\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

in for responses to this. lol

Just sold my GFs civic for her and shes looking for something a little nicer. I told her to get like an 06 Acura TL, she likes them but she wants a late 2000s G37 sedan. I'm not really a fan of the way they look but im interested to hear about the reliability on them

I was very close to buying one before my audi a5. A g37 coupe S. From my research, they're pretty solid. The Nissan engine is built like a rock. U may run into other small issues here and there but the overall reliability is pretty good. The only downfall however is bad gas mielage. Heard it gets an average of 18mpg. If you drive aggressively, u may get 15mpg on a lucky day

I'm really feeling that Sierra mayn..makes me wanna get one in maroon n get my grown man on...personally I would've already started looking into air ride. I would love to just park it on them Thangs but that's just me. Ugh I bet it sounds soo mean.
Damn enjoy and take care of that sexy thang man. Biggups..btw that front end gets me gidy.

Your SRT is a thing of beauty, mang. Love that ****.

As far as the tints, do you get **** from the cops? I went the legal limit on my windows because my car (blackout charger) is a ******* magnet for the police. Even the guy at the tint shop said I was making a good decision :lol:

Oh its a cop magnet but for not the reasons you think... I've have had plenty of cops stop dead in their tracks like :x :smh: either in their patrol cars or walking.

One funny story I was coming up a busy hill/ intersection in Jersey City by the square and a cop was at the top directing traffic. No lie, he disregarded everything else and watched me the entire time. When I got close, he saluted and he couldn't even see me. I thought that was hilarious. I know Air Spider has plenty of stories seeing how his is tinted as dark as mine is. The looks you get from just having an all black car thats loud. :pimp:

Last edited:
I've always loved mustangs :pimp: I think this is the one that'll change people's opinions on them

Anyone here good with audio?

I'm looking to purchase a new sub/amp/box but I have no idea where to start.

I get about 17mpg city in my g. As far as reliability it's a nissan essentially, basic maintenance goes a long way.

As far as audio mondaynightraw mondaynightraw could most likely help you out.

Last edited:
I get about 17mpg city in my g. As far as reliability it's a nissan essentially, basic maintenance goes a long way.

As far as audio @mondaynightraw could most likely help you out.
No I cant 
grin.gif

loving the is350 f sport. no complaints yet. MPG aint too bad, and you can definitely notice the difference between sport and sport S

I was very close to buying one before my audi a5. A g37 coupe S. From my research, they're pretty solid. The Nissan engine is built like a rock. U may run into other small issues here and there but the overall reliability is pretty good. The only downfall however is bad gas mileage. Heard it gets an average of 18mpg. If you drive aggressively, u may get 15mpg on a lucky day
If you do alot of city driving (stop n go) RIP to mpg. I couldn't imagine it, the G is heavy for lack torque for it weight so off the line it can be sluggish.
I do alot of highway driving at 65-80 mph so my mileage is pretty good. Probably around 350 a tank.

I myself went from a 08 civic to a G. You'll love it, the smooth ride, decreased road noise (the Civic has zero sound deadening) and power in mid and top range is worth it.

So my GF has gone from wanting a TL/TSX to a G37 and now an Acura RDX. Looks like she is going to pull the trigger on the RDX.  Honestly its a pretty cool car. The interior is nice, very similar to the TL, has heated seats, backup camera, Navigation, nice stereo system with a factory subwoofer.  And the car is AWD which is nice.  Plus u can hear it's little turbo spoolin when you get on it 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

As far as audio [@=/u/37868/mondaynightraw]@mondaynightraw[/@] could most likely help you out.
No I cant >D
my bad bro, could've swore you would always have advice when it came down to audio. Maybe I'm confused though.

Last edited:
So my GF has gone from wanting a TL/TSX to a G37 and now an Acura RDX. Looks like she is going to pull the trigger on the RDX.  Honestly its a pretty cool car. The interior is nice, very similar to the TL, has heated seats, backup camera, Navigation, nice stereo system with a factory subwoofer.  And the car is AWD which is nice.  Plus u can hear it's little turbo spoolin when you get on it :lol:  
watch out man, she might be pregnant if she wants a suv. Plan your exit strategy.

What do you guys think? a 2013 cadillac xts luxury, it has 137,112 miles on the dash! Ouch! But the caddy is super clean inside and outside the guy is asking $16,979

so you need an aftermarket headunit.  HU is the most important part of the build imo.  every brand has a lower and upper tier model.  pioneer has premier, kenwood has excelon... whatnot.  if you plan on adding an amp and sub, you'll want the upper tier.  they always have a higher voltage preamp output.  the higher the number, the cleaner the signal to your amp.  the lower models have like 2 volts, and the better ones have like 4-6 or more.  to install the HU, you'll need a wire harness specific to your car, and maybe an antenna adapter.  you might need a mounting kit, which is also specific to your car. 

installation will include cutting/stripping wires, and reconnecting them to the wire harness.  soldering the wires is recommended, but you can get by with butt connectors or something simple like that.  www.crutchfield.com has a lot of good info.  their products are over priced, but they include installation guides and it's pretty easy to buy everything you need there.  i've heard they have great customer support too. 

for amp and sub.  you want to have the sub RMS wattage slightly lower than the amp's RMS wattage, so you're not pushing your sub beyond its limits.  when looking for your sub there are single voiced coils, and dual voice coils.  SVC and DVC.  SVC would be ideal for a single sub setup.  if you want 2 subs you'll want the DVC, so you can wire them up at a lower OHM to get the most power from your amp.  i guess you can run a single DVC sub, but it'll have to be wired in parallel to a 2 channel amp iirc.  amps come in mono, dual, 4/5/6 channel.  you'll prob want a 1 or 2 channel amp depending on how many subs you plan to use.  after purchasing your amp, you'll need to get an amp wiring kit.  you'll choose the amp wiring kit gauge (thickness) accordingly to what your amp accepts. 

there are a lot of crap brands out there.  like anything at best buy is going to be bad.  JL is nice, but hella overpriced.  idk depending on how much you care about your sound, you can check out www.diyma.com  their forum has nice people and real audiophiles.  those guys' builds are ridic.  they'll point you to quality products.

Back
Top Bottom