\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My homie having car troubles too
Meh bought it for 700 (he got what' he paid for it) since he bought it I've replaces the rear strut and his rear brakes but this morning when he went to test drive it he said it wouldn't go into gear so he let me drive it
Started it up and not 5 seconds later smoke is coming from the hood pop the hood and the fuel line/rail was leaking gas

So now I think it's bad gas he put into it

I got a question for you guys... When do you think cars powered by ONLY gas/diesel will stop being produced... The future is obviously gas/electric hybrids, the near future at least... Considering how long it takes to develop a car, I'd say 2024 or so...

I got a question for you guys... When do you think cars powered by ONLY gas/diesel will stop being produced... The future is obviously gas/electric hybrids, the near future at least... Considering how long it takes to develop a car, I'd say 2024 or so...
Unless there absolutely no more gas? Never

Gear heads like my self couldn't fathom having big block Chevys n hemi's just to look at in our life time and would fight tooth n nail with whoever is attempting to stop gasoline use in cars :lol:

Gear heads like my self couldn't fathom having big block Chevys n hemi's just to look at in our life time and would fight tooth n nail with whoever is attempting to stop gasoline use in cars :lol:

I'm not talking Prius type hybrids lol... More 918 like.. Where the engine is the main power source, but with electric help... Like dude said, cars use a lot of gas just to get to 25mph...

I'm not talking Prius type hybrids lol... More 918 like.. Where the engine is the main power source, but with electric help... Like dude said, cars use a lot of gas just to get to 25mph...
Aw. :lol:

Not bad I actually had this idea of which I won't share but it's kida like that

Teslas are already here. Theyre all already here but people just are choosing not to buy them. Other affordable examples are nissan leaf and i think they have a pruis model and a cmax?

Tinted the windows on my wife's car, now I gotta wrap the roof

near future...

base model-s is $70k, 302hp..
performance $130k - 416 hp

SLS AMG Electric - $430k, 740hp...
918, P1..etc...

just a matter of time until it trickles down to consumers. really the problem is battery technology has lagged, that and also developing 300+ hp hybrid :lol:

supposedly the FT-1 will come in a gas hybrid version with a V6? interesting....

Last edited:
I've never made payments on a car, so no. I think it boils down to preference, though. Some people want to be the first to do things with new platforms so they go ahead and do it. If I had the money, I would be modding a 2015 STI, but to me it's not worth it.

Do y'all make mods on cars while y'all still making payments on it or nah?
i owe 8 grand on mine.  payments don't stop my modding, but the main thing that's been stopping me from going all out is.. well money... but also maintaining my powertrain warranty. 

wont be for a longggggggg time unless gas runs out

the consumers want gas powered cars

and as for modding while still having payments yeah just do simple stuff that wont affect the warranty

Last edited:
For now you can at least use MyCarfax.com. it's free. It won't show accident history but at least it shows if someone ****** with the mileage on it
Thanks will help for now ima keep looking tho im trying to keep it under 2.5k. ima go check it out thursday and see how bad the body is. I know it already needs paint and some body work but i wanna check if it has frame damage. Low mile Ls1 5 speed recipe for disaster.:evil:

Last edited:

wont be for a longggggggg time unless gas runs out

the consumers want gas powered cars

and as for modding while still having payments yeah just do simple stuff that wont affect the warranty

That's why I'm talking hybrids, not electric cars lol..

Could you imagine if your STi had an electrics motor that provided an additional 100hp, while increasing mpg?... Sounds pretty good doesn't it?...

Back
Top Bottom