\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What do you guys think about Touchless Car Washes for a quick wash?

I have a '13 Camry that's taking a beating from my commute + the birds that hang around the parking lot at work
mean.gif
.  Gonna get it detailed in two weeks, so I'm wondering if it'll be better to go through a touchless wash today or just wait it out until I get it detailed.  No time or supplies to wash it myself unfortunately.

Fam I remember first time the god dam engine shut off on me I was in the middle of the intersection making a left turn almost **** myself :rofl:

What do you guys think about Touchless Car Washes for a quick wash?

I have a '13 Camry that's taking a beating from my commute + the birds that hang around the parking lot at work
mean.gif
.  Gonna get it detailed in two weeks, so I'm wondering if it'll be better to go through a touchless wash today or just wait it out until I get it detailed.  No time or supplies to wash it myself unfortunately.
if there is bird crap on your car, any car wash would be a good idea.  at the very least, wet TP and carefully rub it off, so it doesn't continue eating into your clear coat.  the acidic nature with the sun heating it up will result in clear coat damage. 

if there is bird crap on your car, any car wash would be a good idea.  at the very least, wet TP and carefully rub it off, so it doesn't continue eating into your clear coat.  the acidic nature with the sun heating it up will result in clear coat damage. 

Yeah, there's bird crap on it :smh:. I'll hit the car wash then and hopefully get it off.

Nice civic but lets see pics of the white GSR!

Still miss my Integra and that was like 7 yrs ago, always liked the 4DR as well (have a thing for sport sedans)

This is my GS-R slammed on Function/Form Type 1 coils, full Greddy exhaust, and real 16x7 Spoon SW388, none of that fake Rota/Nippon/Drag crap. Gonna sell it though and put the money towards the Civic. Keeping the rims though.

http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/C...0-44EE-A5CD-1FD965EAC7E8_zps3z6qh3ka.jpg.html

slightly less aggressive stance, and without mudflaps is what i'd prefer.  but that's still a very clean GSR.  nice indeed

god dam them rims tho :wow:

i was thinking they were reps too til i read it :pimp:

this could be u fam :wow: cop a dc 2 instead with a jdm front end :wow:

index.php

:wow:

Last edited:
Nice teg I got a black 95 gsr 2 door I bought it has a shell with the itr 5 lug conversion and usdm itr front and other itr parts. I put fuction and form coilovers on it and the ac system back in Picked up a jdm gsr motor swap,and It's been my daily driver for the last 3 years.

Is it worth modding an automatic car that has the most basic specs/features? Currently own a Nissan Sentra 2011 and I do want to mod it, but I'm not sure if I'm just wasting money/time by doing so on a car that is as basic as it can get...

Is it worth modding an automatic car that has the most basic specs/features? Currently own a Nissan Sentra 2011 and I do want to mod it, but I'm not sure if I'm just wasting money/time by doing so on a car that is as basic as it can get...
Depends on what you're doing, and your plans for the car. If you're planning on keeping it for a while (like at least a couple years from now) , there's no harm in doing tint, wheels and some lowering springs. These mods won't increase the value of the car much, but they won't break the bank either, and you can always take the wheels off down the road. As far as engine and performance mods, I wouldn't bother, you won't get much power out of them on a basic sentra, it'll be a waste of money.

If you don't plan on keeping the car for more then a year or two, don't touch it, and save your money for the next ride!

Depends on what you're doing, and your plans for the car. If you're planning on keeping it for a while (like at least a couple years from now) , there's no harm in doing tint, wheels and some lowering springs. These mods won't increase the value of the car much, but they won't break the bank either, and you can always take the wheels off down the road. As far as engine and performance mods, I wouldn't bother, you won't get much power out of them on a basic sentra, it'll be a waste of money.

If you don't plan on keeping the car for more then a year or two, don't touch it, and save your money for the next ride!
I should've been more specific when I asked the question...but yea, meant to say mods on aesthetics rather than performance. And ill be having the car for at least a good 6 years minimum since I'm still in college.

W waitwut andretti andretti shimmyhendrix shimmyhendrix appreciate the responses

I should've been more specific when I asked the question...but yea, meant to say mods on aesthetics rather than performance. And ill be having the car for at least a good 6 years minimum since I'm still in college.

W waitwut andretti andretti shimmyhendrix shimmyhendrix appreciate the responses
If you're keeping it for 6 years, go for it man. Just simple, reversible, relatively cheap mods though like wheels and springs, maybe a lip, things you can take off and sell down the road when you upgrade. Nothing crazy like body kits and hoods, or expensive coil overs, then you'll just be throwing money away.

Last edited:

@WaitWut @Andretti @ShimmyHendrix appreciate the responses
6 years is a long time.  if i were you, i would do mods that would improve your everyday driving.  there are lots of modifications that are reversible.  if you have projector headlights, hids would be a great safety addition.  i'm an audiophile, so i'd replace the stereo to an aftermarket receiver, so you can get the most out of your stock speakers.  suspension mods are fun on FWD cars.  front strut bar, and rear sway bar combo, will really improve your car's driving characteristics.  i used to be able to throw my '03 sentra around corners on 3 wheels with those 2 parts, and springs. 

If you're keeping it for 6 years, go for it man. Just simple, reversible, relatively cheap mods though like wheels and springs, maybe a lip, things you can take off and sell down the road when you upgrade. Nothing crazy like body kits and hoods, or expensive coil overs, then you'll just be throwing money away.

6 years is a long time.  if i were you, i would do mods that would improve your everyday driving.  there are lots of modifications that are reversible.  if you have projector headlights, hids would be a great safety addition.  i'm an audiophile, so i'd replace the stereo to an aftermarket receiver, so you can get the most out of your stock speakers.  suspension mods are fun on FWD cars.  front strut bar, and rear sway bar combo, will really improve your car's driving characteristics.  i used to be able to throw my '03 sentra around corners on 3 wheels with those 2 parts, and springs. 
Sweet, going to keep all this in mind when I start to mod then after some research.
smokin.gif
 Thank yall for the input. Repped.

bros...my car didnt start this morning, jumped it and it started up, drove around for a bit, parked, tried to start it and it died again. had to jump it again.

is this my battery? or my alternator? too general to tell?

I think i'm gonna remove the battery and test it. I was getting dash lights and radio but my windows wouldn't go all the way down.

any ideas or any advice to do when i get home tonight?

you aren't throwing money away with coilovers bro its definitely a lot better than just getting lowering springs and potentially messing up your suspension

bros...my car didnt start this morning, jumped it and it started up, drove around for a bit, parked, tried to start it and it died again. had to jump it again.

I think i'm gonna remove the battery and test it. I was getting dash lights and radio but my windows wouldn't go all the way down.

Probably the battery. If it were the alternator and all you did was jump the battery but didn't actually charge it, the car would have died or maybe not even started

Last edited:

Probably the battery. If it were the alternator and all you did was jump the battery but didn't actually charge it, the car would have died or maybe not even started

thanks man

Back
Top Bottom