\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Just got word that mt 02 impala's trans is pretty much done (needs new pump and clutch). This would be the 4th trans I put in it if I replace it and I'd rather drop $2100 on investing in something new. Oh it needs a torque converter too. :smh:

Looking to scoop a house so I don't want a car note. Hoping to cop a 03-05 5 series (no 545s though) for about 6-8k as something just to hold me over for a few years. If I cant find anything thats worth a damn I may just scoop another impala for like 3.5k and call it a day lol.

Damn I hate car troubles. smh.

reset my transmission earlier today...accelerates a whole lot better now.

that purr and rumble it gave when i first turned it on :pimp: :pimp:

Make sure the cooling system has been done before purchasing an e39....
Yup i'm taking the cars into my friends work for inspection before I purchase anything.

All the cars are also 6 speed manual
smokin.gif

Just got word that mt 02 impala's trans is pretty much done (needs new pump and clutch). This would be the 4th trans I put in it if I replace it and I'd rather drop $2100 on investing in something new. Oh it needs a torque converter too. :smh:

Looking to scoop a house so I don't want a car note. Hoping to cop a 03-05 5 series (no 545s though) for about 6-8k as something just to hold me over for a few years. If I cant find anything thats worth a damn I may just scoop another impala for like 3.5k and call it a day lol.

Damn I hate car troubles. smh.

damn homie you replaced the ****** 3 times already? i wouldve said eff it after the 1st replacement went out.

never really considered the evo x. i'm definitely going to test drive the sti before i make a decision.

plus, i prefer 6 gears
They had 6 gears on the previous Evo but changed it back to 5 for the X. Shorter gearing > more power quicker and less shifting. Also read that people didnt like they had to shift so much with the previous Evo's. I barely go into 6th when I drive my Si, just to cruise.

Goodluck with insurance on an Evo X...

6th gear in the evo was basically an overdrive gear. I switched my MR trans out for the 5-speed gsr and haven't looked back.

Evos just own sti's in all categories. Especially if you want big power. Sti's start losing pistons and rods around the 350 whp mark. I have been running at 420+ for years.

To each his own.

never really considered the evo x. i'm definitely going to test drive the sti before i make a decision.

plus, i prefer 6 gears
Picasso beat me to it, but 5speed > 6speed. and i have owned one of each (2005 Evo MR, 2004 Evo GSR). Not only is the 5 speed ****** stronger on Evo's, but when you have a decently powerful turbo car, the longer gears are better.  with my 6 speed, i would go full throttle and immediately have to shift..

Here is a crappy video of my 6speed Evo, so much shifting 
mean.gif

And to be quite honest you can probably do it with less than 2000 in parts as long as you have an e85 supply all while looking completely stock and passing smog :smile:

Picasso beat me to it, but 5speed > 6speed. and i have owned one of each (2005 Evo MR, 2004 Evo GSR). Not only is the 5 speed ****** stronger on Evo's, but when you have a decently powerful turbo car, the longer gears are better.  with my 6 speed, i would go full throttle and immediately have to shift..

Here is a crappy video of my 6speed Evo, so much shifting 
mean.gif
*Longer gearing. I said shorter 
laugh.gif
 You know what I mean. But yeah man if im in 6th gear in my Si, I literally have NO power. 5th I still have some kick left.

Always wanted an Evo X but here in the Bronx/NYC it would be a pain in the ***. I am not getting an Evo and NOT lower it, thats a sin. I have a garage in my building and theres no way id get a lowered Evo out of there in one piece. Im planning to drop my Si about an inch and a half, id go lower but I woudnt be able to get it out without taking forever and going at an angle. 

If I needed a great AWD DD id go for an A4. Evo would tempt me too much to mod it.

Last edited:
by any means, im not against getting an evo at all. ill add it to my list to test drive for comparisons sake since its within budget.

my s2k is fun as hell, but i definitely need more room more often than not

And to be quite honest you can probably do it with less than 2000 in parts as long as you have an e85 supply all while looking completely stock and passing smog
smile.gif
i can confirm this from experience. my old evo was just bolt ons and E85 and had 405whp and passed smog here in California.

i have a commuter now just because i wanna keep miles off my evo. 

i DD'd my S2k and my first evo. 

Evo motor >>>>>> STI motor. like Boosthog said, the STI pistons pretty much melt after 350whp. the internals are not forged, while evo internals are

Last edited:
definitely manual and 4 doors
never owned an awd, so im very curious
devil.gif

and at the price range, there's really no two better options
nerd.gif
Those should be your only options lol.

RWD is still more fun to whip around but AWD gives you a sense of control. A4? Not nearly as fast or handles as well but AWD, comes in stick, and of course luxury.

will keep in mind, thanks

Those should be your only options lol.

RWD is still more fun to whip around but AWD gives you a sense of control. A4? Not nearly as fast or handles as well but AWD, comes in stick, and of course luxury.
thought about the s4. nope.

Last edited:
Just to add some things about car detailing and reiterate some points already mentioned:

1. I use waffle weave Microfiber towels to get most of the water off then follow it with another more plush Microfiber with drying aid either a quick detailer but most of the time I use one with some protection boost such as Duragloss aquawax, XMT spray wax, or Chemical Guys V7 to name a few. Sometimes I use a leaf blower to get most of the water off the car. Do not use a chamois to dry the car if you have any residual dirt left on the paint it will marr the hell out of your paint as there is no where to be trapped.

2. When doing a 2 bucket wash i usually use a grout sponge to wash the care with dedicated sponges for the lower half of the car. Sometimes i use a chenille microfiber wash mitt. I stopped using sheep skin mitts years ago because they shed alot and dont really rinse that clean.

3. If you are unable to do a 2 bucket wash you can do either a rinseless or waterless wash. I have gone to those types of washes almost exclusively during the winter and have yet to experience any significant marring. Good products to check out for rinseless wash is Optimum no rinse. A great waterless wash product is Ultima Waterless wash +. For wash media I use multple microfiber towels. I fold the towel in fours and wipe only once in one direction with that side then flip to a new side to wipe a new spot and so on. A lot of people use a Grout sponge and a 2 BM for ONR as well.

4. Get some wheel whoolies to make cleaning your wheels a breeze and also being able to get the barrels.

Back
Top Bottom