok yea that would make sense. These ones on all the hondas out there look like they're made of aluminum, probably break off and smack you in the face if you tried pulling all the cars weight on one of those :lol:

That's because no one actually takes their Hondas to a track?... I mean, besides Nsx and S2000, what would you actually want to track lol...

>D I've never been huge Honda fan.. but don't sleep on CRX's, Civic's and Integra's. They all have the potential to be very trackworthy despite their roots as FF commuter cars.

I meant stock-ish, sorry.. If you going to upgrade that much, a simple steel hook would be chump change...

Last edited:
I'm mean, race cars have them as well.. I believe the intended purpose is... If you take your car to the track, and crash/ditch into the sand, you can get pulled out..
Ahhhhh, ok yea that would make sense. These ones on all the hondas out there look like they're made of aluminum, probably break off and smack you in the face if you tried pulling all the cars weight on one of those :lol:

That's because no one actually takes their Hondas to a track?... I mean, besides Nsx and S2000, what would you actually want to track lol...

>D I've never been huge Honda fan.. but don't sleep on CRX's, Civic's and Integra's. They all have the potential to be very trackworthy despite their roots as FF commuter cars.

I meant stock-ish, sorry.. If you going to upgrade that much, a simple steel hook would be chump change...

Even stock the Type Rs are nothing to sneeze at but I hear ya.. I think the cosmetic tow hooks are kinda silly too. I've even seen some people cutting away part of their hood and attaching them to the strut tower. :x :lol:

The big aluminum tow hooks on Hondas are so funny.

I know a few local Evo owners that have the tow hooks like the pic posted on the last page of the red one, but to their credit, those guys track their cars out at Thunder Hill on almost a weekly basis

plasti dip sucks! did my wheels today, honestly took an entire day to do them perfectly and now around the center cap its slightly peels some how. SMDH

anyone know how to take wheel caps out without taking the wheel off?

now i gotta redo it again tomorrow

Did you let it dry in between coats? And how many coats did you do?

yes 5 coats, and 4 gloss

they came out great but all day for some reason i was having issues with the gap around the center cap. it happens a little bit on another 2 wheels but i fixed it

i went out to look and it had a little peel to it which would get worse over time SMH

so i think late tomorrow night im gonna redo the whole wheels. such a PITA

living in england for the past year and a half has made me want an american car so bad......im tired of seeing all these hatchbacks and driving in these tiny roads

thinking bout copping a Ford Raptor or 2014 Impala when I get back

plasti dip sucks! did my wheels today, honestly took an entire day to do them perfectly and now around the center cap its slightly peels some how. SMDH

Try using a suction cup. It has to be a strong one though. If you have one of those dash mounted iphone holders with a suction cup you could try to use that.

Try using a suction cup. It has to be a strong one though. If you have one of those dash mounted iphone holders with a suction cup you could try to use that.

yea i know about that, sadly i dont think i have one around.

it w/e

ill just try it again tomorrow maybe even tho i dont have the time to do it.

living in england for the past year and a half has made me want an american car so bad......im tired of seeing all these hatchbacks and driving in these tiny roads

Get a raptor

Doesnt get more american than that :smokin

what are you gonna be using it for? The Impala LTZ is bad as hell, but I mean, not many things can compete with a Raptor.

Watch what you say...

That viper is pointing me by for a reason. I only have 170hp and 120tq. These cars are extremely capable of passing higher hp cars. This car is more fun on track than my 450whp awd car. Passing cars in my evo is too easy. No challenge. A well set up light car with a good driver will beat an overpowered heavy car all day.....ahem American cough cough...:smokin

Last edited:
Watch what you say...

That viper is pointing me by for a reason. I only have 170hp and 120tq. These cars are extremely capable of passing higher hp cars. This car is more fun on track than my 450whp and car. Passing cars in my evo is too easy. No challenge. A well set up light car with a good driver will beat an overpowered heavy car all day.....ahem American cough cough...
smokin.gif
Thanks for that.  Anyways some nice cars in here.  Who knew
glasses.gif

You can laugh at Hondas it's alright. I laugh at most of them too. Just realize you can't judge all of them the same. If you think hp numbers are all that matter you have probably never driven on a race track. A miata with 120hp will humble a lot of people too. Jussayin :nerd:

Last edited:
How is this not a thread?!?

Also... Might be looking to cop a whip...

Hovering around 15-20k...

Want to cop a Challenger, ford Taurus... Or something basic... Not too flashy...

Want to stay relatively low till I can ball out and cop a Ferrari like in that video

Think I can get the aforementioned whips in that price range?

Suggestions would be appreciated...

Want to stay under 30k miles if possible.
:nerd:

Can anyone help me out. I'm looking for a different daily.

2005 EVO VIII 16.7k miles asking $25k

Fair price? I plan to negotiate if I buy it of course.

16.7k miles and probably 5k were going over 100 mph :lol:

I've always wondered where this notion of people "beating up their cars" come from? I've yet to meet anybody who owns anything above a junker or rice car that really beats up their car that much. Spirited driving, sure but unless someone was selling their track car, then I can't see how bad you can push daily driver, as far as speed goes?

I've had around 7 cars in my life so far and they've been a mix of owning and leasing and I've never driven wreck ess. And from all the people I've met at the meets, they've all seem to respect their cars.

I agree, a small, light, and nimble car can certainly surprise a high powered, heavy one, especially on a tight course with low speed corners. Also, the driver is an enormous part of the equation. I've seen race driving instructors at Streets of Willow in Willow Springs get stock Toyota Matrixes around the track faster than most people could get a Ferrari around. A lot of the people who buy expensive cars are less mechanically/racing inclined and just have money, so I'm always skeptical of their driving skills when I see videos of Hondas/Miatas passing F430s and 911s at the track. I'd like to think someone with a Viper can drive though, since it's a harder-edged, more enthusiast targeted car.

I've taken my evo x out to the track once... My very first track experience... needless to say I was getting passed by a newer civic si... Couldn't believe it... made me respect the notion "it's not the car it's the driver"

never sleep on any car lol

My wheels are on their way to BenzWorks to go on the completed Prior wide body SL65 AMG.

As I mentioned, I went with D2 Forged max concave CV8's. 20x10 in front 20x12.5 in rear. Zero offset all the way around. Polished lipe with graphite centers. Step lip and over hanging spokes.

2uhp920.jpg

s6hsup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom