\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Check your oil pan. Specifically the gasket.

If I were to take it to the dealer or another mechanic, would they be able to take care of it?

You can, but you'll pay a premium. If you're not comfortable checking it or fixing it yourself, then take it to a mechanic that you trust. They'll be able to diagnose the exact problem and fix it themselves.

Also, find out how much the parts are going to cost. Sometimes, through promo codes like the one posted a page back, you may be able to get the part for a cheaper price than your mechanic can.

Don't take it to a place like Midas tho.

Help me out fambs.

I got a 2005 Cadillac CTS and this thing is burning through oil like crazy. I usually have to add a little less than a quarter of a quart a week. Not much of a problem, but if I don't monitor it it will drain itself and run with no oil. No idea where to start with this.
Do you Park your car in the same spot everyday? If it's leaking from the oil pan, you should have a nice puddle or noticeable spot there, especially if it's been doing it a while. If there's no puddle or sign of oil leakage.... You have a bigger problem.

Last edited:
Help me out fambs.

I got a 2005 Cadillac CTS and this thing is burning through oil like crazy. I usually have to add a little less than a quarter of a quart a week. Not much of a problem, but if I don't monitor it it will drain itself and run with no oil. No idea where to start with this.
Do you Park your car in the same spot everyday? If it's leaking from the oil pan, you should have a nice puddle or noticeable spot there, especially if it's been doing it a while. If there's no puddle or sign of oil leakage.... You have a bigger problem.

This

If its burning oil rather than leaking oil you got a pretty big problem

If I were to take it to the dealer or another mechanic, would they be able to take care of it?
You could possibly check it out yourself actually if you don't mind getting your hands dirty

You can, but you'll pay a premium. If you're not comfortable checking it or fixing it yourself, then take it to a mechanic that you trust. They'll be able to diagnose the exact problem and fix it themselves.

Also, find out how much the parts are going to cost. Sometimes, through promo codes like the one posted a page back, you may be able to get the part for a cheaper price than your mechanic can.

Don't take it to a place like Midas tho.

I've checked it out myself, and couldn't find anything wrong although I'm not very knowledgeable with these, which is why I'd kind of rather have someone see if they can do something.

The reason why Idk what to do is because I've tried searching it up online and people make it seem like it's a normal thing with this generation CTS.

Help me out fambs.

Yea, same spot. Oil puddle, but like I said earlier, I can't find the leak anywhere.

Help me out fambs.

This

If its burning oil rather than leaking oil you got a pretty big problem

Well, I hope I just cant find the leak and a mechanic can.

Saleen  Tesla
smokin.gif

My baby, my first born 2013 Cadillac XTS just picked her up the other day proud to have a Cadillac as my first car feels good to be 21!

Yea, same spot. Oil puddle, but like I said earlier, I can't find the leak anywhere.
Yep, if you can't find it and aren't that knowledgeable, bring it to a mechanic, and tell them to just try and find the leak, and then CALL you before fixing it!

Yep, if you can't find it and aren't that knowledgeable, bring it to a mechanic, and tell them to just try and find the leak, and then CALL you before fixing it!

gonna see if I have time to do it this week.

I've heard horror stories about them fixing it without calling :lol:

Ken Block's 845HP AWD 1965 Mustang :x. It'll be at SEMA, and be in the upcoming new Gymkhana.

vdknllnhhehvexgtxrbr.jpg

yfgaixhnpzwiwftqehwu.jpg

pel5i3abafn4bzmidqrf.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom