\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

for amp and sub.  you want to have the sub RMS wattage slightly lower than the amp's RMS wattage, so you're not pushing your sub beyond its limits. 
Not exactly

You'd want to have more power on tap 
when looking for your sub there are single voiced coils, and dual voice coils.  SVC and DVC.  SVC would be ideal for a single sub setup.  if you want 2 subs you'll want the DVC, so you can wire them up at a lower OHM to get the most power from your amp.  i guess you can run a single DVC sub, but it'll have to be wired in parallel to a 2 channel amp iirc.  
DVC just gives you more wiring options
So, for example, a single 4 ohm sub can only be wired to 4 ohms
A dual 4 ohm can be wired to 2 or 8
amps come in mono, dual, 4/5/6 channel.  you'll prob want a 1 or 2 channel amp depending on how many subs you plan to use.  after purchasing your amp, you'll need to get an amp wiring kit.  you'll choose the amp wiring kit gauge (thickness) accordingly to what your amp accepts. 
 Use a mono amp for subs & a 4 channel for speakers
there are a lot of crap brands out there.  like anything at best buy is going to be bad.  JL is nice, but hella overpriced.  idk depending on how much you care about your sound, you can check out www.diyma.com  their forum has nice people and real audiophiles.  those guys' builds are ridic.  they'll point you to quality products.
JL is great & expensive

Not overpriced

So my GF has gone from wanting a TL/TSX to a G37 and now an Acura RDX. Looks like she is going to pull the trigger on the RDX.  Honestly its a pretty cool car. The interior is nice, very similar to the TL, has heated seats, backup camera, Navigation, nice stereo system with a factory subwoofer.  And the car is AWD which is nice.  Plus u can hear it's little turbo spoolin when you get on it 
laugh.gif

watch out man, she might be pregnant if she wants a suv. Plan your exit strategy.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not exactly

You'd want to have more power on tap 

DVC just gives you more wiring options
So, for example, a single 4 ohm sub can only be wired to 4 ohms
A dual 4 ohm can be wired to 2 or 8

JL is great & expensive

Not overpriced
you can feed more power to your drivers, but after a certain point there'll be distortion. 

yea DVC gives you more wiring options.  forgot the details bc it's been a while.  agree, JL is a good n expensive.

what's your setup?

I don't think I'll be able to do a H/U.

This is the dash:

Acura-ILX_2013_photo_62.jpg

Keep in my mind that my car IS being leased.

I''ll mostly likely be running a single 12" sub.

Last edited:
^ most of the brands i know are older so can't help there, but it sounds like you'll need a line out converter, sub, amp, and amp wiring kit. 

honestly man, i would keep looking. it's a 8-10k car with those miles. he is asking WAY too much.
smh yah and he's not trying to budge off the price either guy is crazy if he thinks he gonna get anywhere near the price lol told the guy good luck

Although it's high mileage, that's a 50k car as mentioned above
I don't think I'll be able to do a H/U.

This is the dash:

Acura-ILX_2013_photo_62.jpg

Keep in my mind that my car IS being leased.

I''ll mostly likely be running a single 12" sub.
Processor then

Pricey tho

LOC is a bad idea

I'm really feeling that Sierra mayn..makes me wanna get one in maroon n get my grown man on...personally I would've already started looking into air ride. I would love to just park it on them Thangs but that's just me. Ugh I bet it sounds soo mean.
Damn enjoy and take care of that sexy thang man. Biggups..btw that front end gets me gidy.
Thanks for the kind words bro. Air ride would definitely be cool, done hydros before, air ride would be nice. Kinda pricey to do though since it has leaf springs in the rear, gotta convert it to a 4 link if you wanna do it right. I'd love to slap a turbo onto it and really make some power to. What will probably end up happening though, is I'll get the hood painted, roll it for another couple months, and then sell it, I got like a 3-5 month cycle with vehicles right now :lol:

already told her i will flee to Canada 
:lol:

Come on up bruh, we'll get ya into a nice R34 Skyline :smokin

Back
Top Bottom