\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

well i've got a coupe so i don't think they'd fit in the car so i was going to take an suv and just put them in the back. do you think i could say something like these are just track wheels and tell them that the car we use is on a trailer or something and they just got ahead of us and that's why we're not together right now? they are kind of expensive wheels. i was going to the toronto area anyway where the seller is so I thought it'd be more convenient to pick them up rather than having them shipped, but if it's not worth the headache, then i'll just have him ship them.

well i've got a coupe so i don't think they'd fit in the car so i was going to take an suv and just put them in the back. do you think i could say something like these are just track wheels and tell them that the car we use is on a trailer or something and they just got ahead of us and that's why we're not together right now? they are kind of expensive wheels. i was going to the toronto area anyway where the seller is so I thought it'd be more convenient to pick them up rather than having them shipped, but if it's not worth the headache, then i'll just have him ship them.
Every time I've driven over in a SUV, they've had me roll down a back window so they can look in. So they're gonna see the wheels.

You could try and make up a story. It's going to be a crapshoot, these customs guys aren't idiots, most likely they're gonna figure out what you're up to. Whether they care or not and want to deal with filling out the paperwork for taxes will be the question.

I'm sure it'll be cheaper to drive em back rather then paying for shipping + duty (I think you guys have like a $800 limit or something before getting charged duty, I keep seeing that on here anyways regarding shoes).

how are they gonna total up what YOU paid for them? they're gonna go through and research the make of the wheels and tires and total it up off retail?

Sounds OD

How are those video game steering wheels?

I mean, I drive stick so how "authentic" are these?
Pretty incredible if you get a force feedback wheel. 

I went with the Thrustmaster TX.  Pretty affordable especially if you find a lightly used one, and i like that you can switch the wheels on it. It's also compatible with all of the upgraded Thrustmaster pedals and shifter. I like it a lot better than my buddies Logitech G29. Right now i have the leather edition TX wheel but i want to switch to the ferrari 599 wheel because it's a little bigger and alcantara.

anyone buy from Carmax before? good experience?
I have not, but the Carmax warranty they offer seems intriguing. Watch Doug Demuro's video about all of the stuff Carmax has replaced on his Range Rover because of the warranty.

However, i know they're shady so do your due diligence if you buy a car there.  We had a customer bring us a 2009 Range Rover that he wanted us to sell, and he had bought it at Carmax a couple months before.  He said it was sold to him as a clean car with no accidents and a clean 'autocheck' history

Well, theres a reason they gave him an Autocheck report and not a Carfax. As soon as we saw the car we could tell some subpar repair had been done on the front end, ran a carfax and sure enough it was in an accident 2 years earlier. 

Carmax did end up buying the car back from him when he went in there and told them about it, but I'm sure they knew about it and hoped the buyer wouldn't find out.

There are many positives to CarMax, and the only issue should be choosing a car that is in the correct condition. It's the only dealership I know of that let's you return a car.

As nelson999 nelson999 mentioned, their warranty is top notch and also cheaper than other companies. So long as you do your due diligence on the vehicle you should come out on top.

Another thing that should be mentioned is that CarMax will approve anyone for a loan, they have a great relationship with many banks and in most cases will get you a better APR than a competitive dealership.

You'll spend half the time sitting there than you would at a normal dealership due to the non negotiable pricing. My employee got his 550i M Sport there and I went with him, the experience was not bad at all and I would recommend it to anyone.

Just know to make sure the car checks out, they have the largest inventory of any other dealership so it only makes sense that some won't be too great.

By non negotiable does that mean whatever the sticker price is that's how much they will sell it no matter what? Even if you tell them about a cheaper same model car

yes. i believe if they don't sell the car for the price they have it listed at, they just send it off to auction.

By non negotiable does that mean whatever the sticker price is that's how much they will sell it no matter what? Even if you tell them about a cheaper same model car

Non negotiable means you go in and pay what they have on the sticker.

Taxes and tags still go on top. You can finance it in if you want.

yes. i believe if they don't sell the car for the price they have it listed at, they just send it off to auction.
Yep they also auction any car they get that has any sort of modification, and also a lot of high end expensive cars they don't want to sell. Which is why you can find some cool stuff at Carmax auctions. We went to one in LA to try to get a 2011 GT3RS but it went for a stupid high amount like above what it would retail for.

how are they gonna total up what YOU paid for them? they're gonna go through and research the make of the wheels and tires and total it up off retail?

Sounds OD
Have you ever cleared anything at customs before, by yourself? I have. When I ordered a custom driveshaft for a car I used to own, the seller didn't put the value on it. I had it shipped via a boat, from the USA. When I picked it up at the customs office, I told them the value. They didn't believe me, so I actually had to go into their office and pull up emails between the seller and myself. So yea, it was OD.

Believe what you want to though, I'm sure if you tell the border agent you paid 50 bucks for your custom wheels, they'll eat that right up :lol:

Sounds OD
Have you ever cleared anything at customs before, by yourself? I have. When I ordered a custom driveshaft for a car I used to own, the seller didn't put the value on it. I had it shipped via a boat, from the USA. When I picked it up at the customs office, I told them the value. They didn't believe me, so I actually had to go into their office and pull up emails between the seller and myself. So yea, it was OD.

Believe what you want to though, I'm sure if you tell the border agent you paid 50 bucks for your custom wheels, they'll eat that right up :lol:

im not doubting they do. I've literally gone through twice maybe three times.

canada customs lets go slide through like its nothing, way back USA always gives issues. I'm a clean dude, always make me turn off the car and search my trunk.

I'm like bruh...

im not doubting they do. I've literally gone through twice maybe three times.

canada customs lets go slide through like its nothing, way back USA always gives issues. I'm a clean dude, always make me turn off the car and search my trunk.

I'm like bruh...
Yea, it really depends on who you get. I used to live really close to the border so I was going over fairly regularly for a while. I've had chill people on both sides, the Canada guys always seem more friendly though. The last time I went over, when I was coming back into Canada the border agent had more questions for me about my Jeep SRT8 then about why I was in the States, we were holding up the line chatting about my truck :lol:

Knock on wood, I've never been pulled over and had my vehicle searched, but I know clean people that have :smh:

Last edited:

Got a new phone (S8+) and just washed the truck so this seemed like a perfect opportunity to snap a picture :smokin

Maaaaaaan, y'all are gonna push me over the edge :lol: . Lately the swirls and minor scratches have been driving me nuts, especially when the sun is out. Been debating for the past couple weeks about taking the truck to the detailer and getting it cut polished. They said they'd do it for 275, and put about 5-6 hours into it, which seemed reasonable.

275 for a full paint correction is a good price. Then do a proper 2-bucket wash every time after that. You can look it up on the forums but basically you need to be smart with which panels you pick first and the directions in which you wash. No overlap or circular motions .The less you are in contact with the paint the better. Use multiple mitts and change out water 2-3 times per wash

275 for a full paint correction is a good price. Then do a proper 2-bucket wash every time after that. You can look it up on the forums but basically you need to be smart with which panels you pick first and the directions in which you wash. No overlap or circular motions .The less you are in contact with the paint the better. Use multiple mitts and change out water 2-3 times per wash
Yea that's what I thought too, price is decent. Since I've had the truck I've done the 2 bucket method, but the damage was already done, it is 10 year old paint after all.

Yea that's what I thought too, price is decent. Since I've had the truck I've done the 2 bucket method, but the damage was already done, it is 10 year old paint after all.

Get that thing detailed with a nice coat of wax/sealant and it'll look brand new.

Maaaaaaan, y'all are gonna push me over the edge :lol: . Lately the swirls and minor scratches have been driving me nuts, especially when the sun is out. Been debating for the past couple weeks about taking the truck to the detailer and getting it cut polished. They said they'd do it for 275, and put about 5-6 hours into it, which seemed reasonable.

$275 IS DECENT... A SPOT HERE CHARGES $300+ FOR BLACK VEHICLES... THE + WITH EMPHASIS ON HOW BAD THE PAINT IS.

Back
Top Bottom