\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Why not just plasti dip it. You could do it for under $200. Will last you a couple years. Remove it when you get bored of the color.

because its kinda hard to do it perfect especially if you are a newb

the spray gun is expensive plus the gallons of dip so its more than $200.

only downside is the peeling when you wanna remove and that it can eat into the clear coat.

only downside is the peeling when you wanna remove and that it can eat into the clear coat.

Should be able to get the entire kit, 3 gallons, spray gun and all for around $450. I don't think it is as hard as your making it out to be either. Plus if it isn't even you can always take it off.

Check on craigslist though in your area. Might find a shop to do an SUV for probably 5-700.

I am going to plasti dip my wheels in the next week just to do something different from stock. Will post a picture when I am done.

Idk about all that, here in the LA area there is alot of spots that will professionally spray it. I spray painted mines flat black for $300.

Last edited:
Toss up: Mazda3 or Subaru Impreza? and which color?

I have a 2014 Impreza hatch. The Mazda looks better imo, but is less functional. It will be more fun to drive though than the Impreza, but has less interior space. If you want more room, awd, I would go with the Impreza. Also can't go wrong with the Satin White Pearl, but the Dark Gray Metallic when clean in person is a really nice color.

Also for the Impreza you won't get the advertised mpg unless you are easy on the throttle for city driving.

my "girl" car. its no bimmer or a hemi but :smokin :rolleyes 8) :lol:
i hate this car but love it at the same time.
I read this as "my girls car". Thought hmmm, sounds about right. Then I re-read it :lol:. Wheels are cool on it, the hello Kitty stuff gotta go though

Should be able to get the entire kit, 3 gallons, spray gun and all for around $450. I don't think it is as hard as your making it out to be either. Plus if it isn't even you can always take it off.

Check on craigslist though in your area. Might find a shop to do an SUV for probably 5-700.

I am going to plasti dip my wheels in the next week just to do something different from stock. Will post a picture when I am done.

So more likely to save cost im better off doing myself i mean the vid shown above doesnt seem too hard but paying 500-7 is just ridiculous its a Ford Explorer so im assuming i need about 3 gallons....

^^ Not a big fan of the WRX in a sedan, but with that being said it is supposed to be a lot better car than the current version all around. Depends on what you are looking for since both of those cars are pretty different, if you are after awd, nothing will compare to a Subaru.

So more likely to save cost im better off doing myself i mean the vid shown above doesnt seem too hard but paying 500-7 is just ridiculous its a Ford Explorer so im assuming i need about 3 gallons....

idk maybe see if anyone on craigslist has a spray gun that you can rent out or something. I think for an SUV like that it will probably take about 4 gallons. Check dipyourcar.com They sell full kits and have all the pricing on there.

You can also buy vinyl wrap and do that yourself. I think PugLife did his Mercedes on his own. It would be pretty difficult though and take some patience, likely another person or 2. But you can get the wrap fairly cheap on ebay, just get the 3m if that is what you decide on doing.

Last edited:
^^ Not a big fan of the WRX in a sedan, but with that being said it is supposed to be a lot better car than the current version all around. Depends on what you are looking for since both of those cars are pretty different, if you are after awd, nothing will compare to a Subaru.

idk maybe see if anyone on craigslist has a spray gun that you can rent out or something. I think for an SUV like that it will probably take about 4 gallons. Check dipyourcar.com They sell full kits and have all the pricing on there.

You can also buy vinyl wrap and do that yourself. I think PugLife did his Mercedes on his own. It would be pretty difficult though and take some patience, likely another person or 2. But you can get the wrap fairly cheap on ebay, just get the 3m if that is what you decide on doing.

Ok yeah i was looking to do black vinyl matte coating on it

I have a 2014 Impreza hatch. The Mazda looks better imo, but is less functional. It will be more fun to drive though than the Impreza, but has less interior space. If you want more room, awd, I would go with the Impreza. Also can't go wrong with the Satin White Pearl, but the Dark Gray Metallic when clean in person is a really nice color.

Also for the Impreza you won't get the advertised mpg unless you are easy on the throttle for city driving.
Thanks! Appreciate it

I plastidipped my wheels once. Never did it before and it came out alright from a distance. Closely examined though and you could see uneven textures and whatnot.

I'd highly recommend practicing on something small before tackling a whole car.

Also, it was a pain in the *** to remove every bit of it.

I plastidipped my wheels once. Never did it before and it came out alright from a distance. Closely examined though and you could see uneven textures and whatnot.

I'd highly recommend practicing on something small before tackling a whole car.

Also, it was a pain in the *** to remove every bit of it.

Did you use the rattlecan or a sprayer-gun ?

Plasti dipping rims...on a scle of 1-10 for difficulty its probably a 2. 
laugh.gif

Clean your wheels, put a plastic bag behind the rim (theres a video on YT of Fonzi doing this), and spray. Spray in straight lines, only angling on a new line. 2-3 light coats then go heavy. Its really as simple as can be. Its not like spray paint where you NEED everything to be even, the plasti dip will dry evenly itself. If its a pain to peel, you probably didnt do enough layers though I do admit I put a ton of layers and when I peeled my rims (wanted a different color) it wasnt exactly as easy as I thought either.

Brake light came on, turns out it was not only the mounted brake light, but the rear right one. |I

Brake light came on, turns out it was not only the mounted brake light, but the rear right one. |I

Hondaproblems

:lol: I see so many Hondas with the ABS light on.
No, it's not the ABS light, it literally says brake light. The right one is dimmer than the other, figured it out once we were pushing the brakes.

Heres a pic for better understanding *not my pic*

attachment.php

Last edited:

Hondaproblems

:lol: I see so many Hondas with the ABS light on.
No, it's not the ABS light, it literally says brake light. The right one is dimmer than the other, figured it out once we were pushing the brakes.

Heres a pic for better understanding *not my pic*

attachment.php

Aah ok.

You dont have aftermarket tails do you ? My friends Prelude had a similar problem when he swapped the lamps on his car.

Back
Top Bottom