\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yup, that's Ben's car. He was chatting with my buddy Andrew who went with me in his Storm Titanium Elise. That color is just incredible. So unique and different. .makes silver look really cool.

I too wanted an Elise, but I officially changed my mind once I realized how hard it was getting into my friend's car with the soft top on. I'm 6' 190 and normal build (without a beer gut because I don't drink, lol) but my legs are longer than my torso (pants are 33" or 34 depending on the brand). So getting in and out was a bit of a challenge. And you CAN NOT under ANY circumstances grab ahold of the windshield header. It's a non-weight bearing structure and will crack the windshield if you use it to get in/out.

So I've gone 100% on board for an Evora 400 or most likely a GT when I get back to working and can start putting my work pay away. Either that or I wait for 2024 (approximately) for Lotus to reintroduce bespoke color choices for the Emira. Then I may just get one of those. By that time, the bugs will be worked out, the V6 will still be around, and maybe they offer the next level up (maybe an S or some variant).

I got a few cool ideas for color choices in my head if I went bespoke colors. And my interior will also be slick. As for getting an Elise? They will always be around. Some with higher mileage some with super low. The car is a $50K car now for a 2005-2006 model with low mileage. They won't become a $100K car. I think it's gonna be in this $50-$60K range based on several factors. The Exige will always be more and the later Elises will be a little more (2011 Elise & R versions are worth more) but you'll always find one. Especially if you look on Lotus Talk. I haven't signed up for it yet but I will soon. God I want an Evora GT right now! 😞 Being sick and not working does suck.

Interesting..I've never had the opportunity to sit in an Elise. I'm 6'2 and a lanky frame, so it might be a challenge for me as well.

Just picked up an attainable dream car 2 weeks ago.

2014 audi rs5
1 of 1600 for north America
500hp v8
Awd
Dct
8600rpm redline
Wrap color is inotek green

That wrap color looks awesome. What was the original color?

just can't stomach paying 70k for this interior, 50k i'll let it slide tho
2020_chevrolet_silverado_2500hd-pic-4116922642315016451-640x480.jpeg
Peak early 2000s GM interiors right here on a 2021 model :lol:

wear rare airs wear rare airs got any recommendations of shops in LA that do good PPF work? Need to get the Tesla wrapped and looking for someone good even if it costs more

I have a few good recommendations. But not all shops carry all brands, did you have a particular film in mind? And what coverage are you looking for?

Xpel, Suntek and Llumar are the most common. There’s a newcomer called STEK which is unbelievable, but costly and hard to come by.

most Companies will TAX you for PPF nowadays, but I have found some installers that are fair in price, but most importantly….do an excellent job.

saw one of these at home depot this morning and the front fascia looks way better in person compared to pictures, to me at least.

just can't stomach paying 70k for this interior, 50k i'll let it slide tho
2020_chevrolet_silverado_2500hd-pic-4116922642315016451-640x480.jpeg

duramax.jpeg
duramax2.jpeg

chevy replaced my bolt with a Silverado 1500 last week. Just waiting for the reg so I can sell it to CarMax or something.

the interior is criminal. This **** still has a physical turn key and remote fob in. 2022. Its my only car ever without push start aside the E46 M3. It drives nice at least. I’m just glad my whole Bolt Fiasco is over, that thing was sitting on the side of my house since january. I made out like a thief in the night though.

CD06D83D-BC96-41EA-A9F1-1351FB2B8051.jpeg

2AB18FB4-8FC5-46CD-AA4B-2CA11BA2C7B7.jpeg

Yea one thing American cars got right was the suspension. American cars have plush suspension when compared with Japanese and non luxury European cars.

My dad used to joke back in the day that a rental ford sedan had a better suspension than his lexus :lol:

Yea one thing American cars got right was the suspension. American cars have plush suspension when compared with Japanese and non luxury European cars.

My dad used to joke back in the day that a rental ford sedan had a better suspension than his lexus :lol:

Yeah this thing came stock with General tires and still rides great. Not a truck guy by any means so not sure where General Tire stacks up.

I’m more into 4Runners and Tacomas if anything, but it rides better than both of those for sure.

Interesting..I've never had the opportunity to sit in an Elise. I'm 6'2 and a lanky frame, so it might be a challenge for me as well.

That wrap color looks awesome. What was the original color?

Original color is panther black. Great color. Almost didn't go and see the car due to the green. But in person it slaps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220321-213900_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220321-213900_Chrome.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 124

idk man Lexus suspension it’s pretty damn plush

I rented a Chevy Impala for a road trip, felt like I was floating in a Spike Lee film.
And I drive a Lexus.

lol yea man theres ALWAYS a story, esp from the older cats, "I used to have one..." "I used to race against these all the time..." "I always loved these.." it never fails :lol:
the funniest ones are from non-car people just tryna give props, so far I've gotten, Nice Monte Carlo, Yea bro I love Hurst/Olds, my neighbor was like oh I love your Impala :lol: and a new one being nice Continental :lol: :smh:
It’s definitely is non stop attention in the G Natty. Young and old.

I have a few good recommendations. But not all shops carry all brands, did you have a particular film in mind? And what coverage are you looking for?

Xpel, Suntek and Llumar are the most common. There’s a newcomer called STEK which is unbelievable, but costly and hard to come by.

most Companies will TAX you for PPF nowadays, but I have found some installers that are fair in price, but most importantly….do an excellent job.
Xpel.

Back
Top Bottom