\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I've seen one for sale... Plus on a forum someone was looking for an engine to throw in his clone so I'm pretty sure he's not the only one.

:lol: I love seeing obvious Up-badging and even better yet people crossing over badges from other brands :rofl: always worth a good laugh and discussion about what makes them different.

fools wildin :lol:

My bad I was writing way too fast... I'm want to look for key signs to help AVOID buying a clone. I could never drive a fake. But some are really good and some have even went as far as dropping the 6.1 in it. I just want the real deal and not a fake.

Like pug said, vin will tell you everything.

And as far as dropping in a 6.1 its not cheap. Take that 15k and put it towards the real thing. But it is doable.

Like pug said, vin will tell you everything.

And as far as dropping in a 6.1 its not cheap. Take that 15k and put it towards the real thing. But it is doable.
By the time you did the engine swap, bumpers and interior AND bought the base model you'd spend more then the real deal.

TheKid, if it's got the 6.1 in it and looks like an SRT, it most likely IS an SRT, I don't think you have to be too concerned about buying a clone. You should run the VIN and get the history regardless

Last edited:
Curious as to what window cleaners you guys are using? Keep getting spots after a wash :smh:

I need some good ones too. All my boys live in Fresno, Bakersfield, etc. (all the reject Cali cities) and my car gets covered in dead bug residue every time i drive out :smh: :x

Updates since last time...windows tinted and put in new bumper fillers

clean :smokin

I do have respect for true clones that far surpass their original counterpart, but even in those cases I prefer completely badge-less cars.

Heres a clone I would totally rock :smokin :smokin :smokin

Duramax Diesel Powered GN clone.

Extremely Interesting story behind the build of this car...
The owner wanted a grumbling, rumbling, roaring, black soot spewing GN; but diesel regulations are extremely strict and make it very hard to do a install of a diesel engine in a non-diesel titled vehicle. So to build his dream car within regulation the owner started with a factory diesel planted 1981 cutlass. Since the car was already diesel from the factory the owner just had to pull the crappy old 5.7 "dudsel" and then drop in any diesel engine of his choice(6.6 Duramax) without any hassle from the DMV.

So yep... on paper this car is actually a 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass but the attention to detail and complete uniqueness while emulating a modern classic makes it one bad Buick in my book. :smokin

invisible glass

Try using some newspaper too, should get those spots out

2 microfiber towels. One for the initial wipe of the cleaner and second one is to get any streaks.

Meguiars Glass cleaner concentrate dilluted to 10:1 FTW :smokin

Last edited:
Vinegar works great, but make sure to wipe the surface down with water after you're done. If not, the vinegar will begin to damage the clear coat.

I know how you guys feel about "da hemi" so I grabbed a pic of this challenger on my way to work. Flat black with neon green trim and brakes. She sounded good too.

^^ Wish i coulda gotta pic of the 1 i seen last night on the expressway while i was on my bike..best lookin SRT Chally ive ever seen..couldnt see who was in it since the windows were blacked out and i was hopin dude was gonna try an race for the lulz but dude was doin the speed limit
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom