\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

whew mine are 35% all around i hate cars with the front looking clear as hell and the rear lookin dark as hell too :x :rofl:

im in LA havent got a ticket for tints yet (knocks on wood)

Last edited:
i have an even 35% all around, bc i too hate when the front windows look lighter than the back.  but your setup with the 35front and 20 rear looks good.  can't tell it's different

i have an even 35% all around, bc i too hate when the front windows look lighter than the back.  but your setup with the 35front and 20 rear looks good.  can't tell it's different
That's exactly why i love it. You really can't tell it's different and it keeps a little extra light out of the car and also cuts down the headlights of cars behind me a little more than 35 on the backs would

Uneven tint looks awkward to me, but understand why folks do it.

This is 20% front & back, but it usually doesn't look so dark since my seats are light grey
(pic reminds me that I desperately need to get my new wheels on)

Last edited:

Pretty much sums it up for me too! I do not like the new wrx/sti at all! New sti looks like a poor version of the evo x. But.... To each their own.

As far as tint goes...in my evo x I was running limo in the back and no tint in the front... I didn't mind it, neither did cops (I feel like it helped me not to get pulled over for my other stuff lol)

My new speed3 I bought of an eye doctor.. It was running 35 in the front and I think 20 in the back. He told me if I ever get pulled over to tell the cops that's I'm sensitive to light so my eye Dr told me to tint the front Windows! Pretty useful info right there

20% tint is perfect, the place i went to didnt have the good film in 20% :smh:

i think i had to get 27% or something

i wish i did the windsheild too.

Help me out nt fam.

I'm in the process of selling my evo x and I posted on Facebook to sell it for 23k flat which is about 500 less than blue book.

2008 evo x GSR with only 48800 miles. Comes with AEM intake full ams turbo back exhaust and h&r springs, dyno tuned to 340whp.

A mutual friend said he would buy it for my asking price. Just needed to get approved for a loan. His story is he only got approved for 21500 and the most he can do is 22k with everything in the car. I don't feel like parting the car out. It's 1g less but I'm already asking for below blue book.

What do u guys think?

He's stiffing you man. Unless you want/need the money now, tell him to atleast get another $500. Its not even about the money, I know this guy is trying to just get a g off. :lol:

You really saving that much money going from an Evo to the MS3? Im assuming its mostly savings from insurance?

He's stiffing you man. Unless you want/need the money now, tell him to atleast get another $500. Its not even about the money, I know this guy is trying to just get a g off. :lol:

You really saving that much money going from an Evo to the MS3? Im assuming its mostly savings from insurance?

Yeah feels like I'm getting a little stiffed. But i expected to sell it for 21k tbh.

No the evo is paid off, I took a loan for the ms3, I'm taking the money and paying off my student loans and credit cards.. Doing so let's us save 450 bucks a month after the monthly on the ms3

Help me out nt fam.

I'm in the process of selling my evo x and I posted on Facebook to sell it for 23k flat which is about 500 less than blue book.

2008 evo x GSR with only 48800 miles. Comes with AEM intake full ams turbo back exhaust and h&r springs, dyno tuned to 340whp.

A mutual friend said he would buy it for my asking price. Just needed to get approved for a loan. His story is he only got approved for 21500 and the most he can do is 22k with everything in the car. I don't feel like parting the car out. It's 1g less but I'm already asking for below blue book.

What do u guys think?
As an Evo owner who is constantly monitoring the used Evo market in northern CA, do NOT sell a clean title clean Evo for under blue book

For example. this one has more miles than yours: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4722805558.html

Last edited:
Yeah feels like I'm getting a little stiffed. But i expected to sell it for 21k tbh.

No the evo is paid off, I took a loan for the ms3, I'm taking the money and paying off my student loans and credit cards.. Doing so let's us save 450 bucks a month after the monthly on the ms3

:pimp: for high interest debt payoff

And let the market dictate the sale price.

I'd wait for the right buyer (willing to pay more), but not sure if that time is a luxury you have

Last edited:

i have always liked the looks of 35% front and 20% rears. i like how it basically looks the same front and rear when you're looking at the car. I personally don't like when the fronts are super light and the rears are blacked out. and it's light enough that you can still be seen through the front windows which is what cops care about most, unless they just wanna be ***** and get u for whatever they can. usually use that on all my cars and never had a problem with cops. And i am in Nor Cal
whew mine are 35% all around i hate cars with the front looking clear as hell and the rear lookin dark as hell too
sick.gif
roll.gif

im in LA havent got a ticket for tints yet (knocks on wood)

Uneven tint looks awkward to me, but understand why folks do it.

This is 20% front & back, but it usually doesn't look so dark since my seats are light grey
(pic reminds me that I desperately need to get my new wheels on)
As far as tint goes...in my evo x I was running limo in the back and no tint in the front... I didn't mind it, neither did cops (I feel like it helped me not to get pulled over for my other stuff lol)

My new speed3 I bought of an eye doctor.. It was running 35 in the front and I think 20 in the back. He told me if I ever get pulled over to tell the cops that's I'm sensitive to light so my eye Dr told me to tint the front Windows! Pretty useful info right there
20% tint is perfect, the place i went to didnt have the good film in 20%
mean.gif

i think i had to get 27% or something

i wish i did the windsheild too.
I got 20% all around. My interior is black so it works for me.

Not too dark but dark enough.

Sorta wanna get my front window tinted.
Appreciate all of the replies fellas
pimp.gif
.  Ran out of reps, but I'll get the rest of y'all for sure.

I was gonna go with 20% in the back, but the closest they had was either 35% or 15%.  My interior is black as well, so I'm thinking 35% would be the darkest I'd go since anything less might look too dark from the outside.  I was hesitant about getting anything on the front, but after reading your replies I'm a bit more confident about the front windows now.

@EvoXR1 I'm definitely gonna use that eye doctor excuse if I get pulled over, good looking out
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

^ yea man 15% is close enough to 20, shouldn't be much different than my setup. 35% should be nice.  What kind of car by the way?

^ yea man 15% is close enough to 20, shouldn't be much different than my setup. 35% should be nice.  What kind of car by the way?
A '13 Camry SE, hoping the exterior (dark grey) makes the 35% look more clear
laugh.gif
.  Really appreciate the advice btw.

Pretty much sums it up for me too! I do not like the new wrx/sti at all! New sti looks like a poor version of the evo x. But.... To each their own.

Not a fan of the new sti's, but looking at it from the rear it's :pimp: :pimp: so god damn mean.

Been meaning to post this for a while. Picked up a '15 wrx a few months ago

Congrats on the pickup and welcome to the Subaru family. Your pic reminded me that I need to tint my windows ASAP, car looks much cleaner with the tint. It looks like you have the limited trim. Any other mods beside the tint?

Back
Top Bottom