\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Anyone in here into road course racing?

That is my ultimate plan for the VR-4. I don't know if I'll join a series, but track days will be had at VIR and Summit Point a few times a year. The cost is the most prohibitive factor to me. For now, I am going to make the car reliable, and learn skills in it before totally stripping it down and putting in a roll cage/fuel cell.

This year, I had the opportunity to track the car as part of the 3000GT/Stealth owners club, but it was still not road worthy.

i've been to buttonwillow raceway park, but never raced.  did a few laps as a passenger in my friend's 500+ hp '02 m3.  i was hooked.  it is pricey to do the road courses though.  need to upgrade my brakes, and get a helmet, so i can at least start hitting the tracks. 

Yeah, a helmet is the minimum requirement to drive at any track. I wanted a carbon fiber one but I don't think I'm on that level yet. I have a regular Snell 2010 helmet. Getting the Stig helmet would be awesome as well, but pricey.

I've been to the track once... Buttonwillow cw13... Took my evo x out there.. Ended up running a 2:14 as my fastest lap... Not bad for a neeeewb.

I went with my buddy who has a 2013 Nissan gtr with slight mods... He just posted a 1:52 just this past weekend.

Thats actually why i asked because im looking at whats around and the "membership" prices are crazy

From what im gathering its more cost effective to join a club like NASA or SCCA but even then you get one or two track days a year at your local track. Local to me is like a 2-4 hr drive depending on the track.

Drag racing is so cheap compared to this but i kinda want to do both :smh:

Interesting color choice. Haven't seen that one at all.

Enjoy brotha.
Yeah it was hard trying to find this in my area. I really wanted the dark grey but they couldn't find any within the surrounding states. Once I saw this color in person I never looked back 
laugh.gif

Nice bruh. My Si has been treating me right (08 coupe). Thinking of getting a Flashpro soon and coils.

Only thing I dont like about those new Si's are the rims. They dont look like the fit the car.
I feel the same way but I wasnt going to pay the extra 2k that they wanted for the 18" HFP's when I buy better looking ones for a alot less. 

I'm feeling all this Honda love. I need to go find pictures of my old teggy.

Edit: Found a couple. My 2000 DC2. Had a boosted LS-V with a street tune.

Last edited:
dam bruhh how u gon sell a non molested GSR whew u shouldve kept it tbh
smokin.gif
looks taken care of
smokin.gif
Just got rid of a non molested GSR myself.  It was a 95 4 door. 100% stock.  I bought it last year from a old guy who had the car since 1996.  bought it for 2600.  sold it a couple months ago for 3900

y u letting her go

Time to go back home. Was just in Manila for a couple of years. Also have an RSX-S stateside. Maaaaaaan my type r was mint tho. :smokin Unmolested. Only had 49k KM when I handed over the keys. Pretty good for a 12 year old car.

Shoulda brought it back to the states with ya :pimp:

I wish. lol but it wouldn't pass inspections in california. It was an original RHD, converted to LHD. Them Filipino mechanics where something else bro :rofl: It was a clean job tho. All JDM cars in the Philippines are all from Japan then converted to LHD.

I like how the direction of this thread went from da hemi to VTEC in the last few pages. :smokin

Dope Integras peeps!

How the Type-R feel compared to your Type-S?

Way different bro. From power to braking to suspension, R was a lot better. Felt more raw inside too. Didnt need anything else other than a little drop cause the stock height was like a 3 finger gap. I modded them differently tho. Coils for the S but only springs for the R cause I couldnt go as low. Just intake header and exhaust for both.

Back
Top Bottom